Windows 10: Laptop randomly shutdown, now no signs of life at all

Discus and support Laptop randomly shutdown, now no signs of life at all in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my laptop running windows 10 randomly shut down, and will not turn on at all and basically seems dead. At first I thought it maybe a thermal issue but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jamzs, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Jamzs Win User

Laptop randomly shutdown, now no signs of life at all

my laptop running windows 10 randomly shut down, and will not turn on at all and basically seems dead. At first I thought it maybe a thermal issue but after letting days pass still nothing, I doubt I overclocked it seeing as the only active process at the time was streaming netflix. Any solution/suggestion is greatly appreciated

:)

Jamzs, Feb 21, 2020

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Laptop Randomly Restarts and Sometimes it Shutdown

Hello there,

I am facing this issue for about 4 days from now, my laptop restarts randomly and sometimes it shutdown automatically even when i am working or playing a game on it. I searched for this error and got a lot of suggestions, but nothing worked. For example.
    The System is not overheating as i checked the fans of my laptop and they are working fine, the system temperature also at its default range, i mean there is no overheating behind this problem, i checked for my drivers updates especially graphic and other
    drivers and they are up-to date. My windows is 10 Home latest version 1903 OS build 18362.239

My Laptop specifications are

Toshiba Satellite C55-A 1N1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200M CPU @2.50GHz 2.50Ghz

Ram: 8GB

Graphics Card Intel HD 4600

And Trion SSD Drive 250GB

There are 2 more things i would like to add is that i have check the event viewer logs and it shows the Kernel-Power, Event ID 41 Level Critical, Keywords: (70368744177664),(2) and the log says that "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down
    first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly"

The main thing is that the system shutdown or restarts randomly even if i am playing game or just listening to music or watching the movie. I removed my battery and plugged my laptop directly to check the problem but the problem was still there with no battery
    aswell. Please kindly suggest me the solution of the problem.

and the last thing is that when i dont plugin my laptop then it works for about 1-2 hours without restarting problem, but when its plugged in it only last for about 15-20 min (randomly).

Please Kindly Suggest me the solution, Thanks

jamaltariq, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Laptop randomly shutdown, now no signs of life at all

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Laptop randomly shutdown, now no signs of life at all

1. Laptop randomly shutdown, now no signs of life at all - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly shutdown

2. Random Shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Shutdowns: Hi, I'm new to this community!Last week, I have blue screens and random shutdowns Probably because of using the laptop while charging, or playing games.After running sfc, i think blue screens had stopped.Random Shutdowns still remains, though.Yesterday, I was surfing on the...
  3. Windows 10 Laptop Random Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Laptop Random Shutdown: I have an ASUS laptop and am currently running Windows 10. The issue I am having is that it will randomly shutdown or go to sleep when I step away and leave it inactive for 15 minutes or so, but then other times I can leave it for hours or even overnight, come back to it move...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop Random Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Laptop Random Shutdown: I have an ASUS laptop and am currently running Windows 10. The issue I am having is that it will randomly shutdown or go to sleep when I step away and leave it inactive for 15 minutes or so, but then other times I can leave it for hours or even overnight, come back to it move...
  5. Windows 10 Laptop Random Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My Laptop randomly shutdown

My Laptop randomly shutdown: It hasn't happened in a while, and it's a fairly new laptop, so I am just trying to see what is happening, I am attaching alink to my event viewer log. Thank you in advance....
  7. Random shutdown

Random shutdown: Hi, I am experiencing a weird issue where my screen is randomly showing me "locking" and then shuts down. When I then boot my computer again, I get a message from the BIOS stating that it lost contact with the operating system. This happens every 2-3 hours or so. Could you...
  8. Laptop Randomly Restarts and Sometimes it Shutdown

Laptop Randomly Restarts and Sometimes it Shutdown: Hello there, I am facing this issue for about 4 days from now, my laptop restarts randomly and sometimes it shutdown automatically even when i am working or playing a game on it. I searched for this error and got a lot of suggestions, but nothing worked. For example. The...
  9. Random Shutdowns

Random Shutdowns: So, I work in the I.T. department for a large company and we are all baffled by this new issue. We ordered a handful of OptiPlex 7050's because we need the large case for cards. I installed Windows 10 Enterprise, then I installed a secondary NIC and a NVIDIA QUADRO K620. I...
  10. Random Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdowns: Laptop, Dell Studio 1555, Previously running Win7 Ultimate and had no issues regarding random shutdowns. Upgraded to Win10 Pro, then wiped drive and clean installed Win10 Pro. No issues during installation. No issues with device drivers. No other software installed....