Windows 10: Laptop Randomly in Chinese sometimes.

Discus and support Laptop Randomly in Chinese sometimes. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm in China, and I needed a new laptop. Unfortunately, changing the language on this laptop has been hell compared to a MacBook. First I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewL2390, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Laptop Randomly in Chinese sometimes.

I'm in China, and I needed a new laptop. Unfortunately, changing the language on this laptop has been hell compared to a MacBook.
    First I had to purchase new Windows key just so I could change the language because apparently the version of Windows computers come with in China don't give you that option. But though I changed the license key, everything is still everything was in Chinese.

After much finagling I managed to finally get most of Windows to show in English. Including the start menu, the login screen, etc.

unfortunately, at random times, apps and such will still show in Chinese. BSODs are in Chinese. I tried starting the new Halo game, and I received a message from Steam in chinese. Why is this such a torture. How do I erase the Chinese language from my computer so it will be in English as if I purchased it in America?

Do I have to completely reinstall Windows?

:)

AndrewL2390, Mar 7, 2020

2. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Changed Cortana into US English but Still Replied in Chinese

Hi Rynn,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to Remove the Chineselanguage and add it again and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Remove the Chinese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Chineselanguage.

• Click on remove under input method.

Step 2: Add ChineseLanguage.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the Chinese language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Laptop Randomly in Chinese sometimes.

can't change the language from chinese to English for windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I would suggest you, try removing Chinese language pack and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

• Type Language in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Language.

• Select the Chinese language and click on
      Move down (if it is on the top).

• Click on Remove Option.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Randomly in Chinese sometimes.

1. Laptop Randomly in Chinese sometimes. - Similar Threads - Laptop Randomly Chinese

2. Convert Chinese Laptop to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert Chinese Laptop to English: A friend of mine bought a laptop in China she is on a two year contract there, Everything is in Chinese in Windows 11. How can the Windows 11 be changed to English. According to the Chinese IT the Windows 11 is a Chinese family package and cannot be converted from Chinese to...
  3. When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen: The recent Windows 10 update has introduced a bug for Chinese input. Normally, when I type in Chinese Pinyin, the Chinese characters appear near the cursor. However, after a recent Windows update, the Chinese character sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen...
  4. When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen: The recent Windows 10 update has introduced a bug for Chinese input. Normally, when I type in Chinese Pinyin, the Chinese characters appear near the cursor. However, after a recent Windows update, the Chinese character sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen...
  5. When typing in Chinese, the Chinese chars sometimes appear at the top left corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. PC randomly crashes/hangs, sometimes BSOD, sometimes hangs, sometimes reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly crashes/hangs, sometimes BSOD, sometimes hangs, sometimes reboots: A few months ago my pc would crash 2-4minutes after booting it up for the first time in the morning, screen would freeze and wouldnt accept any input I solved this by just rebooting pc and it run as normal for the rest of the day. After a few weeks it would crash twice in the...
  7. Chinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows: Hi I have purchased a laptop in China and the operating system is all in Chinese. I would like it to be in English. Default language settings cannot be changed, it appears the Chinese version of Windows installed on the laptop is Chinese language only and blocks other...
  8. Random BSOD sometimes

Random BSOD sometimes: Hi there, I have lately a BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED crash out of nowhere . Not my first crash Already reinstalled windows but that dosnt fix my problem. I looked online for a solution and didnt find one. I have the DMP but do not understand it. DMP link:...
  9. Laptop Randomly Restarts and Sometimes it Shutdown

Laptop Randomly Restarts and Sometimes it Shutdown: Hello there, I am facing this issue for about 4 days from now, my laptop restarts randomly and sometimes it shutdown automatically even when i am working or playing a game on it. I searched for this error and got a lot of suggestions, but nothing worked. For example. The...
  10. Random but sometimes consitent BSODs

Random but sometimes consitent BSODs: So I've been having issues with BSODs for a bit now. Somedays there are no issues, other days I have can't do shit. Upgrading to Windows 10 has seem to have fixed the random bluescreens, from what I can tell, but now I'm still having the issue of DOTA 2 crashing and sometimes...