Windows 10: Laptop Preinstalled 8.1 upgraded to win10, need to reinstall os.

Discus and support Laptop Preinstalled 8.1 upgraded to win10, need to reinstall os. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I am trying to recycle a laptop to my nephew and wanted a clean/fresh install. It was originally a win8.1 then upgraded to win10. Ive tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TAISOM, Jul 1, 2020.

1. TAISOM Win User

Laptop Preinstalled 8.1 upgraded to win10, need to reinstall os.

Hello. I am trying to recycle a laptop to my nephew and wanted a clean/fresh install. It was originally a win8.1 then upgraded to win10. Ive tried unsucessfully to reinstall windows 10 using a flash drive created with the win10 tool. But I keep getting an error about corrupt install file. Tried 2 different usb drives and reinstalled the tool multiple times.

Do I have to install 8.1? Can I upgrade it to 10 if i do? I do not want to fumble around and end up invalidating my copy of windows.

:)

TAISOM, Jul 1, 2020

2. OS reinstall needed after upgrading CPU?

You didn't understand it at all... You think that SSE matters me most... I want to know the behavior of the OS if it really knows that it is a different CPU and energy saving, Speed Step, Core Boost features also work... as on Penryn not Merom... Bitwise the bitset flags for cpu are compatible... therefor they work...

Same could be also seen when upgrading to Bulldozer from older K10.5 gen, as it also introduces new instruction sets and features...

So again... I want a solid answer.

Yes - I've replaced CPU benched, after OS reinstall it benched faster and Battery lasted longer etc...

NO - OS reinstall isn't need, M$ are cool cats and their win 7 OS is aware of fundamental hardware changes.

Ferrum Master, Jul 1, 2020
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    OS reinstall needed after upgrading CPU?

There are no core boost features in either CPU, speedstep will work regardless as it's an underlying issue that is taken care of in the bios, look in CPU-Z does it tell you what instruction sets the CPU has? yes: good then you are set to go /thread.

NdMk2o1o, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Laptop Preinstalled 8.1 upgraded to win10, need to reinstall os.

How to get Activation Key on PreInstalled Win10 Laptop

I have a Lenevo , YOGA710 15IKB series laptop with preinstalled Win10 Home. I want to re-install the Win 10. I have following queries:

1. I don't have Activation Key( probably it already activated when I received the Laptop), so I need that. Where do I get it

2. Need an image of Win10 to reinstall in this laptop

Thanks in advance for the help Laptop Preinstalled 8.1 upgraded to win10, need to reinstall os. :)

AnupamRoyChowdhury, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Preinstalled 8.1 upgraded to win10, need to reinstall os.

1. Laptop Preinstalled 8.1 upgraded to win10, need to reinstall os. - Similar Threads - Laptop Preinstalled upgraded

2. New Laptops with no OS preinstalled - License Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptops with no OS preinstalled - License Question: Hello,We already have Enterprise Licenses for Windows 10 in our organization, we deploy Windows either manually or via SCCM.Legal wise, is there a problem buying laptops with no OS then installing latest version of windows then applying our Enterprise license to it?Or must we...
  3. New Laptops with no OS preinstalled - License Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptops with no OS preinstalled - License Question: Hello,We already have Enterprise Licenses for Windows 10 in our organization, we deploy Windows either manually or via SCCM.Legal wise, is there a problem buying laptops with no OS then installing latest version of windows then applying our Enterprise license to it?Or must we...
  4. New Laptops with no OS preinstalled - License Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Re-install Win10 one year after upgrading to Win11 on a laptop that was preinstalled with Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-install Win10 one year after upgrading to Win11 on a laptop that was preinstalled with Win10: I'm writing this post from my laptop running Win11. Two years ago I bought it with Win10 preinstalled. One year ago I upgraded it to Win11. Now I want to go back to Win 10 again.I think I'll just do a clean Win10 install. But before that, I want to make sure I won't run into...
  6. Re-install Win10 one year after upgrading to Win11 on a laptop that was preinstalled with Win10

Re-install Win10 one year after upgrading to Win11 on a laptop that was preinstalled with Win10: I'm writing this post from my laptop running Win11. Two years ago I bought it with Win10 preinstalled. One year ago I upgraded it to Win11. Now I want to go back to Win 10 again.I think I'll just do a clean Win10 install. But before that, I want to make sure I won't run into...
  7. how install to laptop with "preinstalled OS license"?

how install to laptop with "preinstalled OS license"?: SDK0J40697 WINSSD has been wiped. bought on ebay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-install-to-laptop-with-preinstalled-os-license/39baa497-96dc-4fed-b7c6-ffceb02b5457
  8. how install to laptop with "preinstalled OS license"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how install to laptop with "preinstalled OS license"?: SDK0J40697 WINSSD has been wiped. bought on ebay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-install-to-laptop-with-preinstalled-os-license/39baa497-96dc-4fed-b7c6-ffceb02b5457
  9. how install to laptop with "preinstalled OS license"?

10. Laptop with Windows 8 license and Win10 update: Reinstall Win10?

Laptop with Windows 8 license and Win10 update: Reinstall Win10?: I have a slightly older laptop that came with Windows 8.1 and has the license key for it "built in". I updated it for free when Windows 10 came out. Now I would like to format it and reinstall it because I want to sell it. The question is, can I just put Windows 10 on it now,...