Windows 10: Laptop registering nonexistent camera

Discus and support Laptop registering nonexistent camera in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My HP EliteBook Folio seems to be registering two different cameras, HP HD Camera, which works fine most of the time, and a PC Camera, which does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by psycho001, Oct 15, 2020.

1. psycho001 Win User

Laptop registering nonexistent camera

My HP EliteBook Folio seems to be registering two different cameras, HP HD Camera, which works fine most of the time, and a PC Camera, which does not work at all. I can't switch between them at all because when the laptop is registering the PC Camera, it does not register the HP HD Camera and vice versa. Currently they just switch between themselves alone and I can't control it which is, obviously, a problem now as I have classes online and need to have a camera. Please help.

:)

psycho001, Oct 15, 2020

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for providing the results after completing the steps we provided. Since you're still getting the error message “Your camera cannot be found” along with the error code "0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED)", we suggest that you follow the steps below
    to reset the Camera app on your Windows 10 computer:

• Press the Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
    • From the options presented select System, then click on
      Apps & features
      located on the left pane.
    • Locate the Camera app from the list and select it.
    • Select the Advanced options link and then choose Reset.
    • When the pop-up notification is shown just click on the Reset
      button once more.
    • Once all the steps are complete, kindly reboot your computer.

Completing this steps will clear the cache of the Camera app and allow it to re-recognize any video capture devices connected to your computer.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Oct 15, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop registering nonexistent camera - Similar Threads - Laptop registering nonexistent

2. Integrated Microphone on HP-ef3xxx laptop is nonexistent.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated Microphone on HP-ef3xxx laptop is nonexistent.: The integrated microphone on my HP-ef3xxx laptop has suddenly dissapeared after some driver issues I thought I resolved - and I can't seem to find the right drivers to fix with. Does anyone have the right drivers, or a seperate solution?Edit: For some reason, the older issue...
  3. Integrated Microphone on HP-ef3xxx laptop is nonexistent.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated Microphone on HP-ef3xxx laptop is nonexistent.: The integrated microphone on my HP-ef3xxx laptop has suddenly dissapeared after some driver issues I thought I resolved - and I can't seem to find the right drivers to fix with. Does anyone have the right drivers, or a seperate solution?...
  4. Nonexistent Account/User?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nonexistent Account/User?: In the Task Manager, a task name "Work or School Accounts" is running. I, however, have zero knowledge of making one.Either this is just an automatic Windows Process or it's just a bug/virus. I assume it automatically plays or is the results of my old account being renewed by...
  5. Nonexistent Account/User?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nonexistent Account/User?: In the Task Manager, a task name "Work or School Accounts" is running. I, however, have zero knowledge of making one.Either this is just an automatic Windows Process or it's just a bug/virus. I assume it automatically plays or is the results of my old account being renewed by...
  6. How do I uninstall nonexistent applications from a nonexistent drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I uninstall nonexistent applications from a nonexistent drive?: So I upgraded my storage recently from a boot ssd and a 1TB hard drive to a 1TB m.2 drive. The issue is now that I can't uninstall any of the applications that were on the hard drive. I'll use gimp for example. If I click on the shortcut it says that the application doesn't...
  7. Register new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Register new laptop: how do I register my new laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/register-new-laptop/64069954-e4ab-4efa-a551-22c5b9150a6b
  8. Login screen nonexistent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login screen nonexistent: Hi, For the past few days whenever I start up my PC, it will show the time and lockscreen like usual. However, whenever I press the space bar, it just goes blank. No prompt to login, does not show the user, nothing. Ctrl alt delete also does nothing. At first it said I...
  9. laptop not registering camera is connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop not registering camera is connected: I am trying to connect a sony camcorder to my hp laptop for use as a web cam it dosent register that its plugged in what can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-registering-camera-is-connected/5ca571d8-d305-46e5-91f4-7a673abfc4d2
  10. Earphones not registering on laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Earphones not registering on laptop: So this is something that has happened every morning when I turn my laptop on for the last few days...for about 10 minutes, when I plug my earphones in, it doesn't register them, and sound plays out through the speakers. I've tried disabling sound effects, updating drivers,...