Windows 10: Laptop randomly freezes, no bootable device

Discus and support Laptop randomly freezes, no bootable device in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, my laptop has been experiencing random freezes recently, they can occur at anytime, from idling to the middle of gaming I first lose the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by seergaze, Oct 6, 2018.

1. seergaze Win User

Laptop randomly freezes, no bootable device

Hi All, my laptop has been experiencing random freezes recently, they can occur at anytime, from idling to the middle of gaming

I first lose the sound, then most of my programs will stop responding (windows is still running and I can still move my mouse though) until everything finally freezes and it gives me a no bootable device screen.

There is no BSOD screen and I've done sfc scannow, chkdisk, mdsched, disk cleanup and all show no problem, i cannot find any info from the reliability history or event monitor, only that the shutdown was unexpected.

Can anyone give me some advice to troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks!

:)

seergaze, Oct 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Oct 6, 2018
  3. HiKhris Win User
    LAPTOP FREEZES RANDOMLY

Hello Community,

As my title says, my laptop freezes randomly.

I have tried so many ways, but didn't go well.

The laptop freezes randomly, I can't do anything about it except force it to shut down by long pressing the power button.

Can't put it to sleep, can't use the crtl+alt+del, nothing.

Could it be a hardware problem?

Very frustrated with it freezing up on me randomly, and I believe it hurts the computer too with force shut down,

please help!

Thank you!

HiKhris, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Laptop randomly freezes, no bootable device

Laptop Windows 10 Randomly Freezing

I have a laptop with a little more to the specs. here are the mains

• Intel Core i7 3rd Gen 3632QM (2.20 GHz)
    • 6 GB Memory 750 GB HDD
    • NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M
    • 1600 x 900
    • Windows 8 64-Bit
    • 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
    My laptop has been randomly freezing after the most recent update "Security Update for Windows (KB4025342)" I'm uninstalling this update, because I feel it's what's causing me to freeze.

UghRochester, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Laptop randomly freezes, no bootable device

1. Laptop randomly freezes, no bootable device - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly freezes

2. Laptop randomly freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly freezing: Hello recently my dell laptop started freaking out. I have dropped my laptop many times because i travel a lot.Yesterday i was just playing games and i hit my table and my pc got frozen while the audio was looping a terrible sound when i restarted it i was recommended by...
  3. Laptop randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly freezing: Hello recently my dell laptop started freaking out. I have dropped my laptop many times because i travel a lot.Yesterday i was just playing games and i hit my table and my pc got frozen while the audio was looping a terrible sound when i restarted it i was recommended by...
  4. Laptop freezing randomly

Laptop freezing randomly: I've had an issue with my MSI GL63 8SE laptop for the past month where it would, at random times, freeze and make buzzing sounds. I would then need to force restart it.Looking into the Event Viewer, I noticed that around the time it freezes, there is an error log though I'm...
  5. Laptop freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezing randomly: I've had an issue with my MSI GL63 8SE laptop for the past month where it would, at random times, freeze and make buzzing sounds. I would then need to force restart it.Looking into the Event Viewer, I noticed that around the time it freezes, there is an error log though I'm...
  6. Laptop freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop randomly freezes

Laptop randomly freezes: A while ago my laptop started to completely freeze and stop for no reason, and I have to just turn it off by holding the button. This happens often now, every day almost. This happens no matter what I'm doing on it, occasionally it freezes even if it is idle....
  8. laptop freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop freezing randomly: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2021-‎10-‎27 6:32 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 193Parameter 1: 815Parameter 2: 3Parameter 3:...
  9. laptop freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop freezing randomly: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2021-‎10-‎27 6:32 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 193Parameter 1: 815Parameter 2: 3Parameter 3:...
  10. Laptop freezes randomly

Laptop freezes randomly: I have this issue for more than a year now. My laptop would freeze randomly ever since I did an update from Windows 1903 to 1909. Not a single update released has fixed this issue for me. I can go a few days just fine. Four days max. And then the issue will come. Sometimes my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no bootable device while gaming

2. random no bootable device

3. laptop freeze not bootable device found?