Windows 10: Laptop pointer too sensitive

Discus and support Laptop pointer too sensitive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The pointer on my Asus laptop suddenly became overly sensitive today. I changed the setting to the lowest sensitivity, but the pointer is still way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eddie Reed Big Band, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Laptop pointer too sensitive

The pointer on my Asus laptop suddenly became overly sensitive today. I changed the setting to the lowest sensitivity, but the pointer is still way too sensitive. I makes unselected windows come up constantly. Running Windows 10. Is there a fix for this ? Help will be much appreciated. THANKS !

:)

Eddie Reed Big Band, Oct 13, 2018
  2. 4huskers Win User

Sensitive pointer

When using the touchpad the pointer seems to be overly sensitive. I can pass the pointer over a link or page arrow in Edge and it will open or change the page quite often. It doesn't seem to do it when I use the wireless mouse I've this laptop a short time and still trying to figure everything out; is there a way to lower the sensitivity?

4huskers, Oct 14, 2018
  3. pepanee Win User
    Sensitive pointer

Search for, and open, this on your computer.
    Try messing around with the pointer speed. Change the slider, press Apply, then move the mouse around.

Laptop pointer too sensitive [​IMG]

pepanee, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Laptop pointer too sensitive

touchpad sensitivity

Hi Joobster,

When you mean Touchpad sensitivity, are you referring to the pointer speed of your touchpad? Or are you referring to the touch/pressure sensitivity of your touchpad whenever to press your fingers on your touchpad?

If you are referring to the pointer speed, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type "main.cpl" and hit enter.
    • Click Pointer Options.
    • Under Motion, select the pointer speed you wanted for your touchpad.

Laptop pointer too sensitive 6db33049-088d-4c1e-b711-ac1ccd87be71.png

Regarding the Touch/pressure sensitivity, then you will need to contact your PC manufacturer to assist you on installing the right drivers for your touchpad.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Laptop pointer too sensitive

1. Laptop pointer too sensitive - Similar Threads - Laptop pointer too

2. Laptop pointer highs up sensitivity then stops, then turns normal, then repeats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop pointer highs up sensitivity then stops, then turns normal, then repeats: My laptop's pointer increased sensitivity all of a sudden then does not respond to the touchpad, then turns normal, then repeats. What should I do to avoid this?...
  3. Touchpad sensitivity too high

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad sensitivity too high: Even after setting touchpad sensitivity to low (the minimum), the touchpad is still too sensitive and will often click while moving the cursor or just click completely by itself. Any way to fix this? I'm running Windows version 2004 and I have an HP laptop, just in case it's...
  4. Touchpad still too sensitive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad still too sensitive: Is there a way of reducing my touchpad sensitivity beyond the limits of the Win10 setting? I have it as the lowest, but still the mouse reacts before my finger actually hits any target....
  5. Touchpad too sensitive . . .

Touchpad too sensitive . . .: I have an Asus laptop, purchased new in September 2019, W10, Firefox, auto-updates all on, has the latest touchpad driver. Win version 1909. An overly-sensitive touchpad has been a problem since new, and also was on my previous laptop, an HP. Yes, it's set on the...
  6. Pen too sensitive

Pen too sensitive: Hi, Recently my pen on my Lenovo Yoga 530 has become really sensitive and picks up the pen and starts writing before it hits the surface of the laptop. It never used to do this, only recently but makes it almost impossible to write with. Do you have any tips/ideas on how...
  7. my controller is too sensitive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my controller is too sensitive: i am using my white xbox one controller (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1000_.jpg) on my laptop which has windows 10 build 1809 and i connected the controller to the laptop by using a usb wire the problem is the left thumbstick is too sensitive and it is...
  8. my microphone is too sensitive

my microphone is too sensitive: every time i talk to my friends they dont hear me because i talk quietly but they hear the noise of the microphone or air or whatever i wanted to change it too be quieter but every time i do that my friends cant hear me anymore...
  9. Sensitive pointer

Sensitive pointer: When using the touchpad the pointer seems to be overly sensitive. I can pass the pointer over a link or page arrow in Edge and it will open or change the page quite often. It doesn't seem to do it when I use the wireless mouse I've this laptop a short time and still trying to...
  10. Touchpad Sensitivity too sensitive in Web Browsers

Touchpad Sensitivity too sensitive in Web Browsers: How can I make my touchpad less sensitive while using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and IE 11? For example, when I am typing something, the zoom size of the webpage is constantly changing. I have set it to Long Delay in Settings, but that didn't seem to help. Are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. over sensitive laptop pointer