Windows 10: Laptop randomly going to sleep

Discus and support Laptop randomly going to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop has been having a problem where it is randomly going to sleep. Everything else seemed to work fine until recently the hard drive became... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PahanGunaratne, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Laptop randomly going to sleep

Hi, my laptop has been having a problem where it is randomly going to sleep. Everything else seemed to work fine until recently the hard drive became very slow and glitchy for while, and things started crashing repeatedly etc, but only happened temporarily which led me to think the drives were the problems, but i checked their SMART status and they were fine. I have both a ssd for boot and a hdd for bulk storage. I have tried almost everything there is out there to fix the sleeping issue. I also had had an accident with the laptop in which i shorted the power input on the laptop, nothing much happened but it feels like this is around the time my problems started. Any help will be greatly appreciated as i do not want to take it to a repair shop.

:)

PahanGunaratne, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Oliverbgn Win User

PC going into sleep mode randomly even if in use

I downloaded and installed the display driver with no luck. It's still going into sleep mode randomly.

Any other suggestion I can try? Thanks

Oliverbgn, Feb 10, 2019
  3. dougabugg Win User
    What is triggering my laptop to go to sleep?

My laptop has this annoying "feature" where randomly after waking up from sleep, it will go to sleep after 1.5 minutes of inactivity. After it starts going to sleep in 1.5 minutes, it keeps doing so after waking up until I close everything and restart it.

I've been dealing with this issue for a year now, and its very annoying to have to wake up my laptop and type in my password after stepping away for literally just 2 minutes. Is there anyway to find out what is triggering my laptop to go to sleep like this?

I have already checked, my power settings are not at fault. I brought my laptop in to Best Buy Geek Squad and they updated drivers and firmware, but the problem persists. I'm out of options, and can't afford a new laptop right now.

My laptop is Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK, running Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.407

EDIT:

• I did a google search for "scheduled maintenance sleep" but I didn't see anything related to my computer going to sleep from inactivity.
    • Tried: Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all > Power, and following prompts. Was told my power settings were set to have my computer go to sleep after too long, not the issue (too short, 1.5 minutes) I'm having, already specified my power settings were not the issue.
    • Currently investigating this article...

dougabugg, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Laptop randomly going to sleep

Laptop goes to sleep randomly while playing games

Hi,

If your laptop randomly goes to Sleep mode while you're playing, then this may have something to do with the Power options. Try to check if your laptop is set to Sleep mode after a certain minute. Just simply go to Settings, click System, then select Power
    & sleep. You can also check the Additional power settings.

Now, if it's still the same after you changed the Power settings, then we suggest that you contact the device manufacturer.

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Laptop randomly going to sleep

1. Laptop randomly going to sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly going

2. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep: Hello,same question as ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-monitor-never-goes-to-sleep/a992a91a-9aa8-4e4b-a65e-b906200649eaThe original answer by microsoft team is not usefull only 1 positive vote and 53 other people has the same problem so...
  3. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep: Hello,same question as ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-monitor-never-goes-to-sleep/a992a91a-9aa8-4e4b-a65e-b906200649eaThe original answer by microsoft team is not usefull only 1 positive vote and 53 other people has the same problem so...
  4. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop randomly runs into issues when going into sleep mode

Laptop randomly runs into issues when going into sleep mode: Instead of going to sleep, the screen turns dark and the fan stays on. I have no choice but to power off the PC when this happens. My model is: HP Pavilion 15, Windows 10. This does not happen all the time, seems to be random....
  6. Laptop randomly runs into issues when going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly runs into issues when going into sleep mode: Instead of going to sleep, the screen turns dark and the fan stays on. I have no choice but to power off the PC when this happens. My model is: HP Pavilion 15, Windows 10. This does not happen all the time, seems to be random....
  7. Laptop randomly runs into issues when going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptop not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not going to sleep: I have just completed a full/clean re-install Win10 Pro 64Bit 21H1 (Pro vers installed as per the Windows key associated with the laptop) of my elderly father in-laws laptop after he was hacked on Tuesday. The hackers tried to steal some money from his bank A/C (blocked by...
  9. Laptop going on sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop going on sleep mode randomly: So, I’ve got an acer nitro 5 (i5 9th, 16gb ram, 128gb ssd + 1tb, gtx 1650) and recently it goes into sleeping mode on its own, when I’m using it. It doesn’t happen all the time, like once every two days but it’s still annoying. Sometimes it happens while I’m gaming. I don’t...
  10. Laptop randomly going to sleep every few minutes

Laptop randomly going to sleep every few minutes: I installed a new SSD into my Dell Insperon 13-7352, now the computer will randomly go to sleep every when it is being used. I've done some searching online and I thin the problem is similar to this one:...