Windows 10: Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid.

Discus and support Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Razer Blade R2 running Windows 10. About three days ago my laptop randomly shut down and rebooted when I opened the lid and woke it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CowboyLastname, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid.

I have a Razer Blade R2 running Windows 10.

About three days ago my laptop randomly shut down and rebooted when I opened the lid and woke it from sleep mode. Since then, it has happened 3 more times, all seconds after opening the lid. Sometimes I can make it past the login screen, sometimes I can't.

It doesn't happen every time I open the lid. I've opened it way more than 3 times, but the reboot has happened 3 times. The laptop shuts down completely and then restarts, just like a crash except without a bluescreen.

I checked the event log and found nothing out of place. It lists these crashes as a critical error, kernel-power event ID 41, but BugcheckCode and the power timestamp are both 0.

I could be overheating, but the reboots have happened after several hours of not using the laptop, so it wasn't hot. My leading suspicion is either power related (though my charger works fine and my battery % fluctuates and charges normally) or a program or something on startup is having some sort of issue that is sending my computer into a crash. Worst case scenario is that it is hardware related, but considering that this only happens sometimes, I'm not too sure.

Is there anything that I can use to check and diagnose the problem, and furthermore, what could this be?

:)

CowboyLastname, Jul 23, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jul 23, 2019
  3. How do I prevent the Laptop from waking up from sleep if the lid is opened

Hi,

We suggest you to check the Power Management settings in
    Device Manager
    if we can change the settings. Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows+R keys to open the Run Command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc to open Device manager.
    • Expand the System devices list.
    • If you look through the listed devices, there should be an entry for your laptop's lid. Double-clicking this will open the
      Properties panel for your device.
    • Check if the Power Management tab is available.
    • Uncheck Allow this device to wake the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Rafael Com, Jul 23, 2019
  4. rmoreau Win User

Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid.

How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid.

1. Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid. - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly rebooting

2. when to close the lid of laptop after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    when to close the lid of laptop after shutdown: hello when i shutdown my laptop it the screen become dark after 6 secs (approx) but the two led lights at the right corner of keyboard still blinks for 15 secs(approx) so shall i wait for the ligjt to stop blinking or shall i just close the lid pannel after screens goes...
  3. Screen stays black after opening lid

Screen stays black after opening lid: I have been getting this issue recently and out of nowhere. I've set my laptop to do nothing if the lid is closed. Previously it would work perfectly. II clos the lid and then re open it the screen wakes up fine. But now whenever i open the lid, the screen turns on...
  4. Black screen upon opening my laptop lid.

Black screen upon opening my laptop lid.: Now as the name suggests, when I open my laptop lid after closing it, my screen is black. I've seen multiple solutions, most of which incorporate the use of ACPI Lid Power Management. When I attempt to change my ACPI Lid settings, I see no available tabs for power management,...
  5. Laptop not shuting on from sleep automatically after opening the lid

Laptop not shuting on from sleep automatically after opening the lid: Hello there. I recently rebstarted my Sony Vaio laptop because of system problems and lost all Sony Vaio apps. After that the feature of closing the lid and the computer going into sleep was working but after i open the lid again I have to press the On Button so that the...
  6. Laptop Crashing with BSOD when i open the lid

Laptop Crashing with BSOD when i open the lid: I know this question has been posted several times, but what is different is that it doesn't crash every time. The laptop crashes only when i plug in the charger when the lid is down and then try to open it. It works fine when i don't plug in the charger and open the lid....
  7. Projector settings open with laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projector settings open with laptop lid: So I'm having a weird issue, when I closed my laptop lid in Windows 7 and re-opened it the screen would go black for a second and reset my cursor to the center of the screen. Weird issue that I couldn't find a fix for. Well I just upgraded to Windows 10, now when I close and...
  8. Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition -

Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition -: Hi guys. I am still having issues with my laptop Reliability history attached in thread : Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition - Windows 10 Forums can someone knowlegable about kernel dumps get on board and tell me what is going on so I can use...
  9. Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition: Hi Guys, love the new iteration of windows 10. Its cool and looks a little more polished. However I exprienced random reboots with my laptop while using it, and I think its not hardware related. SFC reports no issues. Any tools I can use to narrow the problem down?...
  10. After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid

in Windows 10 Support
    After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid: Hello, I have upgraded Windows 7 on my Laptop to Windows 10. Before the upgrade, when I opened the lid, it woke up, but after the upgrade I have to press the button for it to wake up. I've tried looking with "powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any", but can't tell if there is...