Windows 10: laptop power out during windows update

Discus and support laptop power out during windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My friend has his laptop power out during windows update since that laptop didn't load windows. his laptop is only booting up but windows will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sahan oshan, Dec 25, 2019.

1. laptop power out during windows update

My friend has his laptop power out during windows update since that laptop didn't load windows.

his laptop is only booting up but windows will not load.

so what are the solutions available for this kind of situation?

:)

sahan oshan, Dec 25, 2019

2. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

laptop power out during windows update pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 25, 2019
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Akihiko Win User

laptop power out during windows update

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

Thanks for the response, but the issue is not the battery or the laptop. It was charging and working fine prior to this most recent Windows 10 update.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say. When the charger is plugged in, it just says "plugged in", but my battery has been at 2% for the past several hours. Obviously the charger is doing something since it's holding the 2% power, but it's not charging. There has to be some day to bypass whatever this update broke.

Akihiko, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

laptop power out during windows update

1. laptop power out during windows update - Similar Threads - laptop power during

2. PC lost power during update:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC lost power during update:: Hello, I was updating my pc but during the update a somebody else came and shut it down without realising this would cause major issues. Im trying to update again, but the pc is now very slow and if after reinstalling the update it is still slow, is there a way to fix the...
  3. Laptop powered off during a Windows 10 update and now won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop powered off during a Windows 10 update and now won't boot: Hi, Unfortunately my laptop installed with Windows 10 powered off during an update. When I turn on my laptop the screen backlight turns on but stays blank and nothing happens. I can go into the BIOS and also run tests on the Memory, Hardrive and other peripherals and...
  4. Restoring Lenovo laptop after power outage during windows update.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Lenovo laptop after power outage during windows update.: Hello all, really hoping you can help me with this. And if I have put this thread in the incorrect forum, please feel free to move it! Yesterday, I began the process of installing Xbox windows beta on my Laptop (Lenovo G500 Model Name 20236), the update informed me as part...
  5. Power out during Windows Update

Power out during Windows Update: During an update overnight, we had a power outage at home, when attempting to start up my PC again, I am stuck in a loop of: Install Windows Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attemot to resume configuration, restart the computer. I tried a fix of...
  6. I lost power on my laptop during windows 10 update

I lost power on my laptop during windows 10 update: Hi there, I recently saw a windows update for windows ten available for my laptop. (acer aspire s7) (please not that I had windows ten already installed, but the trial version) I decided that I would update it, but little did I know that my computer was on low power and I...
  7. Power went out during October 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power went out during October 10 update: My power went out during an update yesterday, and now my wifes computer won't completely boot up into Windows. It will get into the logon screen, but after entering the password, it starts loading Windows, then goes mostly black with the hourglass blinking on and off every...
  8. Power failure during update installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Power failure during update installation: Restarting my PC to install update 1703, it got about 60% through the process, when - aaaargh - power failure!. The outage only lasted a few seconds, but the damage was done. Restart appeared successful, and everything seems to work, but the "update" screen in "settings"...
  9. Power Failure During Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Power Failure During Update: This question has nagged me since my update to the Creator build on my Desktop. 1. What happens, if during the download of the update, the power fails? 2. Same for if it occurs while installing the update and the screen warns against turning off the computer? I have...
  10. Windows 10 power out during factory reset

Windows 10 power out during factory reset: So basically my computer has ceased to function on the latest windows 10 update, 100% disk usage is occurring at all times leaving the computer inoperable and I've found that reverting it to factory settings and not updating fixes that. Well the other night I clicked on...