Windows 10: Laptop randomly plays sound while shut and in sleep mode

Discus and support Laptop randomly plays sound while shut and in sleep mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has been bugging me for a while. Sometimes my Toshiba portege laptop just plays sound while it's shut and in sleep mode. It's like the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThatBella, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Laptop randomly plays sound while shut and in sleep mode

This has been bugging me for a while. Sometimes my Toshiba portege laptop just plays sound while it's shut and in sleep mode. It's like the laptop starts up and logs on while in sleep mode, even my Bluetooth headset connected to the pc although it was supposed to be in sleep mode and that scared the heck out of me. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Is this a problem with windows or a proprietary issue with the device?

submitted by /u/ThatBella
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThatBella, Jan 5, 2020

2. Laptop goes to sleep randomly while playing games

Hi,

If your laptop randomly goes to Sleep mode while you're playing, then this may have something to do with the Power options. Try to check if your laptop is set to Sleep mode after a certain minute. Just simply go to Settings, click System, then select Power
    & sleep. You can also check the Additional power settings.

Now, if it's still the same after you changed the Power settings, then we suggest that you contact the device manufacturer.

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Jan 6, 2020
  3. kp1424 Win User
    Laptop in sleep mode, is opening apps and playing sound

When I put my laptop in sleep mode, and have the mute button on, it is waking itself up, and opening apps, and turning the sound back on.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

kp1424, Jan 6, 2020
  4. garyfritz Win User

Laptop randomly plays sound while shut and in sleep mode

Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode

Good thing I kept the reports. Laptop randomly plays sound while shut and in sleep mode :) Attached below. Don't know why the other thread disappeared -- maybe because it wasn't a real BSOD?

Looks like chkdsk /r /v has to be run at boot time, and many of the next steps (installing drivers, etc) are going to take more time than I have today. I'll get back to it later.

The HP Diagnostics at that link is only a 32-bit app. The only Hardware Diagnostics I see on my laptop is just a log file. Should I run the UEFI tests?

HD Tune: I let it sit on the Health tab for quite a while and nothing happened. I tried hitting Update, I set it to 1-minute update, nothin'. The Log is empty too.

Laptop randomly plays sound while shut and in sleep mode [​IMG]

garyfritz, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Laptop randomly plays sound while shut and in sleep mode

1. Laptop randomly plays sound while shut and in sleep mode - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly plays

2. Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.: Hi, I have a problem where my ASUS laptop goes randomly into sleep/power-reserve mode. While in it, the screen turns off, fans go quite, but the keys still light up. I can turn the laptop back on within seconds just by pressing any key, which is easy and fast, but still...
  3. Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.: Hi, I have a problem where my ASUS laptop goes randomly into sleep/power-reserve mode. While in it, the screen turns off, fans go quite, but the keys still light up. I can turn the laptop back on within seconds just by pressing any key, which is easy and fast, but still...
  4. Random Beeps while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Beeps while in sleep mode: Dell InspirionWindows 11When my PC goes into sleep mode it begins to sound alerts at varying intervals. Sounds like hardware remove and add sounds.I have tried all the fixes I could find on the internet to no avail. My only work around is to mute my PC before I know I won't...
  5. Random Beeps while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Beeps while in sleep mode: Dell InspirionWindows 11When my PC goes into sleep mode it begins to sound alerts at varying intervals. Sounds like hardware remove and add sounds.I have tried all the fixes I could find on the internet to no avail. My only work around is to mute my PC before I know I won't...
  6. Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?: Hello, Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest Windows 10 build, updated graphics drivers. Is there a reason this might be happening? Things I've tried troubleshooting...
  7. Computer shuts down while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down while in sleep mode: I have an HP All-in-One 24 computer with Intel Core i5 . Recently, when I put the computer into sleep mode, later during the night the computer shuts down. I have also found that the computer does not go to sleep even though I have set the PC to sleep after 30 minutes. The...
  8. Random notifications and other sounds while in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random notifications and other sounds while in sleep mode?: I woke up today to my computer making a notification sound, but not from my headphones (which were plugged in). the sound came from the actual speakers of the PC itself. I awaken it from sleep mode and i hear a sound that sounded familiar but i haven't heard before, almost...
  9. Laptop in sleep mode, is opening apps and playing sound

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop in sleep mode, is opening apps and playing sound: When I put my laptop in sleep mode, and have the mute button on, it is waking itself up, and opening apps, and turning the sound back on. Does anyone have any suggestions?...
  10. Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode: I leave my laptop on (plugged in) all the time. Periodically I will come into my office in the morning and the laptop will be hung. Not responsive to anything, have to hold the power button to kill it. This has happened randomly, maybe once every week or two, basically since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i can hear something playing on laptop in sleep mode

2. inspiron 7391 13 music plays in sleep mode