Windows 10: Laptop pauses every one second

Discus and support Laptop pauses every one second in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just finished instal on 2nd laptop yesterday. There is a pause every second that is shown by the mouse pointer displaying the revolving circle.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Oldnavy, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Oldnavy Win User

Laptop pauses every one second

Just finished instal on 2nd laptop yesterday. There is a pause every second that is shown by the mouse pointer displaying the revolving circle. Everything appears to be working although task manager is jerky.

any ideas on this pls...

:)

Oldnavy, Sep 14, 2015
  2. AnonKB1 Win User

Typing & Selections keep jumping/cutting out!

Since I installed the new windows version, it keeps pausing when I am in the middle of something. e.g. while typing, every couple of seconds my laptop seems to stop responding and missing some of the letters.

If I am looking at a selection menu, it closes every few seconds too and it also stops me scrolling.

It has been frustrating trying to write this post! It seems like the screen is refreshing every couple of seconds or something and when it does there is a pause in whatever I am doing where my laptop stops responding.

AnonKB1, Sep 14, 2015
  3. Music pausing randomly on 820?

"but now the songs have an extremely random aggrevating pause in the songs."

I'd be interested to hear if that's the same problem I found with my 520, where it kept putting little pauses into the music about once per minute. In fact when I checked it was
    exactly every 66 seconds with one SD card and every 64 seconds with another card.

That problem stopped after I switched from using AAC files to MP3s.

Martin 520, Sep 14, 2015
  4. ram1220 Win User

Maybe the system is downloading updates? I have seen this on two systems that I installed Win 10 on. Both stopped this activity after Win 10 updated and asked for a reboot.

ram1220, Sep 14, 2015
  5. Oldnavy Win User
    Thanks all,
    turned out to be HP fingerprint software...

Oldnavy, Sep 15, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    What was the problem with the fingerprint software and how did you solve the issue please. (To help others with the same problem in the future) *Smile

WhyMe, Sep 15, 2015
  7. Oldnavy Win User
    The HP Simplepass.exe was continually creating new threads then deleting them but for about 6.
    disabling and stopping had no effect.
    As i don't use the fingerprint option, i uninstalled Simplepass and all stable....

Oldnavy, Sep 15, 2015
  8. Laptop pauses every one second

There are LOTS of posts on the HP Support forum about Simplepass NOT working with Win10. Don't know if HP is working on an update for Win10 or not. There were similar complaints about HP Support Assistant NOT working with Win10, but HP's put out an upgraded version that now does.

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop pauses every one second - Similar Threads - Laptop pauses every

2. Videos pause every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos pause every few seconds.: Videos pause every few seconds. I have tried everything suggested. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-pause-every-few-seconds/118c5074-1863-4037-9b7a-908fc8661dbd
  3. Videos pause every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos pause every few seconds.: Videos pause every few seconds. I have tried everything suggested. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-pause-every-few-seconds/118c5074-1863-4037-9b7a-908fc8661dbd
  4. Videos pause every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Online videos pause every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online videos pause every few seconds: Why do my Online videos pause every few seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-videos-pause-every-few-seconds/0d6a4de9-fa7b-4362-b6b6-20a26cd5857b
  6. Online videos pause every few seconds

Online videos pause every few seconds: Why do my Online videos pause every few seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-videos-pause-every-few-seconds/0d6a4de9-fa7b-4362-b6b6-20a26cd5857b
  7. Online videos pause every few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Video pausing every 3-5 seconds

Video pausing every 3-5 seconds: Hey!I've had my Lenovo Thinkpad L15 for about a year or so, and in the past couple of days I have had problems with streaming videos. Every 3-5 seconds it pauses without me touching anything. Sometimes it restarts without me touching it either. This is the case no matter what...
  9. Experiencing slight pause every four seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Experiencing slight pause every four seconds: For many weeks, whenever I play audio files (e.g., MP3s, using the Groove Music app) or video files (e.g., MP4, using the Movies & TV app), I notice a very slight pause about every four seconds; the pause is accompanied by a barely audible buzzing noise. I'm guessing the...
  10. Experiencing slight pause every four seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Experiencing slight pause every four seconds: For many weeks, whenever I play audio files (e.g., MP3s, using the Groove Music app) or video files (e.g., MP4, using the Movies & TV app), I notice a very slight pause about every four seconds; the pause is accompanied by a barely audible buzzing noise. I'm guessing the...