Windows 10: Laptop own power cable not recognized

Discus and support Laptop own power cable not recognized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, my laptop stopped recognizing its own power cable - the screen is dimmed and laptop is on power saver! When I unplug the cable and plug it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rezog, Jul 23, 2017.

1. rezog Win User

Laptop own power cable not recognized

Hello,

my laptop stopped recognizing its own power cable - the screen is dimmed and laptop is on power saver! When I unplug the cable and plug it again it seems to work at first, the screen lights up but it's only for a few seconds - it gives me runtime error notification (the one like you get when unplugging power cable) and the screen dims down. It's interesting that same laptop works normally with other laptop's power cable. I got some bugs with Windows 10 creator's update?

Thanks for any clues!

Rezo

:)

rezog, Jul 23, 2017

2. Navon N490P

I have a Navon N490P navigation device for automobiles. My device is not recognized by Windows ( USB connection ). I have no card for the card holder on my laptop ( HP2000) . The only other cable I have is a power cable for my car.

What can be done so that my navi can be recognized by Windows?

Louie F.Davis, Jul 23, 2017
  3. BKXC Win User
    External monitor not recognized at power up or waking from sleep

I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 laptop that does not recognize the presence of an external monitor unless I disconnect/reconnect the cable between the laptop and the monitor. Yoga 720 has USB-C port for external monitor. I use a Lenovo USB-C/HDMI adapter + HDMI
    cable to external monitor. The laptop will not recognize the presence of an external monitor after power up or after waking up from sleep. The monitor status screen reports it is not receiving any signal. Problem occurs with HP and Philips external monitors.
    After disconnecting/reconnecting the HDMI cable, the laptop recognizes the presence of the external monitor and automatically switches to dual monitor operation. Windows 10 + drivers are all up to date.

4. Eagle51 Win User

Does the other laptop work with the bad power cable? If not, then your power adapter/cable went bad.

Eagle51, Jul 23, 2017
  5. rezog Win User
    I haven't tried because the jack is different size, too thick. When laptop is turned off, the "bad" power cable does power original laptop - I see the led light gives the right sign. However, when I turn on the laptop, I do get the runtime error and dimmed screen as if I disconnected the power cable. I must say the problem isn't persisting any more, meaning, if I unplug the cable and plug it back a few times, the laptop works normally for longer periods. Thanks!

rezog, Jul 24, 2017
  6. rezog Win User
    Just an update on the situation and why I think it might have been a driver problem instead of the cable - the cable did charge laptop normally when the latter was turned off, so cable was in a working condition, the only time laptop found problem with cable was when laptop was "awake", so it gave me runtime errors and dimmed screen.

Also the issue resolved somehow, I just unplugged and plugged the cable a few times, with less and less runtime errors and dimming screens so it's back to working now and functions normally. Hopefully it will not come back. Might have been a driver problem that was resolved through either windows update or internet somehow - as opposed to a physical problem with charger pin or something. Thanks for your earlier replies!

rezog, Jul 24, 2017
  7. rezog Win User
    I was quick to celebrate, runtime error and dimming screen again! One other observation is that when power cable is plugged in, all three lights, battery charging, cable and power buttons, are blinking in a synchronous way.

rezog, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop own power cable not recognized - Similar Threads - Laptop own power

2. Laptop recognizing its own monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop recognizing its own monitor: Hello, my laptop recently stopped recognizing its own screen as a monitor. The only way to use it is to plug it into a secondary external monitor via an hdmi cord. I checked an ensured that the drivers were up to date and tried booting it in safe mode to no avail. So, I'm...
  3. Laptop recognizing its own monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop recognizing its own monitor: Hello, my laptop recently stopped recognizing its own screen as a monitor. The only way to use it is to plug it into a secondary external monitor via an hdmi cord. I checked an ensured that the drivers were up to date and tried booting it in safe mode to no avail. So, I'm...
  4. Lan cable is not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lan cable is not recognized: I have a problem with my internet. I see that I have not plugged in a LAN cable, although I plugged one in. I've already tried to reinstall the network adapter and the driver. It did not work. What should I do?...
  5. Windows 10 laptop wont recognize HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 laptop wont recognize HDMI cable: When I plug it in nothing happens. Any idea why and how to fix this? Ive tried it with another Win 10 laptop and it works normally. submitted by /u/stonded [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kidcbk/windows_10_laptop_wont_recognize_hdmi_cable/
  6. My Laptop Powers off on its own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Powers off on its own.: My laptop appears to be powering off on it's own. I will try to load up something and it will run for a good 10-15 minutes then all of a sudden it will just shut off. Please help me fix this issue so I dont have to buy another one....
  7. ethernet cable not recognized?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ethernet cable not recognized?: i just got back from a trip and when i turned my pc on (i didn’t take it with me on the trip) it won’t connect to the internet. i’ve been wired for well over a year and never really had an issue and nobody had powered on my pc or touched it while i was gone so i’m confused as...
  8. Laptop does not recognize own IP address

Laptop does not recognize own IP address: Hi, When I type in the run box \\computername, the system then brings up the shared files on this laptop. but when I put \\ipaddress (taken from ipconfig display), I get the network message, Windows cannot access \\ipaddress. What am I doing wrong? This is a brand new...
  9. Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable: Hi, my computer's internet has been fine but when I turned my computer on today, it had no internet. When I told it to troubleshoot issues it said no ethernet cable was plugged in or that it was broken. I have not made any changes or updates recently so this is out of the...
  10. power cable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power cable: When I plugged in my power cable, I checked the battery life. it said plugged in, not charging. how can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cable/cd7d06a9-e687-4776-bc22-5050ade24765