Windows 10: Laptop on Black Screen

Discus and support Laptop on Black Screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Monitor definitely gives light, but there is no display. Caps Lock light works. Can someone help please? Connecting to a TV does not work but it worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aliersinoral, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Laptop on Black Screen

Monitor definitely gives light, but there is no display. Caps Lock light works. Can someone help please? Connecting to a TV does not work but it worked for a small period (before I disabled one of my graphics cards)

submitted by /u/aliersinoral
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aliersinoral, Mar 7, 2021

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Virus-j Win User
    Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Laptop on Black Screen

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Laptop on Black Screen

1. Laptop on Black Screen - Similar Threads - Laptop Black Screen

2. Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen: I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people...
  3. Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen: I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people...
  4. Laptop Black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Black screen: Hi,Yesterday I installed Intel Turbo boost driverI wanted to uninstall it but I couldn't so I did a restore point.It Took my to loading screen of those moving dots but I slept and forgot the laptop turned on Restoring the Files when I woke up the laptop was turned offWhen I...
  5. Laptop Black screen

Laptop Black screen: Hi,Yesterday I installed Intel Turbo boost driverI wanted to uninstall it but I couldn't so I did a restore point.It Took my to loading screen of those moving dots but I slept and forgot the laptop turned on Restoring the Files when I woke up the laptop was turned offWhen I...
  6. Laptop Black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop black screen: I just bought a new asus zephyrus g15 laptop used and today while trying to set it up, it keeps black screening. It will randomly freeze, become unresponsive and then black screen. and I cant tell why this is. Help??...
  8. Laptop black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop black screen: I just bought a new asus zephyrus g15 laptop used and today while trying to set it up, it keeps black screening. It will randomly freeze, become unresponsive and then black screen. and I cant tell why this is. Help??...
  9. Laptop black screen

10. Laptop black screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop black screen: Hi there after login on my laptop it goes to black screen and then a box with location is not available with a red cross windows /system32/config/systemprofile/ desktop is not accessible Access is denied this keeps flashing on and off i’m unable then to do nothing with...