Windows 10: Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source

Discus and support Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently my HP Notebook will not charge above 0%. It turns on when plugged in to power source but instantly turns off when disconnected from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CourtneyNorman, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source

Recently my HP Notebook will not charge above 0%. It turns on when plugged in to power source but instantly turns off when disconnected from the charger. Any information regarding this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!​

:)

CourtneyNorman, Jan 11, 2020

2. Windows won't boot up when unplug laptop power source

The problem is that, if i didn't unplug the power source from the laptop(ie : i just leave it connected to the power source) the laptop can boot just fine. The problem happens when i unplug the power source, and plug in back with the power source, the laptop
    will go black screen after the acer logo

AmuroHirai, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 error when my laptop plugged in power source

I have a problem using Windows 10. I upgrade for 8.1. When my laptop open an apps with mode plug in power source my laptop suddenly error and self restart. But if I use battery mode it not happen. Please help me how to fix it because I have important work
    and i don't have backup PC or Laptop.

AprihadiPerdana, Jan 11, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source

power problems

Please try ths following:

• If there is a switch on the wall socket the laptop is plugged into, check to make sure it is switched on
    • If there is a fuse in the plug of the power adapter, check it is working
    • If there is a light on the power adapter and it is on, try this:
    • Unplug the lead from your laptop
    • Remove the battery from your laptop
    • Press and hold the Power Button on your laptop for 60 seconds
    • Wait 5 minutes
    • Plug the lead back into your laptop and see if it powers up
    • If it powers up, put the battery back into the laptop and see if it is charging

If none of this works, the power lead might be faulty, bring it to someone who can put a meter on it to see if it is outputting 19V

DaveM121, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source

1. Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source - Similar Threads - Laptop powers off

2. Laptop cuts power when plugged out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cuts power when plugged out: Recently I updated Windows and have noticed that when I plug the cord out of my laptop it cuts power, not shut down. It does not seem to be a a battery issue because when my laptop is not plugged in, it will work just fine. Also when I plug it in, it will charge fine but as...
  3. Laptop cuts power when plugged out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cuts power when plugged out: Recently I updated Windows and have noticed that when I plug the cord out of my laptop it cuts power, not shut down. It does not seem to be a a battery issue because when my laptop is not plugged in, it will work just fine. Also when I plug it in, it will charge fine but as...
  4. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  5. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  6. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

7. Laptop crashes when I plug in the power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes when I plug in the power: Hello! Sometimes when i plug in the power after some time on battery, it gives me a bluescreen and i have to restart. What causes it and how i can resolve it.Here are the files needed for review: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgE_1SmcZjYKjAJitnvgom_Xdyv4?e=Q0CGMa...
  8. Laptop crashes when I plug in the power

Laptop crashes when I plug in the power: Hello! Sometimes when i plug in the power after some time on battery, it gives me a bluescreen and i have to restart. What causes it and how i can resolve it.Here are the files needed for review: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgE_1SmcZjYKjAJitnvgom_Xdyv4?e=Q0CGMa...
  9. Laptop crashes when I plug in the power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source: I have a Lenovo ideapad 130-15AST Laptop with Windows 10 it's brand new, well I bought it back in the Summer 2019 and rarely use it. However, I need it really bad now and I am using it as I type this question I'm not using my cell phone. So I used it last month and every time...