Windows 10: Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

Discus and support Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi; I'm having an issue with a HP laptop running Win 10 (Upgrade from Win 7 in 2017). I had the laptop in sleep mode. When I opened the lid, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by smiley_s, Sep 21, 2018.

1. smiley_s Win User

Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

Hi; I'm having an issue with a HP laptop running Win 10 (Upgrade from Win 7 in 2017).

I had the laptop in sleep mode. When I opened the lid, I expected the laptop to power on.

The power light comes on, but I see nothing but a black screen. The fan is however running.

In addition, I'm not seeing the indicator light for the hard drive. I tried a forced power down, waited about a

minute, and then tried again. Nothing happened. Once again, the power light came on, but it is still showing

a black screen and no hard drive light.

When I originally put the laptop in sleep mode, it shut down normally, so I wasn't suspecting any issues.

I had the laptop in sleep mode for several hours, and not connected to AC power, only using the battery.

There was no new software downloaded to the laptop recently, the only recent change that I can think of

was an UI update to my anti-virus software (McAfee).

Could the issue be in some way related either to the UI update, or the hard drive?

Any suggestions to what may be causing these issues would be very helpful.

Thanks.

:)

smiley_s, Sep 21, 2018

2. Toshiba laptop stuck in sleep mode

Last night I put my laptop in sleep mode,now it won't come out no matter what I do. I push and hold power button but u can hear it booting but then it goes back to sleep. .any suggestions would be great. .thx

MochaRana16, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

winodws 10 -- laptop will not come out of sleep mode

Hello James,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums.

As per description, you are facing issue with the sleep mode.

I would suggest you to follow methods given below and check

Method 1:

Run Power Troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run power troubleshooter which will tell you if there is something wrong with the power settings.

Follow these steps to run power troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + X key and Select Control Panel
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View All on the top left corner.
    • Run Power troubleshooter.

If issue still persists try method 2.

Method 2:

Follow these steps check the Power Options settings. You can set them to default and check.

a. Press Windows key + X

b. Select Power Options.

c. Check if the preferred plan is Balanced.

d. Click on Change when the computer sleeps and select
    Restore Default settings for this plan.

If issue didn’t get resolve try method 3.

Method 3: Create a power plan

• Press Windows key + X

• Select Power Options.

• Click where it says "Create a power plan" in the area on the left side of the Power options window.

• Select a power plan to start with such as
      "Balanced" or "High performance" and then click "Next."

• Select a number of minutes you want both the display and the computer sleep mode, and then click "Create."

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

1. Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Laptop Coming Sleep

2. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  3. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  4. Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode: Hi Team, I am facing strange issue with my Windows. When ever I close the lid, the laptop goes into sleep mode but when I open the lid instead of coming out of the sleep mode, the laptop shuts down. This happens only when the charger is not connected i.e. the laptop is...
  5. My laptop won't come out of sleep mode.

My laptop won't come out of sleep mode.: I'm using my Lenovo Ideapad laptop and whenever I put it into sleep mode by closing the lid, from the power menu, etc. the screen would stay off. I try pressing different keys and using the trackpad but the screen stays off. Then I have to hold down the power button to shut...
  6. Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode: Hi all came home from work , opened laptop hit space bar and was faced with the dreaded stop screen happened so fast did not even get a chance to see it. not sure maybe this could be due to a firmware update on my crucial ssd there trying to fix the overtemp error crap with...
  7. Laptop wont come out from sleep mode in windows 10

Laptop wont come out from sleep mode in windows 10: Hi there, this problem started to have recently and i did not update anything expect the graphic cards. So when i put my laptop on sleep mode from directly clicking on power button or going start - sleep. when i try to wake it up by moving my mouse or mousepad or keyboard...
  8. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to come out of Sleep mode: Running a Dell XPS 15, (L502X). Upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro yesterday. Played around a bit with the new OS and then went off to other things. Laptop went into sleep mode after 15 minutes as it always has. But this time I couldn't wake it up. Required me to power off the unit,...
  9. Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?: Win10 1703 Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode only Very intermittent ..Tried another monitor same problem The Icons and Folders flash and If I can lucky on a reboot all is ok If not the only things I can see are the text part of the Icons , shortcuts and Folders...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc is not coming out from sleep mode

2. pc not comming out of sleep

3. pc not coming out of sleep mode