Windows 10: Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid.

Discus and support Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Razer Blade R2 running Windows 10. About three days ago my laptop randomly shut down and rebooted when I opened the lid and woke it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CowboyLastname, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid.

I have a Razer Blade R2 running Windows 10.

About three days ago my laptop randomly shut down and rebooted when I opened the lid and woke it from sleep mode. Since then, it has happened 3 more times, all seconds after opening the lid. Sometimes I can make it past the login screen, sometimes I can't.

It doesn't happen every time I open the lid. I've opened it way more than 3 times, but the reboot has happened 3 times. The laptop shuts down completely and then restarts, just like a crash except without a bluescreen.

I checked the event log and found nothing out of place. It lists these crashes as a critical error, kernel-power event ID 41, but BugcheckCode and the power timestamp are both 0.

I could be overheating, but the reboots have happened after several hours of not using the laptop, so it wasn't hot. My leading suspicion is either power related (though my charger works fine and my battery % fluctuates and charges normally) or a program or something on startup is having some sort of issue that is sending my computer into a crash. Worst case scenario is that it is hardware related, but considering that this only happens sometimes, I'm not too sure.

Is there anything that I can use to check and diagnose the problem, and furthermore, what could this be?

:)

CowboyLastname, Jul 23, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jul 23, 2019
  3. How do I prevent the Laptop from waking up from sleep if the lid is opened

Hi,

We suggest you to check the Power Management settings in
    Device Manager
    if we can change the settings. Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows+R keys to open the Run Command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc to open Device manager.
    • Expand the System devices list.
    • If you look through the listed devices, there should be an entry for your laptop's lid. Double-clicking this will open the
      Properties panel for your device.
    • Check if the Power Management tab is available.
    • Uncheck Allow this device to wake the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Rafael Com, Jul 23, 2019
  4. rmoreau Win User

Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid.

How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid.

1. Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid. - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly rebooting

2. Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot: My Dell G5 is running Windows 11 most recent build and all the patches installed. I reinstalled the OS a day since I had same issue before. After reinstalling OS, I installed latest versions of all the drivers. Still the problems persist. Please refer to the links of minidump...
  3. Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot: My Dell G5 is running Windows 11 most recent build and all the patches installed. I reinstalled the OS a day since I had same issue before. After reinstalling OS, I installed latest versions of all the drivers. Still the problems persist. Please refer to the links of minidump...
  4. Turn of system on opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn of system on opening laptop lid: I want my laptop to turn of when I open the lid.I checked the settings and everything seems to be enabled already. Power options = enabled, regedit = enabled.Yet the laptop does not turn on, I have to press the power button to start the system.I have a MSI Raider GE76.Windows...
  5. Turn of system on opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn of system on opening laptop lid: I want my laptop to turn of when I open the lid.I checked the settings and everything seems to be enabled already. Power options = enabled, regedit = enabled.Yet the laptop does not turn on, I have to press the power button to start the system.I have a MSI Raider GE76.Windows...
  6. window 11 auto start after laptop lid open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 11 auto start after laptop lid open: Hi, I have a Lenovo idea pad 3 with window 11. when I open the lid my laptop automatically turns on.without pressing power button.how can i turn off this setting.Please answer my questions....
  7. Laptop Opening lid function

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Opening lid function: Hi every1 I would like to know whether there is an option by which I can switch on the laptop by just opening the lid without having to press the power button. Thank you...
  8. Opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening laptop lid: Hi Its somthing weird happening my laptop When i open the lid of my laptop more than 90 deg it shuts down It wont happen anything if i open it less than 90 deg I even reinstalled windows but its still not working Email me if u want to see its video: *** Email address is...
  9. Laptop not shuting on from sleep automatically after opening the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not shuting on from sleep automatically after opening the lid: Hello there. I recently rebstarted my Sony Vaio laptop because of system problems and lost all Sony Vaio apps. After that the feature of closing the lid and the computer going into sleep was working but after i open the lid again I have to press the On Button so that the...
  10. Projector settings open with laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projector settings open with laptop lid: So I'm having a weird issue, when I closed my laptop lid in Windows 7 and re-opened it the screen would go black for a second and reset my cursor to the center of the screen. Weird issue that I couldn't find a fix for. Well I just upgraded to Windows 10, now when I close and...