Windows 10: Laptop opens app randomly on its own

Discus and support Laptop opens app randomly on its own in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One of my kids laptop started to open apps on its own randomly like crazy. This happened less that a week after I performed a laptop reset. Checking my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EmadBisada, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Laptop opens app randomly on its own

One of my kids laptop started to open apps on its own randomly like crazy. This happened less that a week after I performed a laptop reset. Checking my updates, I found that 5 Microsoft updates were installed today. Prior to resetting this laptop, and starting mid November 2020, the laptop started to take 15 min to reboot, the camera started not to work, then the touch mouse started not to work. This was associated with some Microsoft updates. Before resetting, I scanned my laptop and it was clean. It is to be noted that I am seeing that reboot slowness in my family 3 laptops, starting mid November. Slowness continued even though I minimized the number of startup apps. I will just remove updates and configure Windows to look for updates on a monthly basis.

:)

EmadBisada, Dec 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Laptop opens app randomly on its own :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 3, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Laptop opens app randomly on its own

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Yep, I see the same.

I tried adding Paint to Open With for txt. That also appeared in the More Options list.

I suspect it's to do with what the programs are registered to handle. The Open With list is constructed form a number of sources e.g. at least these:

Laptop opens app randomly on its own [​IMG]

The first of those corresponds to Snip & Sketch (simply search and find refs to the Appx string)

dalchina, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Laptop opens app randomly on its own

1. Laptop opens app randomly on its own - Similar Threads - Laptop opens app

2. opening calculator on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opening calculator on its own: HiI had Win 10 and 2-3 weeks ago Windows shutdown on its own or open the calculator or open Microsoft EdgeFirst I reset Windows but it didn't work, then I reinstalled Windows, it still didn't work, then I upgraded it to win 11, and I still have this problem. Does anyone know...
  3. opening calculator on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    opening calculator on its own: HiI had Win 10 and 2-3 weeks ago Windows shutdown on its own or open the calculator or open Microsoft EdgeFirst I reset Windows but it didn't work, then I reinstalled Windows, it still didn't work, then I upgraded it to win 11, and I still have this problem. Does anyone know...
  4. PC reboots on its own at random.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC reboots on its own at random.: This problem did not happen the first for me as it was a persistant problem for about 2 months and stopped for about one month after an update which I cannot really remember which update it was. However now this problem has returned and is happening way more frequently. So...
  5. Laptop reboots on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop reboots on its own: I'm using a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10. It goes to sleep when I close the laptop. Occasionally but not consistently it will not wake up properly, and it requires a reboot to use it. I am unsure where to look to correct this situation. Any ideas? John...
  6. Computer Reboots randomly on its own

Computer Reboots randomly on its own: The System Event Viewer says: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8023b7fd6b7, 0xfffff58ce809e3d8, 0xffffa280bdd63920. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  7. Default mail app keeps opening on its own

Default mail app keeps opening on its own: Default mail app keeps opening on its own EVENT LOG https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtoPcPRkZOqtggTqmVj_Cm58_MJT?e=vQIeBO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-mail-app-keeps-opening-on-its-own/9c8a58e4-9d2a-47e6-9b9e-a8a87ecac000
  8. Default mail app keeps opening on its own

Default mail app keeps opening on its own: Default mail app keeps opening on its own The default mail app keeps opening on its randomly and minimises whatever is on the screen. It happens when the app not running in the background too. I have disabled all start up apps and it still occurs. I removed the mail app...
  9. Default mail app keeps opening on its own

Default mail app keeps opening on its own: The default mail app keeps opening on its randomly and minimises whatever is on the screen. It happens when the app not running in the background too. I have disabled all start up apps and it still occurs. I removed the mail app with windows powershell and now chrome opens...
  10. Things opening on its own

Things opening on its own: Hi Guys! I am very disturbed by a strange problem which has started just a few days back. The things on my display are opening on it's own and it doesn't stop after one instance. I have disabled the touchpad and there's no external mouse connected. But still things on the...