Windows 10: Laptop reboots 2 mins after login, runs safe mode fine

Discus and support Laptop reboots 2 mins after login, runs safe mode fine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My asus X555DG will start up normally but within a minute or two of logging in and loads everything fine. The screen goes blank/olive black and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dazed&confused., Mar 12, 2019.

1. Laptop reboots 2 mins after login, runs safe mode fine

My asus X555DG will start up normally but within a minute or two of logging in and loads everything fine. The screen goes blank/olive black and restarts.

I have gone in via safe mode and it works fine, switched off automatic restart if system failure.

Log in as usual and within 2 mins the screen goes blank but dosnt restart. The first 2 leds stay lit but the third one turns off. Fan still runs.

Please help

no updates or anything had happened. 30 mins ago it worked perfect but i let the battery run flat and when i went to use it again this happened.

:)

Dazed&confused., Mar 12, 2019
  2. geno368 Win User

Continuous reboot in XP but safe mode does fine

I am running an XP Pro Acer that is doing a continuous reboot. I can boot in safe and it seems to run just fine.
    I have done the following:
    I first eliminated any virus or malware possibilities.
    I reseated as well as eliminated each mem stick ..same result
    sometime, it takes about 5 tries to boot in safe because it stops loading after the mup load
    I researched this and it points to devices or drivers or memory
    I ran memtest for 2 hours with no errors
    I went to msconfig and unchecked all startup listings
    Still same result.
    If the power supply was bad, wouldn't it lock up after running 2 hrs in safe?
    Thanks for any help

geno368, Mar 12, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Continuous reboot in XP but safe mode does fine

Does the computer "hard" reset before login screen, after or during?
    If you are sure it's drivers fault, enter in safe mode, uninstall every driver you can think of, do a regular reboot and reinstall all of them (be sure to get the most recent versions from the internet).

temp02, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Laptop reboots 2 mins after login, runs safe mode fine

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Laptop reboots 2 mins after login, runs safe mode fine

1. Laptop reboots 2 mins after login, runs safe mode fine - Similar Threads - Laptop reboots mins

2. Windows login blocked for 2 min after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows login blocked for 2 min after restart: Hi,After going through CIS hardening on a computer a problem occured. After a restart i am not able to press CTRL+ALT+DEL for 2 min on the second. If i log out an account the CTRL+ALT+DEL is available instantly. I am able to access the shut down and easy of access buttons but...
  3. Windows login blocked for 2 min after restart

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows login blocked for 2 min after restart: Hi,After going through CIS hardening on a computer a problem occured. After a restart i am not able to press CTRL+ALT+DEL for 2 min on the second. If i log out an account the CTRL+ALT+DEL is available instantly. I am able to access the shut down and easy of access buttons but...
  4. Laptop freezes on login screen but works fine in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes on login screen but works fine in safe mode.: Problem:I have an HP 15-eq laptop. It suddenly crashed while I was working and now when I try to boot, it reaches the login screen but if move the cursor, the screen freezes and turns black and the laptop stops responding.Steps taken so far:Startup repair from winRE. It said...
  5. Laptop freezes on login screen but works fine in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezes on login screen but works fine in safe mode.: Problem:I have an HP 15-eq laptop. It suddenly crashed while I was working and now when I try to boot, it reaches the login screen but if move the cursor, the screen freezes and turns black and the laptop stops responding.Steps taken so far:Startup repair from winRE. It said...
  6. Laptop freezes on login screen but works fine in safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen with cursor after login. Screen works fine in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor after login. Screen works fine in safe mode: Been a few days, done a ton of research and so far all the solutions ive read on dont fix my problem. To run down the situation: - I get a black screen after i login with only a cursor, but sometimes the screen goes back to normal temporarily, and when it does work...
  8. Login issues after safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login issues after safe mode: So firstly my computer has been having an error with the personalized settings not responding AFTER I log in for a while now. But just recently I had a big complied update as I hadn't updated windows in a while. Few days later and my computer is running ridiculously slow....
  9. PC freezes after login on normal mode but works fine in safe boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC freezes after login on normal mode but works fine in safe boot.: My PC freezes 1 minute after I login (cannot open or close anything, but cursor moves). However, it works fine when I boot into safe mode. I have tried disabling start-up services and other services and etc, but this only buys me like 4 mins after login, then it freezes yet...
  10. Safe Mode Reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Safe Mode Reboot: Hi Jim here from Elliot Lake Ontario.... 6 hr north of Toronto and 2 hours east of the Soo, Mich Been retired here in the north for 20 years after a career with Bell Canada... in a variety of installation/repair/central office then sales marketing and consulting to outside...