Windows 10: Laptop Opening lid function

Discus and support Laptop Opening lid function in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi every1 I would like to know whether there is an option by which I can switch on the laptop by just opening the lid without having to press the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VaibhavPramod, May 21, 2020.

1. Laptop Opening lid function

Hi every1

I would like to know whether there is an option by which I can switch on the laptop by just opening the lid without having to press the power button.

Thank you

:)

VaibhavPramod, May 21, 2020

2. "Lid Open" function

Thanks for your reply. After reading several blogs, I have come to realize the feature I am looking for
    can't be associated with Windows. The computer is not even on at this point. I had misread/misinterpreted Windows options for "lid open". The power-on when lid opens function to which I am referring is associated
    with a laptop's BIOS. Not all computers have this feature. If it is available it must be setup in the BIOS settings (for example pressing F2 during preliminary boot-up) before Windows even boots.

My computer has this feature. I have now discovered my computer battery is going bad and is causing my laptop to completely skip BIOS SETUP. This is also affecting my audio input/output (mic & headphone) operation. Unfortunately these problems exist even
    when plugged into a power supply (but this is a completely different subject matter). New battery is on order. Will be able to "re"-set "lid open - power on" feature shortly.

Other Windows options associated with my laptop's lid still function properly.

Thanks again!!

TopDog1961, May 21, 2020
  3. "Lid Open" function

Was the "Lid Open" function (ie. - power on when lid opens) removed in Windows 10. Was a really nice feature of Windows 7 Ultimate.

TopDog1961, May 21, 2020
  4. airdog99 Win User

Laptop Opening lid function

"Lid Open" function

By saying "Lid Open" I believe TopDog1961 is talking about waking up from sleep or hibernate mode. Unfortunately this seems to be broken for many people who upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8 across many different laptop/PC manufacturers.
    Definitely something broken with Windows 10.

I am experiencing the same problems with my Dell XPS 17.

airdog99, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Opening lid function

1. Laptop Opening lid function - Similar Threads - Laptop Opening lid

2. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  3. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  4. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turn of system on opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn of system on opening laptop lid: I want my laptop to turn of when I open the lid.I checked the settings and everything seems to be enabled already. Power options = enabled, regedit = enabled.Yet the laptop does not turn on, I have to press the power button to start the system.I have a MSI Raider GE76.Windows...
  6. Turn of system on opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn of system on opening laptop lid: I want my laptop to turn of when I open the lid.I checked the settings and everything seems to be enabled already. Power options = enabled, regedit = enabled.Yet the laptop does not turn on, I have to press the power button to start the system.I have a MSI Raider GE76.Windows...
  7. Close lid functions malfunction

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Close lid functions malfunction: I have a HP 2018 Elitebook 840 G1 14 inch and I've tired multiple times to set up the close lid function so i can close the lid and still have my windows open on another screen. But no matter what i do or change it still goes straight to shut down after i close it. How can...
  8. Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop: Hello, For my MSI Stealth laptop, I've had the power settings set for quite some time to hibernate when the lid closes, and it has always in the past 'woken up' automatically when the lid is opened. In the past few weeks however, this doesn't happen anymore, and the laptop...
  9. Opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening laptop lid: Hi Its somthing weird happening my laptop When i open the lid of my laptop more than 90 deg it shuts down It wont happen anything if i open it less than 90 deg I even reinstalled windows but its still not working Email me if u want to see its video: *** Email address is...
  10. Projector settings open with laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projector settings open with laptop lid: So I'm having a weird issue, when I closed my laptop lid in Windows 7 and re-opened it the screen would go black for a second and reset my cursor to the center of the screen. Weird issue that I couldn't find a fix for. Well I just upgraded to Windows 10, now when I close and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can we start laptop with lid open?