Windows 10: Laptop Power Issues

Discus and support Laptop Power Issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I had this problem where my Aspire E5 576G's battery didn't hold up so I took the battery out and used the original AC Power to power the laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LUM1.1, Dec 8, 2022.

1. LUM1.1 Win User

Laptop Power Issues

So I had this problem where my Aspire E5 576G's battery didn't hold up so I took the battery out and used the original AC Power to power the laptop, and when i started to play games like Valorant the laptop shut down. Is this because my laptop doesn't get enough power and I need to get a higher watt AC Power or is the AC Power I'm currently using faulty?

:)

LUM1.1, Dec 8, 2022

2. power issue

Hello,

Most of the time, this issue is caused by external devices that are possibly keeping the PC active which then results in the screen/display not turning off even after you've set the power settings. Try disconnecting any external devices, usually gaming devices,
    and check if the issue persists.

We also suggest running the Power troubleshooter to automatically troubleshoot any power issue. Just follow the steps below:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and then type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Dec 8, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 power issue

Hi Adithyaram,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Laptop Power Issues

probldems with power

Hi,

Your concern about your laptop turning off completely when placed on sleep mode may indicate a possible improper power plan configuration. As an initial step to rule out any power settings issues, we suggest that you reset the settings to default. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• Type cmd in the search box.
    • Right clickCommand Prompt from the list, and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type or copy and paste the command below:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Wait for the command to finish and restart the device if prompted.

Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Darwin Dim, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

Laptop Power Issues

1. Laptop Power Issues - Similar Threads - Laptop Power Issues

2. Laptop Power Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Power Issues: So I had this problem where my Aspire E5 576G's battery didn't hold up so I took the battery out and used the original AC Power to power the laptop, and when i started to play games like Valorant the laptop shut down. Is this because my laptop doesn't get enough power and I...
  3. Laptop Power Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Power Issues: So I had this problem where my Aspire E5 576G's battery didn't hold up so I took the battery out and used the original AC Power to power the laptop, and when i started to play games like Valorant the laptop shut down. Is this because my laptop doesn't get enough power and I...
  4. Power On Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power On Issue: When turning on the laptop, "Enter Administrator Password or Power On Password" displays, but I don't have one. How do I get in system to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-on-issue/bb01e644-a02b-48c3-bfb3-ee37f951151b
  5. Power On Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power On Issue: When turning on the laptop, "Enter Administrator Password or Power On Password" displays, but I don't have one. How do I get in system to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-on-issue/bb01e644-a02b-48c3-bfb3-ee37f951151b
  6. Power Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Issues: For some reason I am unable to shut down or reset my computer through the power options menu. All that it tells me, is that there are no power options available, how can I fix this?...
  7. laptop crashing daily - Kernel Power Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop crashing daily - Kernel Power Issue: I saw this same question asked in the community but it was closed for further discussion and wasn't fully resolved. Some kind soul indicated the minidump files would help to figure out the problem so I have that at the end link to OneDrive as that post recommended. This is...
  8. power issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    power issue: I am working using two monitors. The issue’s shown up recently. I think it is something connected with power. If I unplug the monitor, the other one turns off and I cannot wake it up. I should plug in my first monitor and then it starts working....
  9. Power on issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power on issue: When I go to turn on the computer, the symbol for DELL appears, but nothing further happens. I then turn the computer off with the button on the side. I then wait several minutes and try to power on with the side button as usual … again the DELL appears but shortly afterward,...
  10. Powering On Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powering On Issue: I have a issue where when I boot up my laptop it'll get past the Windows logo and then just freeze up. Occasionally a mouse cursor will appear, but it won't move. Then when I force it to shut down and boot it back up again, everything works fine and I can get into Windows....