Windows 10: Laptop performance worse than before/Fan louder

Discus and support Laptop performance worse than before/Fan louder in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 about a week ago, and performance was fine. Then later on performance got worse. I notice lag in Firefox here and there and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by m0nstaLulz, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Laptop performance worse than before/Fan louder

I upgraded to Windows 10 about a week ago, and performance was fine. Then later on performance got worse. I notice lag in Firefox here and there and when typing sometimes (even right now). I usually just have Firefox, Steam and Skype open. Now the fan is louder than usual. I'm even using a cooling pad.

I ran a virus scan with Trend Micro Maximum (my main virus protection), Malawarebytes (and the MB Rootkit Killer), and SpyBot. Trend Micro caught one thing which it removed. The other stuff didn't find anything.

Anyone know what to do?

:)

m0nstaLulz, Aug 11, 2015

2. Issues continuing after Windows 10 upgrade

To update the last post, my laptop's fan is louder and hotter than ever after going back to a normal boot.

BahamutAXIOM, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Computer

Is it just running all the time, or is it now much louder when it is running?

It is running louder, that suggests a bearing wearing out. Fans are relatively cheap, US$10-20 for desktop computers, more expensive for laptops.

Rohn007, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Hushify Win User

Laptop performance worse than before/Fan louder

Can you show us what Task manager is showing? If any programs are hogging up memory you can shut them down if that helps.

Hushify, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Laptop performance worse than before/Fan louder [​IMG]

m0nstaLulz, Aug 11, 2015
  6. Hushify Win User
    Lowering World of Warcraft's quality may help, Or shutting it down completely when not in use. You are only getting 43% CPU filled and I can play Arma 2 OA on a 1.9 GHZ I3 laptop processor so, It could possibly be the processor not getting a device update others have been mentioning graphics cards not having updates yet with low frame rate.

Graphic Cards - Windows 10 Forums Maybe you need a device update check out with forum to see if anything there may help you

Hushify, Aug 11, 2015
  7. I actually just started started up WoW like 10 min ago and hadn't played it in months. I'm pretty sure my graphics cards are up to date, but I'll check.

m0nstaLulz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Laptop performance worse than before/Fan louder

1. Laptop performance worse than before/Fan louder - Similar Threads - Laptop performance worse

2. My laptop fan is suddenly louder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop fan is suddenly louder.: The temperature is stable and no processes in the background all the drivers are up to date i also tried uninstalling the last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-fan-is-suddenly-louder/5166ea91-27b5-4de7-a614-57c98775ff1d
  3. My laptop fan is suddenly louder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop fan is suddenly louder.: The temperature is stable and no processes in the background all the drivers are up to date i also tried uninstalling the last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-fan-is-suddenly-louder/5166ea91-27b5-4de7-a614-57c98775ff1d
  4. My laptop fan is suddenly louder.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. laptop performance getting worse everyday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop performance getting worse everyday: my laptop performance is getting worse every day, a few weeks ago i could run most games at 100-150 fps, but now i can barely consistently keep up with 40 fps, i tried chkdsk, sfc, performed clean boot, updated graphics and chipset drivers, but it's still getting worse, my...
  6. laptop performance getting worse everyday

laptop performance getting worse everyday: my laptop performance is getting worse every day, a few weeks ago i could run most games at 100-150 fps, but now i can barely consistently keep up with 40 fps, i tried chkdsk, sfc, performed clean boot, updated graphics and chipset drivers, but it's still getting worse, my...
  7. I reset my Asus Windows 10 Laptop and it's worse than before , need help

I reset my Asus Windows 10 Laptop and it's worse than before , need help: . I factory reset it , now sometimes apps don't open , i can't even shut it off with the start menu , my files take a million years to load , I can barely use the settings app , having to wait really long to get through . If anyone has like , anything that i can download to...
  8. The right earbud is sometimes louder than the left on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The right earbud is sometimes louder than the left on my laptop.: I have Windows 10 on a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga370. My left earbud will randomly become lower than my right sometimes. They will do this even though they're balanced. I know it's not the earbuds because I've tried different ones and it's not the plug either because I tried a USB...
  9. The right earbud is sometimes louder than the left on my laptop.

The right earbud is sometimes louder than the left on my laptop.: I have Windows 10 on a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga370. My left earbud will randomly become lower than my right sometimes. They will do this even though they're balanced. I know it's not the earbuds because I've tried different ones and it's not the plug either because I tried a USB...
  10. Worse than expected gaming performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Worse than expected gaming performance: Hey. Less than a month ago I was updating my graphics drivers. That time was a little weird though, my screens kept flashing more times than usual, they usually only flicker 2-3 times and then stop, but they flickered like 8 times then I got a windows popup saying some...