Windows 10: Laptop RAM suddenly reduced.

Discus and support Laptop RAM suddenly reduced. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; WINDOWS 10 ENTERPRISE, 1903 Hi, I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 with pre-installed 4Gb DDR3 1600MHz RAM which used to show a total of 3.9Gb and free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Laptop RAM suddenly reduced.

WINDOWS 10 ENTERPRISE, 1903

Hi,

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 with pre-installed 4Gb DDR3 1600MHz RAM which used to show a total of 3.9Gb and free memory of 1.6Gb.

Today I noticed that in the task manager, in the Performance>Memory section, it shows the RAM specs. as mentioned above, but, Total memory is showing 2.4Gb and fee memory 930-950Mb.

What caused this issue? Is it a hardware or software cause? How can it be resolved?

Please help me with this.

Regards,

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha.

:)

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Feb 8, 2020

2. Reduce laptop RAM

I have an old laptop (dual core Celeron), and it only has one job: to display PDF docs for me to read. Win10 at present uses 850 megs, Can I reduce RAM usage even more?

Mayagrafix, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 8, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Laptop RAM suddenly reduced.

Does RAM affect laptop battery life?

Perhaps the assumption is paging would be reduced - more would remain resident in RAM more of the time, so power demand is reduced. Seems a bit blasé.

Some estimates suggest 3W per 8Gb RAM, but depends on how the RAM is used too.

dalchina, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Laptop RAM suddenly reduced.

1. Laptop RAM suddenly reduced. - Similar Threads - Laptop RAM suddenly

2. Suddenly RAM uses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly RAM uses: my pc automatically reaches 100 ram usage and I am not using any software and nothing shows in task manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-ram-uses/5e225575-8984-465d-afc7-5b1813d2a1cb
  3. Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced: After this week's Windows 10 update, my mouse cursor speed was suddenly reduced. I went into Settings, and increased the speed from 10 to 20, and now it appears to be working normally. But why the change? And at some point in the future, will my mouse begin working...
  4. Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced: After this week's Windows 10 update, my mouse cursor speed was suddenly reduced. I went into Settings, and increased the speed from 10 to 20, and now it appears to be working normally. But why the change? And at some point in the future, will my mouse begin working...
  5. Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Need Help Reducing RAM Usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help Reducing RAM Usage.: I have had my PC for a while and its slowly been slowing down.. In the first SS it shows the processes using my RAM In the second SS it shows the RAM usage and the numbers dont seem to add up Is there some Cache i dont know about that should be cleared or is there something...
  7. How to reduce RAM usage? 21/24GB RAM used

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to reduce RAM usage? 21/24GB RAM used: Please advise Shared album - Miggitsog3 - Google Photos Shared album - Miggitsog3 - Google Photos 138213
  8. 1903 update reduced RAM speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1903 update reduced RAM speed: Hi all, Recently updated Windows 10 ver. 1809 to ver. 1903, and Windows now reports my total RAM speed as 2133 MHz. Before it was operating at 2400 MHz. 2400 is what the current processor supports. AIDA64 reports effective RAM speed is now 2133 MHz (which is what Task Man...
  9. WiFi signal strength suddenly reduced.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi signal strength suddenly reduced.: Hi. I am not any good with networking, so I am asking here. My WiFi router is placed at the first floor; and my entire home (two floors) was well served by it. For about a week, I was noticing that the WiFi signal strength is reducing in some rooms of the ground floor....
  10. Reduce laptop RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reduce laptop RAM: I have an old laptop (dual core Celeron), and it only has one job: to display PDF docs for me to read. Win10 at present uses 850 megs, Can I reduce RAM usage even more? 44371

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop ram reduced