Windows 10: Laptop only stays in hibernate for around 20 seconds when lid is closed, then becomes...

Discus and support Laptop only stays in hibernate for around 20 seconds when lid is closed, then becomes... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop has been running out of charge during the nights all of a sudden, so I ran a sleep study in the command prompt to try and diagnose the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sairaaj, Oct 26, 2020.

1. sairaaj Win User

Laptop only stays in hibernate for around 20 seconds when lid is closed, then becomes...

My laptop has been running out of charge during the nights all of a sudden, so I ran a sleep study in the command prompt to try and diagnose the problem. In this sleep study report, it shows that after closing the lid, my laptop only stays in hibernate for around 20 seconds then becomes active again. The apps that take most of the battery are "Microsoft.LockApp_10.0.18362.449_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy [saira]" and "Unknown [NONE]". I have run sfc and dism scans which show no errors. Event Viewer doesn't show any device waking the computer from its hibernation. The laptop is about a week old. The only thing I can think of is that the laptop lid might not be closing properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

sairaaj, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Choose what closing the lid does

Hello!

I have two monitors connected to my Surface Laptop and I have "Do Nothing" selected for all settings, however when I close the lid on my surface laptop the screens hibernate.

Any suggestions on how to fix this so the screens stay awake?

Eilidh Gillies, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Laptop only stays in hibernate for around 20 seconds when lid is closed, then becomes...

Laptop not sleeping when lid is closed and plugged in

Thank you for your help

Unfortunately this has not helped but I have made some interesting observations for the past 2 weeks

My laptop still has this problem in both sleeping and hibernating

It won't sleep or hibernate fully when I press the buttons in the start menu which forces me to hard shut down my laptop

But closing the lid with a small amount of force allows the laptop to sleep

And when I boot it up in safe mode closing the lid hibernates the laptop

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance

Ju Yeol Youn, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Laptop only stays in hibernate for around 20 seconds when lid is closed, then becomes...

1. Laptop only stays in hibernate for around 20 seconds when lid is closed, then becomes... - Similar Threads - Laptop stays hibernate

2. Laptop shuts down / hibernates after a few hours of the lid staying closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down / hibernates after a few hours of the lid staying closed: I'm experiencing this issue on two Lenovo laptops running Windows 11; one is running on 23H2 22631.3007.When I close the lid, the laptop behaves as expected. The screen turns off, and the laptop enters sleep mode, with the power button light flashing slowly to indicate that....
  3. Laptop shuts down / hibernates after a few hours of the lid staying closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down / hibernates after a few hours of the lid staying closed: I'm experiencing this issue on two Lenovo laptops running Windows 11; one is running on 23H2 22631.3007.When I close the lid, the laptop behaves as expected. The screen turns off, and the laptop enters sleep mode, with the power button light flashing slowly to indicate that....
  4. Apps closing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps closing when laptop lid is closed: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface and all my open apps force close when the laptop lid has been closed overnight. I've checked all previous solutions posted on this site and nothing works. Very Annoying, can someone help resolve asap? ? It really shouldn't be this...
  5. Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid

Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid: About a week ago my laptop had a change or hard drive. When I got it back, the screen went blank after being put on sleep mode, but I still could see and use the mouse. I rolled back the display driver and now it won’t project image through hdmi, and whenever I put it on...
  6. Laptop sleeps/hibernate when lid closes, even when settings is "do nothing"

Laptop sleeps/hibernate when lid closes, even when settings is "do nothing": My Lenovo E580, Windows 10. Last couple of months a problem. When the lid closes the laptop goes into sleep/hibernate and refuses to wake up. I need to put it off to work again. My power plan is set to "never" - for monitor also and the settings are to "do nothing"...
  7. Close Lid Laptop Hibernates

Close Lid Laptop Hibernates: Hi! I have followed the Advanced Power Settings threads and chose "Do Nothing" when I close the lid. That's not working! When I close the lid, the laptop hibernates and all the monitors go to sleep - it says no power connection! Please help!...
  8. After an update, when I close my laptop lid, it stays on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After an update, when I close my laptop lid, it stays on?: I had an update maybe a week or two ago, and since then my laptop stays on when I close the lid instead of hibernating. I've looked at all of the settings (the ones I know about at least) and everything is correct but still the laptop does not sleep when the lid is closed....
  9. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...
  10. Lock laptop when lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock laptop when lid is closed: Hello, Please add to Windows 10 the option to "lock on lid close". Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-laptop-when-lid-is-closed/c9798949-35f4-46f1-afeb-fbf7b2be39c1"