Windows 10: Laptop randomly runs into issues when going into sleep mode

Discus and support Laptop randomly runs into issues when going into sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Instead of going to sleep, the screen turns dark and the fan stays on. I have no choice but to power off the PC when this happens. My model is: HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sk...g, Mar 25, 2022.

1. sk...g Win User

Laptop randomly runs into issues when going into sleep mode

Instead of going to sleep, the screen turns dark and the fan stays on. I have no choice but to power off the PC when this happens. My model is: HP Pavilion 15, Windows 10. This does not happen all the time, seems to be random.

:)

sk...g, Mar 25, 2022
  2. garyfritz Win User

Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode

Good thing I kept the reports. Laptop randomly runs into issues when going into sleep mode :) Attached below. Don't know why the other thread disappeared -- maybe because it wasn't a real BSOD?

Looks like chkdsk /r /v has to be run at boot time, and many of the next steps (installing drivers, etc) are going to take more time than I have today. I'll get back to it later.

The HP Diagnostics at that link is only a 32-bit app. The only Hardware Diagnostics I see on my laptop is just a log file. Should I run the UEFI tests?

HD Tune: I let it sit on the Health tab for quite a while and nothing happened. I tried hitting Update, I set it to 1-minute update, nothin'. The Log is empty too.

Laptop randomly runs into issues when going into sleep mode [​IMG]

garyfritz, Mar 25, 2022
  3. TinKode Win User
    TinKode, Mar 25, 2022
  4. Oliverbgn Win User

PC going into sleep mode randomly even if in use

I downloaded and installed the display driver with no luck. It's still going into sleep mode randomly.

Any other suggestion I can try? Thanks

Oliverbgn, Mar 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Laptop randomly runs into issues when going into sleep mode - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly runs

2. Laptop randomly runs into issues when going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly runs into issues when going into sleep mode: Instead of going to sleep, the screen turns dark and the fan stays on. I have no choice but to power off the PC when this happens. My model is: HP Pavilion 15, Windows 10. This does not happen all the time, seems to be random....
  3. Laptop randomly runs into issues when going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly runs into issues when going into sleep mode: Instead of going to sleep, the screen turns dark and the fan stays on. I have no choice but to power off the PC when this happens. My model is: HP Pavilion 15, Windows 10. This does not happen all the time, seems to be random....
  4. Laptop going on sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop going on sleep mode randomly: So, I’ve got an acer nitro 5 (i5 9th, 16gb ram, 128gb ssd + 1tb, gtx 1650) and recently it goes into sleeping mode on its own, when I’m using it. It doesn’t happen all the time, like once every two days but it’s still annoying. Sometimes it happens while I’m gaming. I don’t...
  5. Random BSOD when going to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD when going to sleep: My computer is running Windows 10 1903, and every few days when I left the laptop all night sleep or just left it when it is on, I have random crashes. At 4 am this morning I get up and found the laptop is not in the sleep state and when I tried to make the laptop sleep, the...
  6. Computer is randomly going into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer is randomly going into sleep mode.: Event logs show it as user S-1-5-19, a non-named user account. Below is the event. This happens often. <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated...
  7. Laptop won't go to sleep mode when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't go to sleep mode when plugged in: I have exactly the same problem as in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-locking-going-to-sleep-when-charging/e0600313-6720-4ee5-82e7-07a38b4fae8d However the replies couldn't solve my problem, so I decided to ask the question...
  8. Laptop randomly going to sleep

Laptop randomly going to sleep: Hi, my laptop has been having a problem where it is randomly going to sleep. Everything else seemed to work fine until recently the hard drive became very slow and glitchy for while, and things started crashing repeatedly etc, but only happened temporarily which led me to...
  9. Windows 10 Going Into Sleep Mode Randomly

Windows 10 Going Into Sleep Mode Randomly: Hello! I am using a HP Envy 15 TouchScreen Notebook (SKU: F5G56AV), Core i7-4700MQ CPU, Win 10 Home 10.0.17134, NVIDIA GeForce 840M Video Card. I starting in the past two weeks (approximately), I have been having the notebook randomly go into sleep mode, even when using...
  10. Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not going into sleep mode at times: I've created a shortcut to put my computer to sleep. This will work a number of times then when I go to wake it up, I find the computer has completely shut down. I noticed the Power Button was giving me the same grief so I switched the Power Button from shutting down to...