Windows 10: Laptop only says plugged in and battery is draining

Discus and support Laptop only says plugged in and battery is draining in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; OK so my problem is this please see above: My laptop says "Plugged In" It doesn't say "Not Charging" or "Laptop Discharging", just "Plugged In" My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Harge, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Harge Win User

Laptop only says plugged in and battery is draining

OK so my problem is this please see above:

My laptop says "Plugged In" It doesn't say "Not Charging" or "Laptop Discharging", just "Plugged In"

My laptop's battery is not replaceable. i'm using a dell inspiron 15 1700

Troubleshooting power will say there are no issues with the battery.

I have read many answers and none have addressed my problem, I am clueless. I've tried to charge it for an hour without any success. I really need some help.

:)

Harge, Mar 8, 2020

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop only says plugged in and battery is draining pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 8, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Will leaving a laptop plugged in kill the battery?

I have a laptop (Compaq/HP Pesario C500) and I am running WCG on it. The battery can drain quite quickly, so I would like to leave it plugged in so it can crunch while I'm not there to attend to it. I was wondering if leaving it plugged in would kill the battery? Deminish it's ability to hold a charge? Maybe even cause problems like fire like the sony batteries did?

4. DaveM121 Win User

battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop only says plugged in and battery is draining - Similar Threads - Laptop says plugged

2. Laptop draining while plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop draining while plugged in: I have a Intel Core I3 for about a long ago. I use it with just the battery power. I shut it down and cool it down for about a few seconds, minutes, or hours, and then I reboot it up. It happened 3 weeks ago as I charged it once the battery is 10%, however, while I'm using...
  3. Laptop draining while plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop draining while plugged in: I have a Intel Core I3 for about a long ago. I use it with just the battery power. I shut it down and cool it down for about a few seconds, minutes, or hours, and then I reboot it up. It happened 3 weeks ago as I charged it once the battery is 10%, however, while I'm using...
  4. Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%: So, today I attempted to power on a Dell laptop I have. I clicked the power switch, and it tried to turn on with a blue light not a BSOD for a while, before force powering off. After doing some stuff with the cable, I managed to get it to turn on....
  5. Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%: So, today I attempted to power on a Dell laptop I have. I clicked the power switch, and it tried to turn on with a blue light not a BSOD for a while, before force powering off. After doing some stuff with the cable, I managed to get it to turn on....
  6. Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows 10 Asus laptop battery drains even plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 Asus laptop battery drains even plugged in: Asus laptops have a battery software manager that can stop charging at 60 or 80 when the charging cable is plugged in, and yesterday I set it to 80 and then changed it to 60, but it's discharging. I haven't faced such a problem before any help is highly appreciated....
  8. Laptop Battery draining while plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Battery draining while plugged in: I have a Dell Inspirion for about a year. I RARELY use it with just battery power. Today I noticed the battery Icon was not fully charged. I moused over it and it said "95%-plugged in". I shut down the computer and waiting a good 20 minutes and booted it up. I saw that...
  9. Battery draining when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery draining when plugged in: I have an Alienware R4 17 Laptop. I've been trying to play games on it, but after a few hours, the laptop decides to start draining and charging the battery by small amounts. The laptop then decides to drop my game performance to unplayable levels. My understanding is that...
  10. Battery icon only says "plugged in", but it still charges.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery icon only says "plugged in", but it still charges.: Recently my laptop -an Acer Aspire ES1-533- updated, and ever since whenever it's charging it says "plugged in". Before the update it would say "plugged in, charging." However, both times it's charged this week, it's charged all the way back up to 100%. There's nothing wrong...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop shows plugged in only

2. laptop only says plugged in

3. battery only says plugged in