Windows 10: Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode

Discus and support Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I leave my laptop on (plugged in) all the time. Periodically I will come into my office in the morning and the laptop will be hung. Not responsive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by garyfritz, Aug 20, 2019.

1. garyfritz Win User

Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode

I leave my laptop on (plugged in) all the time. Periodically I will come into my office in the morning and the laptop will be hung. Not responsive to anything, have to hold the power button to kill it.

This has happened randomly, maybe once every week or two, basically since the computer was new 9 months ago. In the last 3 days it's happened 3 times. Don't know if a recent update made it worse, or what.

I looked at the event viewer and didn't see anything helpful, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right place. How do I debug something like this?

System is an HP Spectre x360 15" with i7-8705G and 16GB of RAM.

:)

garyfritz, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Oliverbgn Win User

PC going into sleep mode randomly even if in use

I downloaded and installed the display driver with no luck. It's still going into sleep mode randomly.

Any other suggestion I can try? Thanks

Oliverbgn, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Laptop goes to sleep randomly while playing games

Hi,

If your laptop randomly goes to Sleep mode while you're playing, then this may have something to do with the Power options. Try to check if your laptop is set to Sleep mode after a certain minute. Just simply go to Settings, click System, then select Power
    & sleep. You can also check the Additional power settings.

Now, if it's still the same after you changed the Power settings, then we suggest that you contact the device manufacturer.

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode

Windows 10 hangs in sleep mode

I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first came out - everything was okay. A couple of weeks ago my HP Pavilion laptop now hangs when it goes into sleep mode - either based on power settings or manually setting to sleep mode - and I have to hard boot it to get
    it back to life. I have tried every option identified for managing the power settings including turning off sleep mode to force it into hibernate. I have checked for Windows updates and am current. I have checked for HP updates and am current. I have verified
    in the device manager that the keyboard can activate the laptop from sleep mode.

Any other suggestions?

I am on Windows 10 Home, version 1709, OS Build 16299.19

I have an HP Pavilion 15 notebook PC. 6 GB ram. intel i7-5500U SPU @2.4 GHz

GretchenPeterson, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode

1. Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly hangs

2. Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.: Hi, I have a problem where my ASUS laptop goes randomly into sleep/power-reserve mode. While in it, the screen turns off, fans go quite, but the keys still light up. I can turn the laptop back on within seconds just by pressing any key, which is easy and fast, but still...
  3. Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.: Hi, I have a problem where my ASUS laptop goes randomly into sleep/power-reserve mode. While in it, the screen turns off, fans go quite, but the keys still light up. I can turn the laptop back on within seconds just by pressing any key, which is easy and fast, but still...
  4. Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Random Beeps while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Beeps while in sleep mode: Dell InspirionWindows 11When my PC goes into sleep mode it begins to sound alerts at varying intervals. Sounds like hardware remove and add sounds.I have tried all the fixes I could find on the internet to no avail. My only work around is to mute my PC before I know I won't...
  6. Random Beeps while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Beeps while in sleep mode: Dell InspirionWindows 11When my PC goes into sleep mode it begins to sound alerts at varying intervals. Sounds like hardware remove and add sounds.I have tried all the fixes I could find on the internet to no avail. My only work around is to mute my PC before I know I won't...
  7. Laptop going on sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop going on sleep mode randomly: So, I’ve got an acer nitro 5 (i5 9th, 16gb ram, 128gb ssd + 1tb, gtx 1650) and recently it goes into sleeping mode on its own, when I’m using it. It doesn’t happen all the time, like once every two days but it’s still annoying. Sometimes it happens while I’m gaming. I don’t...
  8. Laptop gets in to sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop gets in to sleep mode randomly: Laptop gets into sleep mode randomly. Tried all the options of power management. I disabled the hibernate also but still, the problem persist. I first thought its the problem due to the graphics card. Disabled the graphics card but still, the problem persists. Please help....
  9. Laptop randomly plays sound while shut and in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop randomly plays sound while shut and in sleep mode: This has been bugging me for a while. Sometimes my Toshiba portege laptop just plays sound while it's shut and in sleep mode. It's like the laptop starts up and logs on while in sleep mode, even my Bluetooth headset connected to the pc although it was supposed to be in sleep...
  10. Laptop goes to sleep mode while working randomly and continuously

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop goes to sleep mode while working randomly and continuously: Hi Team, I'm using Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop. I've noticed that my laptop goes to sleep mode randomly even if its in use. I tried to login after a few seconds again it will go to sleep mode. I'm unable to work due to this issue. It was repeatedly happening....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp latop fails to sleep randomly