Windows 10: Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%

Discus and support Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0% in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, today I attempted to power on a Dell laptop I have. I clicked the power switch, and it tried to turn on with a blue light not a BSOD for a while,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ԧ, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Ԧ
    Ԧ Win User

Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%

So, today I attempted to power on a Dell laptop I have. I clicked the power switch, and it tried to turn on with a blue light not a BSOD for a while, before force powering off. After doing some stuff with the cable, I managed to get it to turn on.

:)

2. Harge Win User

Laptop only says plugged in and battery is draining

OK so my problem is this (please see above):

My laptop says "Plugged In" It doesn't say "Not Charging" or "Laptop Discharging", just "Plugged In"

My laptop's battery is not replaceable. (i'm using a dell inspiron 15 1700)

Troubleshooting power will say there are no issues with the battery.

I have read many answers and none have addressed my problem, I am clueless. I've tried to c it for an hour without any success. I really need some help.

Harge, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    0% availability (plugged in, charging)

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Zeeba#, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%

battery is drained to 0% after i specificly shutdown my laptop

why my battery is drained to 0% after I shut down my laptop? I checked my battery by removing it out than its power remain same but when I shut down laptop after 5 to 6 hour my is drained to 0%. I have to charge first... on the other hand when my laptop
    on hibernate then it use normal amount of power(battery is not drained). why is that? why my laptop use battery power even after shut down????

bilalshabbir7799, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%

1. Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0% - Similar Threads - Laptop says plugged

2. My battery drain to 0 in bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My battery drain to 0 in bootup: Hi so ih have had my msi gf76 Ue laptop for a year and half i had this problem for a while when i charg my laptop and un plug it while it is on the battery drains normally while if i shut it down not connected to the charger and boot it up it goes to 0% i have tried updation...
  3. Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%: So, today I attempted to power on a Dell laptop I have. I clicked the power switch, and it tried to turn on with a blue light not a BSOD for a while, before force powering off. After doing some stuff with the cable, I managed to get it to turn on....
  4. Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%: So, today I attempted to power on a Dell laptop I have. I clicked the power switch, and it tried to turn on with a blue light not a BSOD for a while, before force powering off. After doing some stuff with the cable, I managed to get it to turn on....
  5. Laptop Battery Drains To 0% After Booting Into Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Battery Drains To 0% After Booting Into Windows: I have an ASUS Zephyrus M laptop.I am unable to boot into Windows 10 on battery.Immediately upon getting into Windows, the battery drains to 0% and Windows shuts down.The thing about it is, if I boot up the laptop plugged into the power, then disconnect the power lead, the...
  6. Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into windows

Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into windows: I am facing this issue on my Asus GL504GV. I charge my battery to 100 % and turn off my laptop at night. When i boot it back in the morning, when it reaches windows sign in screen i see orange battery indicator and laptop just turns off. I then plug in my charger and it...
  7. Battery draining abruptly at 40% to 0%

Battery draining abruptly at 40% to 0%: I have an HP x-360 Pavilion laptop. I updated to the latest Windows 10 2004 version about a month ago. It was working fine. However, since the last week or so, the battery abruptly drains from around 40-50% straight to 0% when working without the AC power connected. I'm not...
  8. Laptop only says plugged in and battery is draining

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop only says plugged in and battery is draining: OK so my problem is this please see above: My laptop says "Plugged In" It doesn't say "Not Charging" or "Laptop Discharging", just "Plugged In" My laptop's battery is not replaceable. i'm using a dell inspiron 15 1700 Troubleshooting power will say there are no issues...
  9. Laptop Battery draining while plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Battery draining while plugged in: I have a Dell Inspirion for about a year. I RARELY use it with just battery power. Today I noticed the battery Icon was not fully charged. I moused over it and it said "95%-plugged in". I shut down the computer and waiting a good 20 minutes and booted it up. I saw that...
  10. Battery draining when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery draining when plugged in: I have an Alienware R4 17 Laptop. I've been trying to play games on it, but after a few hours, the laptop decides to start draining and charging the battery by small amounts. The laptop then decides to drop my game performance to unplayable levels. My understanding is that...