Windows 10: Laptop Randomly Loses WiFi

Discus and support Laptop Randomly Loses WiFi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m not sure what to do. My laptop starts up, briefly shows my network, and then it disappears and says no WiFi networks found. The only fix I’ve found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/8zw1, Jun 8, 2020.

1. /u/8zw1 Win User

Laptop Randomly Loses WiFi

I’m not sure what to do. My laptop starts up, briefly shows my network, and then it disappears and says no WiFi networks found. The only fix I’ve found is restarting the computer which doesn’t always work. Any ideas? Thanks.

submitted by /u/8zw1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/8zw1, Jun 8, 2020

2. Laptop Randomly Restarts / Turns Off and comes on with No Wifi

Thanks for the reply

I dont get any errors when the laptop restarts, but it happens randomly and instantly everything shuts down with no warning. Its not like a restart because it doent say restart it just turn off. And sometimes switches ot self back on.

I dont think I have downloaded any applications to cause the problem.

Te problem happens randomly, i think most of the time when im using the internet or using cpu heavy applications. But i think it happens randomly.

I tried the troubleshootin and it doest have the wifi adapter when it randomly shuts down. It just shows ethernet and bluetooth adapter. When i restart it again wifi works.

Hassan786m, Jun 8, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Is that ipv4 pool for DHCP? I usually set fixed IP addresses outside dynamic pool (so above .64 in your case)

Other solutions: like Superfly suggested, new wifi adapter (USB solutions in your case), and found one old HP thread... uninstalling HP hotkeys worked for someone - looks like app was messing with physical key...)

AndreTen, Jun 8, 2020
  4. txstoby Win User

Laptop loses wifi connection and often is difficult to connect.

My HP laptop running windows Ten has developed and annoying habit of losing the wifi connection. Often times it will not reconnect or it takes multiple attempts to get it connected. Many times, I can be right next to the router or to the personal hot spot and it will still not connect.
    Many times rebooting will allow me to reconnect, but it is happening multiple times in a day. Any suggestions?

txstoby, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop Randomly Loses WiFi - Similar Threads - Laptop Randomly Loses

2. Windows 11 randomly loses wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 randomly loses wifi: I've had my Windows 11 laptop for a month or so and for the second time it's randomly lost it's WiFi connection. No internet access, no connections available, yet all my other devices are still connected. Resetting the router and the the network have no effect. The Network...
  3. Windows 11 randomly loses wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 randomly loses wifi: I've had my Windows 11 laptop for a month or so and for the second time it's randomly lost it's WiFi connection. No internet access, no connections available, yet all my other devices are still connected. Resetting the router and the the network have no effect. The Network...
  4. laptop losing connection with WIFI card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    laptop losing connection with WIFI card: things: laptop is ASUS TUF FX705DT. runs on Win10 Home v1909 has Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC How does it behave: It sometimes goes down on its own with me just using it casually. It will most probably lose connection when I move my laptop...
  5. Laptop loses Wifi...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop loses Wifi...: Hi! My laptop disconects from Wifi at random moments... At 30 min, 1h... its very random. Then i can see all routers from my neightbour, but mine doesnt appear, then i have to restart my laptop, and then i have conection again. Sorry for my bad english and thanks. submitted...
  6. Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network: Hello forum, Here's a strange wifi problem that I have with my computer: about every 5-20 minutes it loses access to the internet. I can still reach the local network. After disconnecting from the wifi network and reconnecting, I can reach the internet again for a couple of...
  7. Laptop losing wifi

Laptop losing wifi: After the last Windows update, my laptop keeps losing the home wifi connection. I can still see all the other networks in the area, but it does not see mine. I have to reset the adapter, or disable and enable the adapter, but it's getting really annoying, because I have to...
  8. Asus X550C always losing WIFI randomly

Asus X550C always losing WIFI randomly: My housemate has an issue with his Asus X550C laptop which I can't solve and it's frustrating. It came with Windows 8.1, and sometimes it would randomly lose internet, such as when waking up from sleep - there would be no WIFI connection. But this wasn't all the time or...
  9. Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection

Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection: Hi all, Ever since I updated to Windows 10, my laptop struggles to hold a strong connection (sometimes any connection at all) to my Virgin Media router. Even if I am sitting in the same room as my router, the connection is weak and often disconnects, with a connection...
  10. Losing WiFi

Losing WiFi: I think I know my way around a computer but I am stumped. I decided to take my laptop outside today and as soon as I did I lost connectivity. I could not reconnect, it would try to connect to my network but tell me it was unable to connect. First thought was the WiFi driver...