Windows 10: laptop occasionally thinks its not plugged in

Discus and support laptop occasionally thinks its not plugged in in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sometimes when I'm using my laptop while its plugged in, it thinks it's not plugged in. For example, when I'm in the middle of playing Counter Strike... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by fat flash, Mar 5, 2019.

1. fat flash Win User

laptop occasionally thinks its not plugged in

Sometimes when I'm using my laptop while its plugged in, it thinks it's not plugged in. For example, when I'm in the middle of playing Counter Strike the brightness goes up and down by itself because sometimes it thinks it's not plugged in. What's the fix for this?

:)

fat flash, Mar 5, 2019
  2. DianeGill Win User

about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Xjoejoex Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

laptop occasionally thinks its not plugged in [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. laptop occasionally thinks its not plugged in - Similar Threads - laptop occasionally thinks

2. Laptop is plugged in but will only use its battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is plugged in but will only use its battery: Laptop is plugged in but will only use its battery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-plugged-in-but-will-only-use-its-battery/2494a61f-c9a0-4c9f-99a0-9f9efe502f71
  3. Laptop is plugged in but will only use its battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is plugged in but will only use its battery: Laptop is plugged in but will only use its battery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-plugged-in-but-will-only-use-its-battery/2494a61f-c9a0-4c9f-99a0-9f9efe502f71
  4. Laptop is plugged in but will only use its battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my laptop is not charging even though its plugged in to the laptop and the wall with the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is not charging even though its plugged in to the laptop and the wall with the...: I checked 10 or more times to see if it was plugged in properly and securely and it was. its plugged in and it still isnt charging.this is what it looks like when its plugged in...
  6. Computer thinks its offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer thinks its offline: My PC is convinced it’s offline. When I try and use any browser it says this page cannot be reached with the error message ERR_CONNECTION_ RESET or ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED. Also, I have tried playing minecraft and I can’t login because it says “Sorry! Make sure you are online...
  7. laptop not charging while its on charger plugged in and its charging while laptop shut...

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not charging while its on charger plugged in and its charging while laptop shut...: while laptop is on its not charging when its off its charging also charger plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-charging-while-its-on-charger-plugged/cfdf7932-a0e8-4906-8963-f789ddb7e955
  8. I think its a virus

I think its a virus: So basically my pc just started putting up pop ups of if i wanted to let some apps make modifications to my pc and i canceled all those and as i was listening to my music it just started saying it could'nt play any of the songs and as they did so i went and checked in my...
  9. I think its fake

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think its fake: Recieved an email that said Invoice for 399.99 for a year subscription. Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** And if you don't want it to call within 48 hrs. to cancel Call 870 558 5544 will delete email and not call...
  10. My laptop thinks its storage is full but its not

My laptop thinks its storage is full but its not: Hi, I have an Acer Swift Laptop (Model Name: SF315-51G) I have been struggling with the storage management on it for sometime now and am constantly confused. My laptop has 2 storage locations and it tells me its full because the 'This PC (C:) 119- GB' is completely full...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows thinks pc is plugged in power

2. windows 10 laptop not plugged in thinks it still is