Windows 10: Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It...

Discus and support Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It Still Turns-off Display or Goes Into Standby. Why do SO many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David_Ingalls_ESC, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It...

Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It Still Turns-off Display or Goes Into Standby. Why do SO many Windows 10 Updates precipitate NEW problems like this one - and recently LOSS User Accounts, Wireless Adaptor problems, shutdown hardware state problems and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

:)

David_Ingalls_ESC, Jan 21, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Jan 21, 2020
  3. power plan

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Try to run the following commands and check if it helps.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:
    WSReset.exe.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how
    long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting

• Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.

• Click on Power and follow the
      onscreen steps.
    Delete the current power plan and create it again. Refer to the following link to change the power plan to suit your needs.

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/power-plans-faq Refer to the section:
    How to create and delete a power plan

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It...

Power up Display is OFF

Hi Linda,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with Power up display of Windows 10.

Before proceeding further, I suggest you to provide the detailed description of the issue, so that we will be able to assist you in better way.

• What is make and model of your computer?

• Is your computer up to date?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the below method and check if it helps.

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1: Create a new power plan.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

• Press Windows key + R, type
      powercfg.cpl in the box and press Enter.

• Select current power pan and click on
      Choose when to turn off the display on the left pane.

• Select your favorite time to display the screen and click on
      Save changes.

• If that does not help, Click on the
      Advanced power plan settings and click on Display on the Window pop up. Expand
      Turn off display after and set as Never.
    Method 2: Update Display adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Display Adaptor”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Also you can download the latest updated display driver from the computer manufacturer website.

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    with Power up display of Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It...

1. Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It... - Similar Threads - Laptop Power Plan

2. display won't turn off according to power settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    display won't turn off according to power settings: External monitor doesn't follow power settings. Never turns off. This occurred after recent update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-wont-turn-off-according-to-power-settings/7954efb7-f242-4c62-9e7c-6c02b86f1557
  3. Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on

in Windows 10 Support
    Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on: Windows 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1110) I have a Dell Inspiron 7700 All-in-One computer. I have the power setting set to turn off display in 10 minutes and the put the computer to sleep set to never. After 10 minutes of no activity the screen turns off but then turns...
  4. Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.: Hey, I just own a new PC, and i cannot found the button of "Turn off Display"... I've read from here that I can go to here: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power" and edit the "CsEnabled" registry, but there is no "CsEnabled" registry there. What...
  5. Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings: Hello - When my laptop display turns off after the number of minutes set in "When plugged in, turn off after" the computer goes to sleep even though it's not set to do so. It does not seem to matter what value is set for "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after", the...
  6. Power plan settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power plan settings: Hello, i have a problem with adding high performance plan to my laptop Asus ZenBook 2020. As i don't see high or ultimate performance power plans nowhere in Power option panel, even under the arrow. I though i'd add one. First i went to the lower power option panel and...
  7. Laptop still turns off even when advanced power settings are set to never turn off.

Laptop still turns off even when advanced power settings are set to never turn off.: Laptop still turns off even when advanced power settings are set to never turn off on any setting un plugged or plugged in but it still does and I cant leave my computer for more than 2 minutes without it turning off witch leaves me stuck trying to download something that...
  8. Windows 10 Turn off Display Power Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Turn off Display Power Setting: I have an MSI laptop that I use for streaming, so I leave the computer on almost all the time. I want my monitors to turn off though after a period of inactivity. I have my power plan settings set to turn the monitors off after 15 minutes. When 15 minutes is up, the displays...
  9. Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work

Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work: We are trying to set up our windows 10 1803 clients so the screen does not turn off, or time out, or sleep so that our applications can stay live an active and we don't have to log back in again after a period of time. We have tried setting the Power & Sleep to Never and...
  10. Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never")

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never"): When plugged in, this Toshiba laptop goes into sleep mode at roughly two minutes of idle time. When plugged in, I have the power options set to "Never". This just recently began occurring. Any ideas? 57465