Windows 10: Laptop randomly lags

Discus and support Laptop randomly lags in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As mentioned in the title, my 2 year old laptop has started to lag randomly, and it does not revert back to normal by itself. A few weeks ago this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RageAceYT, Aug 20, 2020.

1. RageAceYT Win User

Laptop randomly lags

As mentioned in the title, my 2 year old laptop has started to lag randomly, and it does not revert back to normal by itself. A few weeks ago this happened too but it was easily fixed by doing a forced restart. But now, even with a forced restart, it starts lagging, even on startup.

My performance settings are on best performance. I tried clean boot, it's still lagging upon startup. Any solutions would be appreciated.

:)

RageAceYT, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 20, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 20, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Laptop randomly lags

Windows 10 Randomly Restarts Laptop Without Warning

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop reboots by itself randomly. We suggest you to run the Hardware troubleshooter and System File Checker tool to scan for any corruptions that may be causing your system to reboot. Kindly follow the steps to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the left panel.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. Click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

To run the System File Checker tool, kindly refer to this article:
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Laptop randomly lags

1. Laptop randomly lags - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly lags

2. lagging laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lagging laptop: it was really lagging laptop gaming,On 2022/5/3 i bought the new asus gaming laptop the spec is much better and any games has over 200fps+ it was so great,After 1 year "2023/10/7" my gaming laptop became boring and lagging,many problems, got fortnite hardware id ban for no...
  3. Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours: So, my laptop has been randomly freezing and doesn’t unfreeze. I can open the lap too and work on it just fine for hours until it randomly starts lagging really bad, my entire computer lags! It lags so bad I have to shut it down if I want it to finally work right, I even...
  4. Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours: So, my laptop has been randomly freezing and doesn’t unfreeze. I can open the lap too and work on it just fine for hours until it randomly starts lagging really bad, my entire computer lags! It lags so bad I have to shut it down if I want it to finally work right, I even...
  5. Laptop Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Lag: when ever i open something animated or a game then my laptop starts laggingnot even performs smooth for a second but everything works like s slide show and when opening something it opens half for first 2 seconds then full in typing it types "hello" for first 2 second it...
  6. Laptop keyboard randomly lags(?)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard randomly lags(?): As the title states the keyboard of my laptop randomly stops working and there doesn't seem to be a pattern on when this happens as well. The mouse and everything else works though. I say lag because it stops working, but when you plug in an external keyboard everything that...
  7. Random Lag & Delay

Random Lag & Delay: Yesterday, my laptop was working fine and running with quick speed, until I slapped my desk. When I hit my desk, my laptop's screen cut to black. I checked the cables and nothing was unplugged, I then decided to try power my laptop up, and it worked, but there was a problem....
  8. Pc lagging randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc lagging randomly: Randomly my PC would start lagging and it wouldn't stop until I shut it down and I have to shut it down through the power button because I can't click shut down. I am on Windows 10...
  9. lagging laptop

lagging laptop: my laptop is lagging, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lagging-laptop/bd83d33d-440b-4aab-825b-68c750dd9e1d
  10. Random Lag

Random Lag: 2 days ago, my computer just started running like 10x slower than before. Games run horrible, things open very slowly, bringing up taskbar is stuttery. this has never happened to me before and I have always been able to run games fast until now. Need help. Specs: GTX 1070...