Windows 10: Laptop pressing its own keys

Discus and support Laptop pressing its own keys in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently received a new laptop for school. When I use it, I usually just slam the lid down and shove it into my backpack. In the past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tarzanpapi, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Laptop pressing its own keys

Hello,

I've recently received a new laptop for school. When I use it, I usually just slam the lid down and shove it into my backpack. In the past few weeks, I've noticed that when I'd get home and open up my laptop, all the keys have been pressed and there's "mnmnmmnmnmnmnmnmnm" in random places. Just those two letters and in lower case.

This problem got so bad it messed up one of the main functions of Word 2016, which then I fixed by having it reimaged.

Now it's reoccurring again and again. "mnmnmnmnm." Why does this happen? Should I just turn it off before I put it in my backpack (which is a bit inconvenient)?

:)

tarzanpapi, Sep 4, 2019
  2. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Sep 4, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Laptop will not boot at all, not even from DVD

Hi, this is read from an HP forum, not ASUS- I've no idea if it applies.. but you can try it!
    Here are the steps:

1. Turn off the computer.
    2. Hold down the windows key + b and power on the laptop without letting go.
    3. Here's the magic: while holding down windows key + b, then press F2.
    4. The laptop will enter BIOS recovery mode, and you should be all set from there.

dalchina, Sep 4, 2019
  4. dhievm Win User

Laptop pressing its own keys

Booting without press any key

I use a toshiba laptop , at startup can not be readily loading into Windows 8 , so it has to press any key emerging loading . How to overcome in order to loading without press ?

dhievm, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Laptop pressing its own keys

1. Laptop pressing its own keys - Similar Threads - Laptop pressing own

2. Laptop reboots on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop reboots on its own: I'm using a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10. It goes to sleep when I close the laptop. Occasionally but not consistently it will not wake up properly, and it requires a reboot to use it. I am unsure where to look to correct this situation. Any ideas? John...
  3. Laptop shutsdown on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop shutsdown on its own: I dont know if this is the right place to ask for help but i got a Laptop which went off on its own a couple times , it was during a gaming session on League of legends just to be precise and right after i did the update that same dayit happened just in the early mornings...
  4. laptop keys are pressed automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop keys are pressed automatically: hi, i am using windows 10 version 2004 on hp laptop. recently i noticed that my ''END'' button is working itself. i tried uninstalling driver and restart but the problem didn't go away. plz someone help me fix this. thanks in advance...
  5. My Laptop Resested on its Own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Resested on its Own: My work laptop started to slow down yesterday's afternoon and completed frozed. I tried restarting the laptop and it never did, so I went home. Today, I turn on of the laptop and my account is no longer there, but it still asks me for the password. Once I logged, it...
  6. The 6 key keeps pressing on its own.

The 6 key keeps pressing on its own.: This started a few days ago, number 6 key appears as i type . I got no clue yet what is causing this . Its really frustrating. and i rarely even press that key. The key looks clean too . 157258
  7. The 6 key keeps pressing on its own.

in Windows 10 Support
    The 6 key keeps pressing on its own.: This started a few days ago, number 6 key appears as i type . I got no clue yet what is causing this . Its really frustrating. and i rarely even press that key. The key looks clean too . 157258
  8. Laptop shutting down on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down on its own: I use an ASUS laptop with AMD A8 4500M APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.9 GHz. It has 4 GB RAM. It is about 6yrs old. Last year it was getting overheated and switching off on its own. So I got it repaired and it is working fine. I have Malawarebytes Free Version 4.0.4.49. I have...
  9. Cursor Moves On Its Own on Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor Moves On Its Own on Surface Laptop: Hi, My Windows Surface Laptop is relatively new (a couple months old) but recently, I've noticed the cursor (I don't use a mouse) moving on its own to either only the top left or right corner of the screen before erratically jumping about in that same spot. So if I'm on...
  10. Key-Press on my laptop are being repeated on their own.

Key-Press on my laptop are being repeated on their own.: Hi there, I hope you are doing well. Before I talk about my issue I want to provide some context. I have got a brand new Haier y11c laptop. The issue with this laptop is that whenever I try to write something either in the login screen or in a text editor, it replicates each...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pressing on its own key on boot