Windows 10: Laptop performance degraded after Windows 10 v1903 Update

Discus and support Laptop performance degraded after Windows 10 v1903 Update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I updated my laptop to Windows 10 v1903 a week ago. After that, the performance of my system slowly started to degrade, browsers would lag, video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by theCodeFather, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Laptop performance degraded after Windows 10 v1903 Update

I updated my laptop to Windows 10 v1903 a week ago. After that, the performance of my system slowly started to degrade, browsers would lag, video players would lag quite a lot, windows explorer is also slow. Yesterday, I installed a clean copy of Windows 10 v1809 (because the problems started after the v1903 update and it was running very well on the v1809) on my laptop, installed all the drivers, and updated the windows to latest and I still suffer from the same performance issues. I also ran a Windows Performance Recorder and the result of that test is uploaded to OneDrive and here's the link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag5mTctbb9iIhld7HS7-Ru2Lcs8W?e=nJYSga

The specs of my laptop are:
    Core i5 - 8250U
    NVIDIA Geforce MX150 (2 GB)
    8 GB RAM
    1 TB HDD

:)

theCodeFather, Jun 8, 2019

2. problem updating to Windows 10 v1903

Hello,

I recommend you to upgrade to V1903 via ISO file.

Refer this step-by-step guide:

[GUIDE] How To Upgrade To Windows 10 Using ISO File

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Degraded graphics performance post update

Following the most recent bout of updates to Windows 10 (The one that changed the start menu, among other things) i've been noticing severely degraded performance from my graphics card.

Whereas i used to be able to achieve a decent FPS in virtual worlds (Circa 30-40), i'm now experiencing below 5FPS. Graphics drivers are up to date, so it can't be that.

The only change in the last 24 hours has been windows updates itself.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated

PhilMarron, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Laptop performance degraded after Windows 10 v1903 Update

Upgrading to Windows 10 v1903 from v1809

Hi all,

I got my new Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 laptop which i got Windows 10 v1803 pre-installed. Out of curiosity i updated my windows forcefully to v1903 and lost my WiFi connectivity. I tried rolling back drivers and all the troubleshooting steps from various sites
    and it didn't help me.

On checking known issues for Windows 10 v1903 there is a issue with previous generation Qualcomm WiFi network cards. (Link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903 )

I reinstalled my Windows 10 and downgraded to v1809 and everything works fine. From today
    (29th May 2019) i started getting a notification in my windows update page that my PC is ready to upgrade to v1903.

Laptop performance degraded after Windows 10 v1903 Update 0c10afc3-fa46-4b52-87d5-9c32e93d7e19?upload=true.jpg

Should i go ahead and take the risk of updating or should i wait for more days before i get this updated?.

Hardware Details:

Network Card: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_003E&SUBSYS_080711AD

Any suggestions / solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sankar R

ramsankar0206, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Laptop performance degraded after Windows 10 v1903 Update

1. Laptop performance degraded after Windows 10 v1903 Update - Similar Threads - Laptop performance degraded

2. Enormous degradation in Windows Explorer performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enormous degradation in Windows Explorer performance: Hello,I ran into big problems when performing the simplest operation that worked just fine 20 years ago.I wanted just to find .pdf files in folders/subfolders of a particular folder. For that I just taped .pdf in search field.Althought it contained quite a lot of folders, it...
  3. Enormous degradation in Windows Explorer performance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enormous degradation in Windows Explorer performance: Hello,I ran into big problems when performing the simplest operation that worked just fine 20 years ago.I wanted just to find .pdf files in folders/subfolders of a particular folder. For that I just taped .pdf in search field.Althought it contained quite a lot of folders, it...
  4. PC performance degraded seemingly after Windows Update reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC performance degraded seemingly after Windows Update reboot: Hello, I am not new to computers per se, but am pretty new to troubleshooting issues seemingly caused by Windows Updates.On the night to the 23rd of June, making it two nights ago, my laptop was automatically rebooted.I noticed this when I awoke the next day to use it and it...
  5. Windows 10 Degraded Performance with 20H2 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Degraded Performance with 20H2 update.: Please Help! My windows 10 display looks blurry and its very slow now and the disk usage is always at 100% but just yesterday it was working fine with no issues. I just turned it on this morning and I don't know what to do anymore I've tried a reset but that doesn't work it...
  6. Degraded PC Performance - Windows 10

Degraded PC Performance - Windows 10: My Dell desktop PC w/ Windows 10 has runs slower and slower, until I have to reboot. The reboot is required at least once per day. This never used to be the case. It began happening about a month ago. I checked the memory w/ the Windows memory analyzer, which showed...
  7. System.Diagnostics.StackFrame performance degrade in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    System.Diagnostics.StackFrame performance degrade in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If after you upgrade to Windows 10 or .NET Framework 4.7.1, and you notice a significant decrease in performance when you run .NET Framework applications that use the System.Diagnostics.StackFrame class, then this post might interest you. We will look at...
  8. Laptop performance degraded after May 19 Update

Laptop performance degraded after May 19 Update: I updated my laptop to Windows 10 v1903 a week ago. After that, the performance of my system slowly started to degrade, browsers would lag, video players lag almost every 30 seconds or so, windows explorer is also slow. Yesterday, I installed a clean copy of Windows 10 v1809...
  9. Windows 10 Performance Degradation

Windows 10 Performance Degradation: Hi, My PC is now 5 years old and its performance has been gradually degrading over the last few months until it is almost unusable. I am trying to determine if this is just because of its age, whether it's a hardware problem, a problem with Windows, or with some third-party...
  10. Startup performance degradation...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup performance degradation...: There's an app on my system that causes startup performance degradation: [img] The file name in the event viewer is "Devic" and in details tab, the folder name displayed as "C:\Devic". This performance degradation does not happen every day and presumably, during the other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows degrades after a few months starts buffering windows