Windows 10: Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop

Discus and support Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Something went wrong with my Windows 7. I will figure it out in due time. But for now, I just want to copy and paste the appropriate Outlook files from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hey there MSSW, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop

Something went wrong with my Windows 7. I will figure it out in due time. But for now, I just want to copy and paste the appropriate Outlook files from my Windows 7 to my Windows 10 computer.

In Windows 10, I already created a non-email Outlook user profile with the pst file but this came from an April 26, 2020 Outlook back-up data. I know I have more current Outlook data. This Outlook user profile in Windows 10 is totally brand new.

So the questions are:

1. What are the files and from which directory path do I copy the Outlook files from Windows 7 and to which directory path in Windows 10 do I copy them to?

2. Do I need to create a second Outlook user profile in Windows 10 that has exactly the same Outlook user name in Windows 7? Or it does not matter that they have the same Outlook user name but I still need to create a second Outlook profile to load the latest files to be copied from Windows 7?

Because once I am able to get the latest, I can go ahead and delete the first Outlook user profile created in Windows 10 that has the April 26, 2020 Outlook back-up data.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Hey there MSSW, Jul 13, 2020

2. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Munki Win User
    GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jul 13, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop

n-ster, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop

1. Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop - Similar Threads - Laptop Outlook Transfer

2. Advice transferring old Laptop Data to new Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advice transferring old Laptop Data to new Laptop.: Hello,I have just got a new Laptop with Windows 11, and I want to connect it to my old Laptop that has Windows 10, and basically drag and drop the C+D Drives from the old into the C Drive of the new.Will that mess anything up because they are different versions of...
  3. Advice transferring old Laptop Data to new Laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advice transferring old Laptop Data to new Laptop.: Hello,I have just got a new Laptop with Windows 11, and I want to connect it to my old Laptop that has Windows 10, and basically drag and drop the C+D Drives from the old into the C Drive of the new.Will that mess anything up because they are different versions of...
  4. Transferring installation from old laptop to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring installation from old laptop to new laptop.: I wanted to transfer OS from old laptop to new laptop in a virtual hard drive dual booting. The reason to do this is that I had some old legacy programs that I still use but would be unable to reinstall as no longer available. Old laptop was AMD 10. New one I7 with optane...
  5. Transfer photos from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer photos from old laptop to new laptop: I have over 7000 photos in file explorer on my old Toshiba laptop - What is the simplest way to copy these files to my new laptop - Both operate Windows 10 - Any advice gratefully received. ***Modified title from: COPY PHOTOS FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER***...
  6. Data transfer to new laptop

Data transfer to new laptop: Hello, What is the best way to transfer data from an old HP Win 10 laptop to new HP Win 10 laptop? Old laptop: 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive ~450GB used, Win 10 Home 64 New laptop: 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive + 256GB M.2 SSD, Win 10 Home 64 Plus I assume the OS will be loaded on...
  7. Transferring application to new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring application to new laptop: Case #: 1487872524 I have purchased a new laptop which I intend to use while traveling. I am trying to transfer an old MS application, "Streets and Trips", which I use for directions. This application is no longer supported, but is still useful for me. I transferred the...
  8. Transfer old laptop to new

Transfer old laptop to new: Can someone please let me know how to transfer as much as possible from my old Windows 10 laptop to a new one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-old-laptop-to-new/5fc63d8d-751c-446a-aad5-5f587e816202
  9. Transfer SSD to new laptop

Transfer SSD to new laptop: My laptop is on its last legs and needs replacing. But it has a good SSD with Windows 10 and lots of data on it which I want to keep. Can I buy a new laptop with no HDD or OS and transfer my existing SSD complete with OS straight into it? Am I allowed to transfer my existing...
  10. new laptop transfer files

new laptop transfer files: I have a new laptop and want to get everything off the old one and onto the new one. I tried to find a USB transfer cored but had no luck and now I am sitting here wasting valuable time when I need to be working. Someone know what I should be doing here?...