Windows 10: Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates

Discus and support Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! After recent driver updates I can't shutdown my laptop, it automatically reboots after 3-4 secs. I have already tried everything from here,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dre0Dru, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Dre0Dru Win User

Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates

Hello! After recent driver updates I can't shutdown my laptop, it automatically reboots after 3-4 secs.

I have already tried everything from here, nothing helps.
    Attaching screenshot of latest driver updates:
    Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates 124c3d50-9888-4da1-b7af-28e0ad3fd80f?upload=true.png

I can't rollback this updates because I can't find what devices they were for.
    I can indeed see from this shady website that it was recently updated driver.
    I don't know what to do to resolve this issue, hoping for your help.

:)

Dre0Dru, Apr 10, 2021

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 10, 2021
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates

1. Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates - Similar Threads - Laptop reboots shutdown

2. randomly reboot and restart after the latest updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    randomly reboot and restart after the latest updates: Since November 2022 updates: 1. My desktop restarts several times during boot. Booting only succeeds in "debug mode", if at all. 2. Windows restarts unexpectedly and randomly within 1-30 minutes after a successful boot. 3. I reported the problem to Microsoft Customer Service...
  3. Laptop won't go into sleep and needs hard reboot after latest update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't go into sleep and needs hard reboot after latest update: My laptop doesn't go into sleep mode like usual. The power button stays lit and I could hear the hard disk busy. This had started happening after the last update around April 18. I had to hard boot every time and restart. I tried uninstalling the updates, but sill no change....
  4. Disable Reboot on Update and Shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Reboot on Update and Shutdown: Since Windows 10 v2004, when there's a pending update and you select "Update and Shutdown" on the start menu the behavior has changed for the worse. Before, when selecting Update and Shutdown, Windows would complete the first stage of the update usually 30% and then power...
  5. Long reboot and shutdown time after updating to KB4566116

Long reboot and shutdown time after updating to KB4566116: Hello, I've noticed that after updating to the optional KB4566116 Windows 10 update August 2020, that the reboot and shutdown times can become excruciatingly long, upwards of 10 minutes while the circle dots keep spinning above "Restart" or "Shutting down". Has anyone...
  6. 1809 reboots after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 reboots after shutdown: Hello, When I shut down my Windows 10 1809 PC it restarts after a couple of seconds.There are no error messages, no BSODs and I checked the event log after the system restarted and I could see nothing relevant in the event logs. I can disable the automatic restart, but that...
  7. Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition -

Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition -: Hi guys. I am still having issues with my laptop Reliability history attached in thread : Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition - Windows 10 Forums can someone knowlegable about kernel dumps get on board and tell me what is going on so I can use...
  8. Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition: Hi Guys, love the new iteration of windows 10. Its cool and looks a little more polished. However I exprienced random reboots with my laptop while using it, and I think its not hardware related. SFC reports no issues. Any tools I can use to narrow the problem down?...
  9. Latest update broke things after reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update broke things after reboot.: So far, I cannot run a no sleep hard drive program, Task Manager, or Outlook. Oh joy as I look for other things that no longer work. And...it's now working again, all of it. I guess it had to ruminate and digest the update for a few hours. I did nothing but play WoW for a...
  10. Reboot after Windows Update vs Shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot after Windows Update vs Shutdown and restart: Has anyone else noticed that after an update from Windows Update you "Must" do a Reboot for the installation/update to process. In prior versions of Windows when I would take an update, I might just wait until I shut the PC down for the night, and it would finish up in the...