Windows 10: Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged

Discus and support Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop is an Alienware 14 running Windows 10. Every few days or longer, it automatically turns off without warning, and does it a lot more often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CdogXV, Mar 23, 2019.

1. CdogXV Win User

Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged

My laptop is an Alienware 14 running Windows 10. Every few days or longer, it automatically turns off without warning, and does it a lot more often until I unplug it and wait a long time. It happens even more often whenever it's unplugged at any time. There's nothing wrong with the battery, I already replaced the old and broken one last year.

:)

CdogXV, Mar 23, 2019
  2. rhodes132 Win User

laptop randomly shutting down

I have a gateway laptop w/ amd turion 64x2 processors,windows vista. I use to be able to play games all day, do 10 things at once and my laptop was fine. All of a sudden i have ran into the problem of my laptop randomly shutting down. At first it was just shutting down when i was playing video games (games that doesn't even have the greatest of graphics and that i played ever since i had laptop which has been for about 2 years); ide say i would be able to play about 5-20 min and randomly would shut down. Then i stopped playing video games on this and now just download music and playing music and if i am downloading music and playing music and converting music it will shut down on me. Seems to keep getting worse and worse, like today i was just browsing the internet it it shutdown on me. I did get a blue screen the other day as well, first time it has happened to me on this laptop. If anyone could tell me what this could be i would greatly appreciate it.

Another note: If i unplug my laptop from the recharger i can usually play until the battery is dead, but it will make my computer real laggy and choppy so its not even worth to do when playing games.

rhodes132, Mar 23, 2019
  3. laptop randomly shutting down

Sounds like the Powersupply you have is being problematic, or something is overheating, that last part of your quote gave me a clue in, now other thing id recommend is getting in the base of that laptop and cleaning it thoroughly, once you do that, clean the laptop every other month.

eidairaman1, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged

Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged

1. Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly shuts

2. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  3. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  4. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps randomly shutting off: Hello, so I have a Acer Predator Helios 300. Starting 30-40 minutes ago the battery stopped charging even though it was plugged in. It would say 83% remaining but the lightning icon was still there. Anyways after that it randomly shut down and I turned it back on. However, a...
  6. Laptop screen randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen randomly shutting off: I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3, and my screen seems to be randomly shutting off. All other inputs including keyboard and mouse are working, and the keyboard is still backlit. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/TheZaron1 [link] [comments]...
  7. Laptop won't start if unplugged, turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't start if unplugged, turns off when unplugged: submitted by /u/Jcrm87 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp127e/laptop_wont_start_if_unplugged_turns_off_when/
  8. Laptop Shuts Down when Unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Shuts Down when Unplugged: Hi, I have an ASUS UX360CA working on a Windows 10. But lately, after my last update I think, my laptop has been shutting down in about 5 minutes after I unplug it from charging. It is on "Full Capacity Mode" using the Asus Battery Health Charging application. I tried...
  9. Laptop switches off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop switches off when unplugged: Me and my brother's laptops were working perfectly before we updated it. When we updated it an issue came up where we can only use our laptops only when plugged in. If it isn't plugged in, it switches off. Also, even though its plugged in, every 15 seconds during gameplay...
  10. BSOD Randomly especially when playing games and shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Randomly especially when playing games and shutting down: Hey guys, for the last few months I have been experiencing crashes that forces me to reboot my machine, BSOD's mainly. I was playing Playerunknown Battlegrounds and I was getting kicked out of game and I have a feeling it was due to something on my computer, after doing all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop shuts down when unplugged

2. laptop suddenly shuts down when unplugged

3. laptop turns off randomly when unplugged windows 10