Windows 10: Laptop performance degraded after May 19 Update

Discus and support Laptop performance degraded after May 19 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I updated my laptop to Windows 10 v1903 a week ago. After that, the performance of my system slowly started to degrade, browsers would lag, video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dhruv.Verma, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Laptop performance degraded after May 19 Update

I updated my laptop to Windows 10 v1903 a week ago. After that, the performance of my system slowly started to degrade, browsers would lag, video players lag almost every 30 seconds or so, windows explorer is also slow. Yesterday, I installed a clean copy of Windows 10 v1809 (because the problems started after the v1903 update and it was running very well on the v1809) on my laptop, installed all the drivers, and updated the windows to latest and I still suffer from the same performance issues. I also ran a Windows Performance Recorder and the result of that test is uploaded to OneDrive and here's the link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag5mTctbb9iIhld7HS7-Ru2Lcs8W?e=nJYSga

The specs of my laptop are:

Core i5 - 8250U

NVIDIA Geforce MX150 (2 GB)

8 GB RAM

1 TB HDD

:)

Dhruv.Verma, Jun 8, 2019

2. Degraded graphics performance post update

Following the most recent bout of updates to Windows 10 (The one that changed the start menu, among other things) i've been noticing severely degraded performance from my graphics card.

Whereas i used to be able to achieve a decent FPS in virtual worlds (Circa 30-40), i'm now experiencing below 5FPS. Graphics drivers are up to date, so it can't be that.

The only change in the last 24 hours has been windows updates itself.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated

PhilMarron, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Radio Switch Device Error Code 19

Hi Kara,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused, and appreciate the steps you have taken so far to fix this issue.

The error code 19 describes that, Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.

Recommended resolution

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver.
    • Revert to the most recent successful registry configuration.
    Before we could reset the computer to factory settings, I suggest you to refer to the below article and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested for error code 19.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-19

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are happy to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 8, 2019
  4. pranav19 Win User

Laptop performance degraded after May 19 Update

GPS performance degraded ol of a sudden.

It's not even a month when i got lumia 920, its gps isn't able to catch direction as it used to when it's new, its performance degraded ol of a sudden since 2 days, wat can be the reason, please suggest as GPS is very important for me.

pranav19, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Laptop performance degraded after May 19 Update

1. Laptop performance degraded after May 19 Update - Similar Threads - Laptop performance degraded

2. PC performance degraded seemingly after Windows Update reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC performance degraded seemingly after Windows Update reboot: Hello, I am not new to computers per se, but am pretty new to troubleshooting issues seemingly caused by Windows Updates.On the night to the 23rd of June, making it two nights ago, my laptop was automatically rebooted.I noticed this when I awoke the next day to use it and it...
  3. Windows 10 Degraded Performance with 20H2 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Degraded Performance with 20H2 update.: Please Help! My windows 10 display looks blurry and its very slow now and the disk usage is always at 100% but just yesterday it was working fine with no issues. I just turned it on this morning and I don't know what to do anymore I've tried a reset but that doesn't work it...
  4. Cortana Issue following May 19 Update on MSI laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Issue following May 19 Update on MSI laptop: Hi all, Having a Cortana issue following the May 19 update. Symptoms 1. Does not respond to "hey cortana" 2. Clicking cortana icon shows cortana as listening for around 3 seconds then times out. does not accept voice commands at this point. 3. Pressing Win+C, popup appears...
  5. Cortana Issue following May 19 Update on MSI laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Issue following May 19 Update on MSI laptop: Hi all, Having a Cortana issue following the May 19 update. Symptoms 1. Does not respond to "hey cortana" 2. Clicking cortana icon shows cortana as listening for around 3 seconds then times out. does not accept voice commands at this point. 3. Pressing Win+C, popup appears...
  6. Laptop performance degraded after Windows 10 v1903 Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop performance degraded after Windows 10 v1903 Update: I updated my laptop to Windows 10 v1903 a week ago. After that, the performance of my system slowly started to degrade, browsers would lag, video players would lag quite a lot, windows explorer is also slow. Yesterday, I installed a clean copy of Windows 10 v1809 (because the...
  7. Canon Printer Not Responding after May 19 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Canon Printer Not Responding after May 19 Update: I applied the May 2019 Windows Update to my PC yesterday and this morning my Canon IP7200 printer refused to print anything. Jobs just stuck in the print queue and any attempt to ascertain the printer status came back ‘printer not responding’. I tried re-installing the...
  8. May 19 Update and Modems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    May 19 Update and Modems: I read somewhere that there may be a problem with older modems in the 1903 update. I think it had to do with the network settings WEP/WPA/WPS or something like that but am not sure. Does this ring a bell with anyone? If so, could you direct me to an article that discusses...
  9. Windows 10 Performance Degradation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Performance Degradation: Hi, My PC is now 5 years old and its performance has been gradually degrading over the last few months until it is almost unusable. I am trying to determine if this is just because of its age, whether it's a hardware problem, a problem with Windows, or with some third-party...
  10. Startup performance degradation...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup performance degradation...: There's an app on my system that causes startup performance degradation: [img] The file name in the event viewer is "Devic" and in details tab, the folder name displayed as "C:\Devic". This performance degradation does not happen every day and presumably, during the other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. performance deeply degraded after recent windows 10 updates