Windows 10: Laptop randomly freezes, no bootable device

Discus and support Laptop randomly freezes, no bootable device in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, my laptop has been experiencing random freezes recently, they can occur at anytime, from idling to the middle of gaming I first lose the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by seergaze, Oct 6, 2018.

1. seergaze Win User

Laptop randomly freezes, no bootable device

Hi All, my laptop has been experiencing random freezes recently, they can occur at anytime, from idling to the middle of gaming

I first lose the sound, then most of my programs will stop responding (windows is still running and I can still move my mouse though) until everything finally freezes and it gives me a no bootable device screen.

There is no BSOD screen and I've done sfc scannow, chkdisk, mdsched, disk cleanup and all show no problem, i cannot find any info from the reliability history or event monitor, only that the shutdown was unexpected.

Can anyone give me some advice to troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks!

:)

seergaze, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Mountain Dew Win User

Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Oct 6, 2018
  3. HiKhris Win User
    LAPTOP FREEZES RANDOMLY

Hello Community,

As my title says, my laptop freezes randomly.

I have tried so many ways, but didn't go well.

The laptop freezes randomly, I can't do anything about it except force it to shut down by long pressing the power button.

Can't put it to sleep, can't use the crtl+alt+del, nothing.

Could it be a hardware problem?

Very frustrated with it freezing up on me randomly, and I believe it hurts the computer too with force shut down,

please help!

Thank you!

HiKhris, Oct 6, 2018
  4. UghRochester Win User

Laptop Windows 10 Randomly Freezing

I have a laptop with a little more to the specs. here are the mains

• Intel Core i7 3rd Gen 3632QM (2.20 GHz)
    • 6 GB Memory 750 GB HDD
    • NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M
    • 1600 x 900
    • Windows 8 64-Bit
    • 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
    My laptop has been randomly freezing after the most recent update "Security Update for Windows (KB4025342)" I'm uninstalling this update, because I feel it's what's causing me to freeze.

UghRochester, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop randomly freezes, no bootable device - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly freezes

2. Surface Go "no bootable device"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Go "no bootable device": I have a Surface Go that has a UEFI password that owner does not remember. When turned on all it shows is the windows logo and then then a no bootable device message. When F2 is pressed after a reboot, a windows logo shows with a red line at the top of the screen that has...
  3. Asus Laptop freezes randomly

Asus Laptop freezes randomly: My Asus Laptop X540L randomly freezes to the point where I cannot do anything ...cursor does not respond nor does any key on the keyboard with the only solution is to do a hard power off and then start up again. I have tried so many things that I don't know what else to do. I...
  4. no bootable device

no bootable device: During powerup, my HP 15 displays first a black screen with the following advisory: "press escape" then the screen displays "No bootable device". I have reinstalled Windows, tried restore, used the DISM command with command prompt to repair and still no success. If I go...
  5. No bootable device

No bootable device: After several days of random freezing, in which only a hard reboot would resolve the issue, I received a "no bootable device" error message. I tried several troubleshooting techniques to no avail. I did notice a recent Windows Update download that seems to correspond with the...
  6. random freezes

random freezes: I have been having issues with windows 10 since my fresh install 3/4 days ago. at random times my pc will just freeze if there is sound when it hangs it just continuously makes noise. this wont go away unless i hard restart the pc freezes mostly randomly, while gaming,...
  7. Laptop randomly freezing and performing slowly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop randomly freezing and performing slowly: I did a force shut down of my laptop when it suddenly froze one time and now the laptop is acting up. After i login after booting it up it takes a very long time for my toolbar, desktop icons and shortcuts to load up. Even after its all loaded up when i click on something or...
  8. random freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    random freezes: I have been having issues with windows 10 since my fresh install 3/4 days ago. at random times my pc will just freeze if there is sound when it hangs it just continuously makes noise. this wont go away unless i hard restart the pc freezes mostly randomly, while gaming,...
  9. Windows 10 no bootable device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 no bootable device: I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 about 2 weeks ago, absolutely no issues, i was happy with everything. My computer had froze and i forced a shut down via power button. Upon starting again i was greeted with "no operating system found" I fixed that problem now im greeted...
  10. Random Freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezing: Hello, I have a new laptop and I'm having an issue with it randomly freezing. It's happening after I've been away from it for a while. When I return, it's not in sleep, but the mouse and keyboard will not generate any response. Not a mouse button, windows key,...