Windows 10: Laptop only connects to 5g not regular WIFI

Discus and support Laptop only connects to 5g not regular WIFI in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer will only connect to 5g wifi not any other wifi. It shows the other wifi connections but will not connect. I know it is not the modem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarissaPeralta, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Laptop only connects to 5g not regular WIFI

My computer will only connect to 5g wifi not any other wifi. It shows the other wifi connections but will not connect. I know it is not the modem because other laptops will connect to the non 5g wifi and works fine. When I connect to 5g it works but frequently disconnects and reconnects. This is not a huge problem at home since I have 5g but I got the Lenovo Yoga to use for work and we do not have 5g wifi there.

:)

MarissaPeralta, Mar 19, 2019

2. 5g wifi disappeared

hi,

I upgraded my modem 6 months ago and I was able to see and connect to the 5g wifi connection. when I moved residences, I can no longer see or connect to 5g. my laptop did previously connect to 5g and I did check my drivers but I still can't see or connect
    to the 5g.

cherrybomb666, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Laptop won’t connect to 5g wifi.

hello. I have been having a problem where my laptop wont connect to the 5g wifi.

i think this will help

ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS71 Gaming Laptop. 15.6” FHD Standard Display. NVIDIA GTX960M 2G GDDR5. Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.6GHz). 16GB ...

its what i use.

any fixes?

BrennanForbister, Mar 19, 2019
  4. james5050 Win User

Laptop only connects to 5g not regular WIFI

Connecting to 5G WiFi.

I have a new PC with a Realtek 802.11bg network adapter. Can't see my home 5G network ever on my available networks but it always is on my other devices.

How can I configure this computer to make it connect to 5G WiFi?

(HP notebook.)

james5050, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Laptop only connects to 5g not regular WIFI

1. Laptop only connects to 5g not regular WIFI - Similar Threads - Laptop connects regular

2. Mecer laptop, windows 10 doesn’t wanna connect to 5G WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mecer laptop, windows 10 doesn’t wanna connect to 5G WiFi: Hi I own a Mecer laptop windows 10 and it doesn’t want to connect to my 5G WiFi, which also doesn’t even appear on my networks and when I try to connect to the 2G every single time my laptop switches off, it shows a blue screen written we found an error in your laptop and...
  3. Mecer laptop, windows 10 doesn’t wanna connect to 5G WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mecer laptop, windows 10 doesn’t wanna connect to 5G WiFi: Hi I own a Mecer laptop windows 10 and it doesn’t want to connect to my 5G WiFi, which also doesn’t even appear on my networks and when I try to connect to the 2G every single time my laptop switches off, it shows a blue screen written we found an error in your laptop and...
  4. Mecer laptop, windows 10 doesn’t wanna connect to 5G WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 5G Wifi not connecting to any laptop or PC devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5G Wifi not connecting to any laptop or PC devices: Hi,For couple of months now, all our home and work laptop are not able to connect to 5G but can connect to cellphones without any problem. All our laptops and PC can detect the 5G wireless network but after we connect, we get a prompt that there isnt any internet available...
  6. 5G Wifi not connecting to any laptop or PC devices

5G Wifi not connecting to any laptop or PC devices: Hi,For couple of months now, all our home and work laptop are not able to connect to 5G but can connect to cellphones without any problem. All our laptops and PC can detect the 5G wireless network but after we connect, we get a prompt that there isnt any internet available...
  7. 5G Wifi not connecting to any laptop or PC devices

8. LAPTOP WINDOWS 11 WONT CONNECT TO 5G WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP WINDOWS 11 WONT CONNECT TO 5G WIFI: Hello. I've been having trouble connecting my laptop to my 5G Wifi. Before, my laptop automatically connected to my 5G Wifi but it suddenly stopped connecting, Most of the time the 5G Wifi does not appear in my available networks. When it does, it says it has trouble...
  9. LAPTOP WINDOWS 11 WONT CONNECT TO 5G WIFI

LAPTOP WINDOWS 11 WONT CONNECT TO 5G WIFI: Hello. I've been having trouble connecting my laptop to my 5G Wifi. Before, my laptop automatically connected to my 5G Wifi but it suddenly stopped connecting, Most of the time the 5G Wifi does not appear in my available networks. When it does, it says it has trouble...
  10. Can't connect to network - only 5G WiFi doesn't work

Can't connect to network - only 5G WiFi doesn't work: Hello,I have recently switched from Pop os to Windows 10, and I am unable to connect to the 5G network. The normal 2.4 GHz wifi does work, and 5G wifi did work when I was using Pop os. I have updated my drivers, updated windows and also checked my laptop's wifi card for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer will only connect to 5g

2. laptop connects to wifi but not 5G

3. can connect to 5g wifi but not 2g wifi

4. cant connect to my regular internet but can connect to the 5g,
  5. computer will only connect to g5 network,
  6. 5g wifi disappeared,
  7. why wont phone connect to regular wifi but will to 5G,
  8. computer is connecting to 5g network but not my regular network,
  9. can 5g wifi adaper work on 2g computer,
  10. windows 10 computer only connects to 5g wifi