Windows 10: Laptop powers up with dim screen

Discus and support Laptop powers up with dim screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Post Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home upgrade on my Acer Laptop, everything went reasonably OK apart from having to resize the Reserved System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WightWalker, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Laptop powers up with dim screen

Post Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home upgrade on my Acer Laptop, everything went reasonably OK apart from having to resize the Reserved System Partition.

After a couple of days, the brightness of the screen at start up is really dim making it difficult to see or do anything. I initially thought that Windows had crashed & did CTRL/ALT/DEL to restart.

The only thing that I can to is hold down the Fn key & press Screen Brightness key which seems to work.

But, why should it do this after a couple of days.

Not aware of having made any changes to initiate this.

Would really like it to boot up at full brightness.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

:)

WightWalker, Aug 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 dims screen when it doesn't recognize a face

Alienware 15 R3 Laptop

Windows 10 Home

I have adaptive brightness turned off. The power plan is set to never dim the screen and, just in case, I set the screen dimming value to 100% brightness. However, any time that the built-in camera doesn't see a face for approximately 30
    seconds, the screen dims. I see no option to turn this "feature" off under power settings. I updated the drivers for NVIDIA and Intel. No change. I assume this is something built in to Windows Hello, but I'm really not sure.

MattMaitland, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off

"Here's the command with aliases instead of GUIDs:

POWERCFG /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_VIDEO VIDEODIM 0"

(reboot is required)

THIS WORKED.... I've been looking for weeks to find a cure for my laptop constantly screen dimming and no fix after i've disabled all screen dimming options/power options/bios options.

THANK YOU!

Steven Eastwood, Aug 4, 2015
  4. cameos Win User

Laptop powers up with dim screen

If you have "automatically adjust screen brightness" turned on, you may want to (temporarily) turn it off and manually adjust your screen brightness. The driver may need update for Windows 10.

cameos, Aug 4, 2015
  5. This morning the Laptop failed to start just reaching the Windows 10 Logo with rotating dots that stopped.

Tried everything to repair, start up options in Safe Mode - even reverting back to Windows 7 but no option other than to restore to a Macrium Image I fortunately made before the upgrade.

WightWalker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Laptop powers up with dim screen

1. Laptop powers up with dim screen - Similar Threads - Laptop powers dim

2. My laptops screen is dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptops screen is dim: After i reset the monitor drivers using win + shift + ctrl + b its back to normal and after 2 seconds it slowly turns dim again, the model is Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH05, gpu driver is up to date....
  3. My laptops screen is dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptops screen is dim: After i reset the monitor drivers using win + shift + ctrl + b its back to normal and after 2 seconds it slowly turns dim again, the model is Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH05, gpu driver is up to date....
  4. Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed: I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 old I know and as of a couple days ago only the laptop monitor is slightly dimmed in comparison to my external monitor connected. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating various drivers and even my BIOS yet nothing is making a difference....
  5. Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed: I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 old I know and as of a couple days ago only the laptop monitor is slightly dimmed in comparison to my external monitor connected. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating various drivers and even my BIOS yet nothing is making a difference....
  6. Laptop screen dims by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen dims by itself.: Since updating to 21H1, my laptop screens will dim very frequently on its own.This is very annoying since I do photo editing and have calibrated my display and have to reset the brightness every so often sometimes in the middle of an edit. How do I stop the dimming?Edition...
  7. Screen Dimming when Power is Disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Dimming when Power is Disconnected: Hello,I'm having this problem that when I unplug my laptop, the screen dims a bit. I've checked the brightness level and I'm sure it is set to high. I've even reinstalled windows and it still isn't working. The only solution I am able to get is to disable the Windows...
  8. laptop screen keeps dimming

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop screen keeps dimming: my screen gets darker when i have it display darker collers for like 30 seconds and when i go back to a white page it takes another 30 second to get a bit brighter again but for gaming it is realy annoying so i looked it up and it says that i have to turn my adaptive...
  9. Laptop screen dims on battery

Laptop screen dims on battery: Hello. This appears to be new behavior windows 1809 installed. I have a dell precision M6700. When the background is darkish the backlight light dims, when you open a browser window or something bright the brightness increases. This is not a quick action and as a result is...
  10. Laptop screen dims on battery

Laptop screen dims on battery: Hello. This appears to be new behavior windows 1809 installed. I have a dell precision M6700. When the background is darkish the backlight light dims, when you open a browser window or something bright the brightness increases. This is not a quick action and as a result is...