Windows 10: laptop powers off when mains cable is disconnected

Discus and support laptop powers off when mains cable is disconnected in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Fitted new battery tp HP G56 laptop and it is fully charged. However as soon as I disconnect the power supply, the laptop turns off. Anyone got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ErnieRobinson1, Jan 18, 2019.

1. laptop powers off when mains cable is disconnected

Fitted new battery tp HP G56 laptop and it is fully charged. However as soon as I disconnect the power supply, the laptop turns off. Anyone got a solution?

:)

ErnieRobinson1, Jan 18, 2019
  2. rezog Win User

Laptop own power cable not recognized

I haven't tried because the jack is different size, too thick. When laptop is turned off, the "bad" power cable does power original laptop - I see the led light gives the right sign. However, when I turn on the laptop, I do get the runtime error and dimmed screen as if I disconnected the power cable. I must say the problem isn't persisting any more, meaning, if I unplug the cable and plug it back a few times, the laptop works normally for longer periods. Thanks!

rezog, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Eagle51 Win User
    Laptop own power cable not recognized

Does the other laptop work with the bad power cable? If not, then your power adapter/cable went bad.

Eagle51, Jan 18, 2019
  4. laptop powers off when mains cable is disconnected

windows 10 battery plugged in not charging (acer v11 touch)

Hello,

We appreciate that you already performed troubleshooting. On the other hand, we will be providing steps that seems to be the same with what you have done but with tweaks.

If ever you encounter case wherein the laptop is plugged in but is not charging, we suggest that you try the following:

• Disconnect the laptop’s power cable from the outlet/power source and laptop.
    • Turn off the laptop.
    • Remove the battery.
    • Reconnect the laptop’s power cable to the laptop then to the outlet/power source.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • Uninstall device of Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Turn off the laptop and then disconnect the power cable.
    • Insert the battery.
    • Reconnect the power cable.
    • Power on the laptop. Windows would then reinstall driver automatically.

In case that the troubleshooting steps above didn’t help, our next step is update the driver if there is available update. You just have to go back to
    Device Manager > Batteries > Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery > Update Driver Software.

Let me know if this works for you.

JohnMel And, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

laptop powers off when mains cable is disconnected

1. laptop powers off when mains cable is disconnected - Similar Threads - laptop powers off

2. MY SECOND DISPLAY TURNS OFF WHEN I CONNECT THE LAPTOP POWER CABLE AND I ONLY REMAIN WITH...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY SECOND DISPLAY TURNS OFF WHEN I CONNECT THE LAPTOP POWER CABLE AND I ONLY REMAIN WITH...: I am using an HP Probook 470 G4. I usually use two displays with my HP monitor. But after changing the initial PC I had, which was a Dell machine, I have run into a problem. When I connect the laptop to the charging port, the second monitor gets disconnected and no longer...
  3. MY SECOND DISPLAY TURNS OFF WHEN I CONNECT THE LAPTOP POWER CABLE AND I ONLY REMAIN WITH...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY SECOND DISPLAY TURNS OFF WHEN I CONNECT THE LAPTOP POWER CABLE AND I ONLY REMAIN WITH...: I am using an HP Probook 470 G4. I usually use two displays with my HP monitor. But after changing the initial PC I had, which was a Dell machine, I have run into a problem. When I connect the laptop to the charging port, the second monitor gets disconnected and no longer...
  4. MY SECOND DISPLAY TURNS OFF WHEN I CONNECT THE LAPTOP POWER CABLE AND I ONLY REMAIN WITH...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 100% CPU when laptop screen off AND mains power

in Windows 10 Customization
    100% CPU when laptop screen off AND mains power: I have a Thinkpad x230 and just installed Windows 10 Pro 64. Every time my display turns off AND the power cable is plugged the CPU goes to 100%.I've looked in Resource Monitor and it's "NT Kernel & System" which is responsible.I've seen similar questions and people have been...
  6. Laptop powers off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop powers off: Windows Version 20H2 Problem: Whenever I try to sign out of my user account, restart the computer or shut it down things that require an user sign out the laptop completely powers off without a blue screen crash or an error code. In the event logger the only things it...
  7. WOL won't works without disconnecting cable power

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WOL won't works without disconnecting cable power: Hi everyone, I have an issue that i can't find the solution, when I make a shutdown in order to made a WOL, it won't works if i don't disconnect the cable power before. When I disconnect the power cable and reconnect it then WOL works perfectly. I compared the bios of...
  8. Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source: Recently my HP Notebook will not charge above 0%. It turns on when plugged in to power source but instantly turns off when disconnected from the charger. Any information regarding this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!...
  9. power cable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power cable: When I plugged in my power cable, I checked the battery life. it said plugged in, not charging. how can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cable/cd7d06a9-e687-4776-bc22-5050ade24765
  10. Laptop own power cable not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop own power cable not recognized: Hello, my laptop stopped recognizing its own power cable - the screen is dimmed and laptop is on power saver! When I unplug the cable and plug it again it seems to work at first, the screen lights up but it's only for a few seconds - it gives me runtime error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp port replicator 3005pr powers off when laptop is disconnected