Windows 10: Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown

Discus and support Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10 pro latest build! a few months ago I upgraded my ram by adding an extra 8gb beside my original 4gbnot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yōkai, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Yōkai Win User

Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown

Hello, I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10 pro latest build! a few months ago I upgraded my ram by adding an extra 8gb beside my original 4gbnot removable ram. everything was fine for a few days but since then my laptop freezes randomly became unusable like an screenshot and the only way is forcing it to shutdown by pressing the power button! I'm dealing with this problem for months and it still happen usually once in a day, sometimes more! its weird because I never seen this happen when I playing games or using heavy software, it always happens randomly like when I playing music or lea

:)

Yōkai, Sep 9, 2021

2. Laptop freezes, have to force shutdown.

Original title: my laptop wont shutdown.

I go through the process and it freezes so i have to a force shutdown, even if try to put it sleep

CarolWringe, Sep 9, 2021
  3. HiKhris Win User
    LAPTOP FREEZES RANDOMLY

Hello Community,

As my title says, my laptop freezes randomly.

I have tried so many ways, but didn't go well.

The laptop freezes randomly, I can't do anything about it except force it to shut down by long pressing the power button.

Can't put it to sleep, can't use the crtl+alt+del, nothing.

Could it be a hardware problem?

Very frustrated with it freezing up on me randomly, and I believe it hurts the computer too with force shut down,

please help!

Thank you!

HiKhris, Sep 9, 2021
  4. Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown

Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown

1. Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly freezes

2. windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again: When I use my PC for work, usually have Microsoft Edge with 20-30 tabs5-10 active tabs and Word, my PC randomly freezes. The keyboard and mouse are not responsive and Ctrl-Alt-delete or ESC are not working, the screen froze at the last thing on the screen.No black screen, no...
  3. windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again: When I use my PC for work, usually have Microsoft Edge with 20-30 tabs5-10 active tabs and Word, my PC randomly freezes. The keyboard and mouse are not responsive and Ctrl-Alt-delete or ESC are not working, the screen froze at the last thing on the screen.No black screen, no...
  4. windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Powershell popup force laptop shutdown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powershell popup force laptop shutdown: My laptop has been in s mode since purchase at christmas and over the last 5 days ive been getting a popup in a blue box asking if i want to run windows powershell.exe. This happens between 8 and 9 every night, i haven't tried to run powershell or any other app. I can't close...
  6. Laptop keeps freezing, only solution is to force shutdown

Laptop keeps freezing, only solution is to force shutdown: Recently purchased a basic laptop on ebay, its a hypa 14 with Windows 10 home, a pentium cpu, 4gb of memory and 64gb emmc storage. The issue I've been having is the laptop freezes constantly where the only solution is to hold down the power button to shut down the machine....
  7. Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown: From yesterday, my laptop has been freezing at any random moment and I am having to force the laptop to shut down by pressing the power button. Whenever this happens I have noticed that the light on the laptop that shows disk activity goes completely off. (I have attached an...
  8. Random Freezing and Shutdown issue.

Random Freezing and Shutdown issue.: I have this issue for more than a year now. My laptop would freeze randomly ever since I did an update from Windows 1903 to 1909. Not a single update released has fixed this issue for me. I can go a few days just fine. Four days max. And then the issue will come. Sometimes...
  9. Laptop freezes out of the blue, have to force shutdown and reboot!

Laptop freezes out of the blue, have to force shutdown and reboot!: Hello MS Community I've been facing a freezing issue on my Dell Inspiron 5567 purchased in June 2017 - Windows 10. It started about a month ago in August 2020 when I noticed thatafter extended idle periods the display would be totally unresponsive, although music would...
  10. Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart

Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart: My computer randomly freezes causing me to have to force a shutdown or restart. There is no malware and I've tried disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome. I noticed this started happening after the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter was removed in version 1809. My NVIDIA...