Windows 10: Laptop randomly displays "Locking..." and screen goes black.

Discus and support Laptop randomly displays "Locking..." and screen goes black. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Happens often, every 30 minutes or so while gaming. All the power settings are set to never, and system integrity check didn't show anything. Virus... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by rw_406, Aug 1, 2020.

1. rw_406 Win User

Laptop randomly displays "Locking..." and screen goes black.

Happens often, every 30 minutes or so while gaming. All the power settings are set to never, and system integrity check didn't show anything. Virus scan didnt show anything either.

:)

rw_406, Aug 1, 2020

2. my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

my hp laptop screen goes black randomly when using it

KwameNyarko, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

Hi afrozahmed1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the model of HP laptop you are using?
    2. Does the black screen occur while using the PC or while restarting the machine?
    3. Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to the issue?
    4. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue. There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.
    These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer.
    The main causes are Problems with the driver for your display adapter or incompatible application.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank
    screen errors
    refer the section
    I see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

If that doesn’t help, I would also suggest you to go through the article provided by HP on
    Troubleshooting Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7),
    refer the section No image on the screen, or the screen is blank.

Disclaimer: The article include the step of updating BIOS. Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems
    that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Debra Win User

Laptop display randomly turns black

My dell laptop display randomly turns black. Sometimes it goes for some time with no problem than it starts turning black every minute or so until it starts “blinking” and at last it’s black most of the time.
    While it’s black I can still type and it will react to my input in the background.
    The OS is windows 10. I reinstalled display drivers (downloaded newest drivers) and ran some hardware tests on startup.
    Any ideas how to fix this.

Thank you!

Debra, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop randomly displays "Locking..." and screen goes black. - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly displays

2. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  3. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  4. Display goes black randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display goes black randomly: My display goes black randomly, sometimes day apart, sometimes minutes, that forces me to restart whatever I'm doing to get the display back.It's not my Monitor since I swapped it out with a different monitor and it has the same issuesI looked into event viewer, and every...
  5. Computer's Screen goes black then locks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer's Screen goes black then locks: After working remote one day, my PC now after exactly 2 minutes goes to a black screen then locks. I have gone through multiple articals trying to fix this and this is what settings I have set right now: Power Plan Options: Turn off the display: Never Put the computer to...
  6. Laptop Screen goes black and alt-tabs randomly

Laptop Screen goes black and alt-tabs randomly: For about a month now my laptop screen goes black randomly for a second or so and alt-tabs from the current game. This issue happens mainly while gaming. While surfing in the web there are some vertical lines going yellow/black at a constant area of 7 cm height at about ⅔ of...
  7. Laptop screen goes black

Laptop screen goes black: Just booted up windows then the screen goes black then turns back on every 5 seconds. Cant access anything properly. Thought it was wallpaper engine trying to turn on but to no avail. Not able to access previous drivers since i cant gain access to the settings. Any help will...
  8. my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

my hp laptop screen goes black randomly: my hp laptop screen goes black randomly when using it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-laptop-screen-goes-black-randomly/7478cfe4-7112-476c-b98d-6d950f69071d
  9. My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

My hp laptop screen goes black randomly: My hp gaming laptop screen goes blank and it comes back when i put my laptop on sleep mode and get back to my login page . And goes blank most frequently while gaming on my laptop. Please give me a solution to fix this , Thank you....
  10. screen saver goes to black screen and locks

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen saver goes to black screen and locks: I am having a problem setting a screen saver on my new Windows 10. When setting a screen saver and selecting "Preview" or setting a screen saver and having it go to it at the appropriate time limit, the screen saver displays properly. However, when hitting a key or mouse...