Windows 10: Laptop randomly crashing often but resolves itself

Discus and support Laptop randomly crashing often but resolves itself in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Acer Nitro 5 (purchased in 2019) often crashes randomly, especially during gaming. Sometimes, my screen just freezes and I am forced to shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rpamatma, Sep 27, 2020.

1. rpamatma Win User

Laptop randomly crashing often but resolves itself

My Acer Nitro 5 (purchased in 2019) often crashes randomly, especially during gaming. Sometimes, my screen just freezes and I am forced to shut down the laptop. When I boot up the device immediately after a crash, I get the following "No Bootable Device" screen

Laptop randomly crashing often but resolves itself [​IMG]

In other times, my laptop shows the following error before crashing:

After getting this error, the laptop boots up and shows the "no bootable device" screen again.

When I get the "No Bootable Device" screen, I just wait for a while (around 15 minutes) and when I boot up my laptop it works normally, but the laptop working occurs randomly. My laptop is working now but is unreliable.

I checked the BIOS when the laptop works normally and it appears my HDD gets detected (check HDD1 Model Name below)

And when I check the BIOS when I get the "No Bootable Device" screen, my HDD does not get detected (notice that in the image below, the BIOS does not recognize the drive in the HDD1 slot)

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 around a month ago and all my drivers are updated. Is there anything I can do to reduce the number of times my laptop crashes? It has consistently been crashing at least once every two days.

:)

rpamatma, Sep 27, 2020

2. My laptop has been crashing randomly

My laptop has been crashing randomly. (youtube, games, just turning it on)

There has been 2 stop codes that I see; ''Thread stuck in device driver'' and ''DPC Watchdog Violation''

I just bought this laptop and the only thing I've done is installed an extra 8GB of RAM.

I've read a few similar problems and I have updated drivers and I have ran the memory test but it still randomly crashes.

I really need help and I'm willing to go through it step-by-step.

Thank You!

Attached is the error report:

Laptop randomly crashing often but resolves itself 29c62f2d-3f40-41fa-8122-c69b9bb09e4e?upload=true.png

MuhammadAnwar7, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Laptop crashing randomly after upgrade Windows 10

I have recently upgraded my laptop OS to Windows 10 from Win 7 Home Premium. Since then laptop is crashing randomly but gets restarted after Power on without any error msg. Otherwise I do not face any problem with general operation. Even when downloading
    is done or the laptop is idling , it does not shut down .

Please suggest means to get over the problem . I am apprehensive that with frequent crashing , Hard disk may fail.

SubirGhoshSX, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Thema:

1. Laptop randomly crashing often but resolves itself - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly crashing

2. My Laptop Crashes Often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Crashes Often: I'm using a Lenovo Legion Y740-171CHg and it continuously crashes. Doesn't matter which programs or applications are being run, it will crash nonetheless. Drivers have been updated and all other troubleshooting options have been tried but have not worked. He is the...
  3. My Laptop Crashes Often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop Crashes Often: I'm using a Lenovo Legion Y740-171CHg and it continuously crashes. Doesn't matter which programs or applications are being run, it will crash nonetheless. Drivers have been updated and all other troubleshooting options have been tried but have not worked. He is the...
  4. Often Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Often Crash: My PC are crashing sometimes yes but I pay no mind in it, however this past week I got 3 crashes and 1 of it is a BSOD. I'd like to know what's happening to my computer.here are the dump...
  5. Often Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Often Crash: My PC are crashing sometimes yes but I pay no mind in it, however this past week I got 3 crashes and 1 of it is a BSOD. I'd like to know what's happening to my computer.here are the dump...
  6. Often Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. system crash randomly and often

system crash randomly and often: Hello,My problem seems very comun : system crash. Yet none of the replies to this topic helped solve it.Several times a day sometimes less then a minute after restart sometime several minutes after during random actions webbrosing, using file exlorer, playing a video, playing...
  8. My Windows10 laptop often randomly crashes into BSOD, with multiple types of exceptions.

My Windows10 laptop often randomly crashes into BSOD, with multiple types of exceptions.: Hi, My Windows 10 often crashes into BSOD Blue screen crash randomly & frequently. I have quite a few DMP files which are present/collected while crashes in recent days. I would request to have those DMP files analysed to help me root causing out & provide a...
  9. Random BSOD often, quickly recovers but sometimes crashes

Random BSOD often, quickly recovers but sometimes crashes: Hi, I have had an open thread under a different topic on this forum Budget gaming PC, crashing regularly and have been referred to this topic. Basically the PC randomly goes into black screen for 5-10 seconds and then recovers and carries on as normal. Also, it crashes often...
  10. BSOD laptop crashing so often

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD laptop crashing so often: Hi, I am running into a problem with my 1 year old DELL Laptop XPS 15 9560 where it is crashing everyday atleast once. This is the last minidump file I got: Crash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (http://www.osr.com) Online Crash Dump Analysis...