Windows 10: Laptop power indicator keeps staying off even when laptop is on

Discus and support Laptop power indicator keeps staying off even when laptop is on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i have a NEC VersaPro VX-F business laptop running windows 7. Its refurbished but i havent used it that much.[IMG] I upgraded it to Windows 10 due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TastyButterfly, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Laptop power indicator keeps staying off even when laptop is on

So i have a NEC VersaPro VX-F business laptop running windows 7. Its refurbished but i havent used it that much.Laptop power indicator keeps staying off even when laptop is on [​IMG]
    I upgraded it to Windows 10 due to end of support around a month ago and it was fine until a few days ago I noticed that the power indicator keeps staying off even after booting into Windows. The laptop is working normally, though. Another thing worth mentioning is that i turned on Hyper-V shortly before this all happened and i think when i turned off the VMs it messed with the indicator or maybe it was because all the freezes and hard resets i have to deal with using a virtual machine on a mediocre laptop.
    I dont think its the problem with the LED itself as other LEDs have been working fine.

Im hoping someone can give me a solution. Thanks. Laptop power indicator keeps staying off even when laptop is on ;)

:)

TastyButterfly, Nov 8, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 8, 2019
  3. ajaye Win User
    laptop's ac power keeps turning off

Hi,

My laptop's battery is no good so I always use the laptop on ac power. It was working fine last night but today it keeps shutting down after a minute or so. I've just noticed the battery icon will start off showing the power plug next to it but then the plug disappears... if I disconnect the power lead and reinsert it, I will get the plug showing again but only momentarily.

Wondering what my first steps should be... is it possible it's a setting or software problem rather than the power unit/cord itself?

(am using trusty old--if loud--laptop at the moment)

thanks in advance.

ajaye, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Crucian74 Win User

Laptop power indicator keeps staying off even when laptop is on

W10 laptop stays powered up

I have an Alienware 17 R3 laptop that will shutdown but stays powered on. I can only power down by holding down the power button.

Crucian74, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Laptop power indicator keeps staying off even when laptop is on

1. Laptop power indicator keeps staying off even when laptop is on - Similar Threads - Laptop power indicator

2. Laptop powering on and off by itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop powering on and off by itself?: Recently, my laptop has developed a rather irritating issue where it will not power on, power off, or sleep properly. The list of symptoms are as follows:If the laptop is powered off while plugged in, it will not boot properly while still plugged in. It will run the BIOS and...
  3. Laptop powers off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop powers off: Windows Version 20H2 Problem: Whenever I try to sign out of my user account, restart the computer or shut it down things that require an user sign out the laptop completely powers off without a blue screen crash or an error code. In the event logger the only things it...
  4. How To Keep Laptop In Sleep (Without Powering Off)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Keep Laptop In Sleep (Without Powering Off)?: To save desk space, I bought a vertical laptop stand. I now want to leave the laptop in sleep overnight. The problem is it shuts down at some point. In Power Settings, I changed Power & Sleep - Screen - When Plugged In, Turn Off After to "Never." It still shuts down, though....
  5. Laptop still turns off even when advanced power settings are set to never turn off.

Laptop still turns off even when advanced power settings are set to never turn off.: Laptop still turns off even when advanced power settings are set to never turn off on any setting un plugged or plugged in but it still does and I cant leave my computer for more than 2 minutes without it turning off witch leaves me stuck trying to download something that...
  6. Laptop fails to hibernate, display shuts off, power button stays on

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop fails to hibernate, display shuts off, power button stays on: Laptop: MSI GT73RE Titan (Windows 10 Pro x64 1909) GeForce GTX 1070 As of recently (last week) will not go in to hibernate. After a restart, it usually will the first time or two. But after that, the screen will shut off, the power and GPU buttonswill still be lit, and the...
  7. Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source

Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source: Recently my HP Notebook will not charge above 0%. It turns on when plugged in to power source but instantly turns off when disconnected from the charger. Any information regarding this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!...
  8. laptop's ac power keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop's ac power keeps turning off: Hi, My laptop's battery is no good so I always use the laptop on ac power. It was working fine last night but today it keeps shutting down after a minute or so. I've just noticed the battery icon will start off showing the power plug next to it but then the plug...
  9. Laptop does not power off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop does not power off: My HP Envy 15 Laptop does not power off when shut down command is given. I am running on Windows 10 Home Edition. Is there a way to fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-does-not-power-off/e2296a11-746d-4651-8e88-e937362ffd4b
  10. "Power Off" monitor on a laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Power Off" monitor on a laptop?: I was asked if the "power off monitor" after a designated time option is available on a laptop like it is for a desktop. I don't have a laptop to try so I need assistance on this. Jack 84361