Windows 10: Laptop overheating, fan doesn't turn on until unplug charger

Discus and support Laptop overheating, fan doesn't turn on until unplug charger in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm having a strange issue, and it seems that there is another well-documented issue of the opposite problem to mine: My Lenovo Thinkpad P15v when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by J Casto, Oct 26, 2023.

1. J Casto Win User

Laptop overheating, fan doesn't turn on until unplug charger

I'm having a strange issue, and it seems that there is another well-documented issue of the opposite problem to mine: My Lenovo Thinkpad P15v when plugged in will start to get very very hot like almost burning to the touch!, but the fan does not come on. As soon as I unplug the charger, the fan starts blasting and cools off the laptop. Why is this? I've checked minimum and maximum processor state, and they seem to be normal. Any insight?

:)

J Casto, Oct 26, 2023

2. Laptop won't charge after unplugging, charger is fine.

Windows 10 HOME - 19041.450

Laptop : HP 250 G5 W4M71EA
    BIOS VER F.45
    BIOS VENDOR Insyde

Charger works fine.
    Indicators show white light when turned on and orange when turned off and battery is plugged in.

Resetting BIOS settings to default makes the charger work fine until I plug it out.
    After unplugging and plugging it back in it does not charge.

What can be the cause?

- - - Updated - - -

When closing and opening the lid laptop is detecting the charger properly but upon re plugging it's not working again.
    The issue is that the laptop doesn't detect it's being charged while being turned on.

bobfrominternet, Oct 26, 2023
  3. Screen turning black when plug or unplug charger

Hi people, I got this problem with my MSI Katana Gf66, I'm using Windows 11 btw, I don't know why, but my laptop screen keeps turning black when I am plug and unplug my charger, it's new laptop, just been using it for 1 week, all driver were updated, bios also updated, been trying all suggestion out there, using CMD, reinstalled my graphics driver, turning battery mode, anything, I've been trying anything to solve this, but none work, also my screen refresh late keep changing automatically when I plug or unplug AC charger, but it's still flickering,sorry for my English

Akbar Pratama, Oct 26, 2023
  4. Megahertz Win User

Is it Wise to unplug Laptops Charger cable when not using that system?

I always turn the surge protector switch to off.
    Nothing will hold a lighting surge, even if the discharge happened very far away.

Yes, if not in use, unplug Laptop Charger cable.

Megahertz, Oct 26, 2023
Thema:

1. Laptop overheating, fan doesn't turn on until unplug charger - Similar Threads - Laptop overheating fan

2. Laptop overheating, fan doesn't turn on until unplug charger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop overheating, fan doesn't turn on until unplug charger: I'm having a strange issue, and it seems that there is another well-documented issue of the opposite problem to mine: My Lenovo Thinkpad P15v when plugged in will start to get very very hot like almost burning to the touch!, but the fan does not come on. As soon as I unplug...
  3. Screen turning black when plug or unplug charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turning black when plug or unplug charger: Hi people, I got this problem with my MSI Katana Gf66, I'm using Windows 11 btw, I don't know why, but my laptop screen keeps turning black when I am plug and unplug my charger, it's new laptop, just been using it for 1 week, all driver were updated, bios also updated, been...
  4. Screen turning black when plug or unplug charger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen turning black when plug or unplug charger: Hi people, I got this problem with my MSI Katana Gf66, I'm using Windows 11 btw, I don't know why, but my laptop screen keeps turning black when I am plug and unplug my charger, it's new laptop, just been using it for 1 week, all driver were updated, bios also updated, been...
  5. Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger: I am using HP Elite-Book 840 G3 with the latest version of windows 10 20H2 Once I was using my laptop on battery power. It suddenly turned off. I thought the battery might be low, but when I connected it to charger, I surprised that the battery is 85% charged. I noticed...
  6. Charger Overheating and Leaking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Charger Overheating and Leaking: I plugged my charger but then after a few seconds my laptop stopped charging. This was my mother's house. There was something weird about the electricity. The lights were flickering and the inverter was making weird noises. I then later checked the laptop adapter (the box...
  7. BSOD when unplugging laptop charger (iastorAC.sys)

BSOD when unplugging laptop charger (iastorAC.sys): Hi Guys, I have been facing this situation for the past four months ever since there was a recent updated pushed out by Microsoft. The windows 10 version 2004 has caused me so much grief since it was updated; the slow boot time, the sluggishness. But apart from that, I have...
  8. Fan noisy and overheating - HP laptop with Win 10

Fan noisy and overheating - HP laptop with Win 10: Hello everyone. My laptop is an HP Pavilion DV6-6C65EL with Win 10 and, if there was something I could not stand about this PC, it was the noise of the fan. I'm gonna explain it... I use it mainly for watching videos on YT, movies on Netflix or, especially in this period,...
  9. Laptop turns off automatically. Not overheating.

Laptop turns off automatically. Not overheating.: Hi, I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 laptop with 4gb of RAM, Intel i3-5005u@2.00 GHz processor, and 1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100 5400 RPM HDD. For a few days, I am experiencing something unusual. It turns off automatically even when idle without overheating. I contact the laptop's...
  10. Laptop overheating, fan running on very low RPM

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop overheating, fan running on very low RPM: Hello! I had installed windows 10 from betas and i have never reached 80 celsius on my laptop. i am measuring my temperatures with speedfan and also tried with hardwaremonitor but the same readings. my laptop fan is running on very low RPM if it is even running, i...