Windows 10: Laptop PS/2 Keyboard and Touchpad not working

Discus and support Laptop PS/2 Keyboard and Touchpad not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A few days ago, while I was just surfing on firefox, I lost keyboard and touchpad functionality on my Lenovo Z575 Ideapad. Initially, I thought the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by acetylenegas, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Laptop PS/2 Keyboard and Touchpad not working

A few days ago, while I was just surfing on firefox, I lost keyboard and touchpad functionality on my Lenovo Z575 Ideapad. Initially, I thought the computer froze so I shut it down hard way. When I restarted the laptop, I still had no keyboard or touchpad functionailty.

I have tried many solutions I have seen online including:

1. Updating and uninstalling the relevant drivers in Device Manager
    2. Tried a system restore
    3. Did a system reset
    4. Opened up the laptop itself and took out and reattached the keyboard to the motherboard.
    5. Tried to see if it worked in safe mode

Strangely enough, the keyboard seems to work in the bios and occasionally I may be able to Fn+F2 black out screen or Fn+up adjust screen brightness on startup, but Both it and the touchpad do not work and my suspicions are that it is a software issue related to Windows 10 itself.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue like this and solved it. If so, please share. Thanks

P.S. Previously I was asked to include my nfo file for the laptop.

:)

acetylenegas, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Apr 27, 2020
  3. PS/2 keyboard not working

Question:- does a laptop keyboard use PS/2 interface or other?

My problem:- PS/2 desktop keyboard has stopped working; reseated PS/2 connection - same problem. The computer knows when keys are pressed because the speakers issue a click BUT characters aren't forthcoming.

WORKAROUND

Start the virtual keyboard and hey-presto - the physical keyboard springs into life (you can tell because the caps-lock light suddenly starts working.)

Really weird. The PS/2 mouse is fine. To cut our losses I'll try a USB keyboard tomorrow.

Computerabber, Apr 27, 2020
  4. krytoned Win User

Laptop PS/2 Keyboard and Touchpad not working

Laptop keyboard and touchpad randomly do not work

Ever since I've upgraded my dad's laptop to Windows 10, the keyboard and touchpad stop working randomly, and would work only after I restart the computer. (logging off, switch user, standby mode doesn't resolve it.)
    There is no pattern to it. Sometimes it would be ok for a few days, sometimes it would happen again after a few hours. I mostly do internet browsing on the laptop.

When the problem occurred:
    - The keyboard AND the touchpad would both stop working at the same time.
    - USB mouse still works. (I do not have an external keyboard to test)
    - The lights on the keys themselves (eg caps lock, wifi) would still remain on if they're activated but cannot be toggled on/off as usual.
    - The device manager still showed no problems with the mouse or keyboard.

Things I've tried:
    - sfc /scannow
    - disabled sticky keys
    - used the generic drivers for keyboard and touchpad
    - reinstalled the drivers for keyboard and touchpad
    - updated to the latest synaptics driver
    - made a new synaptics trackpad profile
    - disabled touchpad when using the USB mouse

Laptop stats:
    HP Pavillion dm1-4002AU
    Windows 10 Home 64bit (upgraded from Win7 and then reset to a fresh state)
    AMD Radeon HD 6230 Graphics
    6GB RAM
    Synaptics Driver Version: 19.0.12.95 06Jul15
    Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
    Lenovo ThinkPad PS/2 keyboard

This is very exasperating. I would appreciate some help in stopping this problem permanently, thanks.

krytoned, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Laptop PS/2 Keyboard and Touchpad not working

1. Laptop PS/2 Keyboard and Touchpad not working - Similar Threads - Laptop Keyboard Touchpad

2. Standard PS/2 keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard PS/2 keyboard is not working: This is actually not a cry for help, rather, this is a solution.I saw a post that people, many were suffering this same issue and I can confirm the solution that TomManning1 provided.The solution was simple, but poorly explained.But I will now elaborate as to why the computer...
  3. Standard PS/2 keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standard PS/2 keyboard is not working: This is actually not a cry for help, rather, this is a solution.I saw a post that people, many were suffering this same issue and I can confirm the solution that TomManning1 provided.The solution was simple, but poorly explained.But I will now elaborate as to why the computer...
  4. Standard PS/2 keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PS/2 keyboard and touchpad freeze, VERY URGENT

PS/2 keyboard and touchpad freeze, VERY URGENT: Good morning everyone, I'm writing here hoping to be able to find an answer to a problem that has been driving me crazy for days. Description of the problem:My computer on which I installed windows 10 22H2 has an incomprehensible problem, the internal trackpad and keyboard...
  6. PS/2 keyboard and touchpad freeze, VERY URGENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS/2 keyboard and touchpad freeze, VERY URGENT: Good morning everyone, I'm writing here hoping to be able to find an answer to a problem that has been driving me crazy for days. Description of the problem:My computer on which I installed windows 10 22H2 has an incomprehensible problem, the internal trackpad and keyboard...
  7. PS/2 keyboard and touchpad freeze, VERY URGENT

8. update drivers touchpad ps/2

update drivers touchpad ps/2: hello sir I own a Toshiba satellite c50-bdevice. A few days ago, I updated my device’s operating system to Windows 10, and after the update, the touchpad crashed when opening Windows. It does not appear on me. I contacted the manufacturer about this malfunction, but they...
  9. update drivers touchpad ps/2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update drivers touchpad ps/2: hello sir I own a Toshiba satellite c50-bdevice. A few days ago, I updated my device’s operating system to Windows 10, and after the update, the touchpad crashed when opening Windows. It does not appear on me. I contacted the manufacturer about this malfunction, but they...
  10. Laptop keyboard ps/2

Laptop keyboard ps/2: One of the keys on my laptop became defective. This affected the keyboard operation. I therefore obtained a usb keyboard thet works perfect. Unfortunately during bootup and while working, the internal keyboard seems to interfere, so much, that sometimes I have to switch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my touchpad is not recognized to ps2