Windows 10: Laptop Only Running on AC Power

Discus and support Laptop Only Running on AC Power in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Qosmio X75-A, recently I noticed that it is only running on AC power and not on the battery. The battery reports that it is fully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeMilo, May 27, 2020.

1. MikeMilo Win User

Laptop Only Running on AC Power

I have a Toshiba Qosmio X75-A, recently I noticed that it is only running on AC power and not on the battery. The battery reports that it is fully charged. I replaced the battery with a brand new OEM battery and produced the same results. The laptop will not power on without being plugged into AC power. If I remove the AC power cord while the laptop is powered on, it immediately shuts off.

I checked system settings battery usage and found that Windows will only track usage data when it's running on battery power. So I'm thinking it's a hardware issue. Any ideas on how I could check/diagnose and then make a repair? It's long out of warranty.

Thanks in advance.

:)

MikeMilo, May 27, 2020
  2. ajaye Win User

laptop's ac power keeps turning off

Hi,

My laptop's battery is no good so I always use the laptop on ac power. It was working fine last night but today it keeps shutting down after a minute or so. I've just noticed the battery icon will start off showing the power plug next to it but then the plug disappears... if I disconnect the power lead and reinsert it, I will get the plug showing again but only momentarily.

Wondering what my first steps should be... is it possible it's a setting or software problem rather than the power unit/cord itself?

(am using trusty old--if loud--laptop at the moment)

thanks in advance.

ajaye, May 27, 2020
  3. Laptop not booting to Windows 10 after new battery installed.

Hi Mr Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to contact your manufacturer regarding the battery issue. As of now you can power drain your laptop and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Disconnect the AC Adapter.

• Remove the Battery.

• Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

• Reconnect the AC adapter.

• Turn on the laptop power.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, May 27, 2020
  4. Laptop Only Running on AC Power

AC Power issue in Windows 10

Original title: AC Power issue

Hello, I have an ASUS A455LF laptop running Windows 10 Student. When my laptop fully charged, battery indicator says "not charging", which I suppose it's running on AC power. But I'm still worried is it really run on AC power or not? And if yes, is it safe
    if I keep the charger plugged in for a bit long time? By the way, this laptop has a non-removable battery. Thanks for the answers.

Muhammad Dimas Prasetyo, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Only Running on AC Power

1. Laptop Only Running on AC Power - Similar Threads - Laptop Running Power

2. Huge Battery Problem Only running on AC power

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Huge Battery Problem Only running on AC power: I have an old “Acer Aspire One” laptop that is extremely small in size 1 GB RAM. I use it to test various versions of windows 2000, XP, vista, 7 and 8. One day while I was doing this, the battery suddenly cut off and never worked again Keep in mind the battery is relatively...
  3. Huge Battery Problem Only running on AC power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge Battery Problem Only running on AC power: I have an old “Acer Aspire One” laptop that is extremely small in size 1 GB RAM. I use it to test various versions of windows 2000, XP, vista, 7 and 8. One day while I was doing this, the battery suddenly cut off and never worked again Keep in mind the battery is relatively...
  4. Huge Battery Problem Only running on AC power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop AC Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop AC Power: Should I always use AC power on laptop when it is available or drain battery , discharge it for sometime ?There are these in my laptop manual.- Use AC power whenever possible, reserving battery for mobile use.- Excessive recharging decreases the battery life....
  6. Laptop AC Power

Laptop AC Power: Should I always use AC power on laptop when it is available or drain battery , discharge it for sometime ?There are these in my laptop manual.- Use AC power whenever possible, reserving battery for mobile use.- Excessive recharging decreases the battery life....
  7. Laptop AC Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. AC Power for Windows Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AC Power for Windows Laptop: My computer's Windows Laptop AC charger just stopped working, but I can still charge using USB C. I have checked the charging cord for damage and found non. I have tried windows update and checking for new drivers. Under the "batteries" section, I only have "Surface Battery"...
  9. AC Power for Windows Laptop

AC Power for Windows Laptop: My computer's Windows Laptop AC charger just stopped working, but I can still charge using USB C. I have checked the charging cord for damage and found non. I have tried windows update and checking for new drivers. Under the "batteries" section, I only have "Surface Battery"...
  10. Laptop Hibernates automatically, even on AC power.

Laptop Hibernates automatically, even on AC power.: My system hibernates even when on AC power.Even log shows following:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 11/16/2021 6:04:37 PM Event ID: 524 Task Category: 223 Level: Information Keywords: 1024,4 User: SYSTEM Computer: kha333n Description: Critical...