Windows 10: Laptop repeatedly turns off

Discus and support Laptop repeatedly turns off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop and several work ones turn off whilst typing. Continually happens, fully charged and not overheating. Microsoft help complete waste of time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by STACKO99, Jul 20, 2020.

1. STACKO99 Win User

Laptop repeatedly turns off

My laptop and several work ones turn off whilst typing. Continually happens, fully charged and not overheating. Microsoft help complete waste of time, anybody have any ideas?

:)

STACKO99, Jul 20, 2020
  2. SophiaLi2 Win User

Laptop turning on and off repeatedly

So after trying to reboot my laptop it started turning on and off repeatedly how do I stop this.

SophiaLi2, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Computer is turns on and off repeatedly

turns itself on an off repeatedly??? Sounds like a job for an exorcist~ grab your nearest bible and start chanting for the evil spirit to go towards the light.

------
    Otherwise.

Have you tried inspecting your hardware for the source of the burning smell? Something could be fried. If you smell burning its usually not very wise to keep powering the machine on and off cuz if the PSU is unstable and its the overcurrent protection thats kicking in and turning the PC off then you risk frying anything and everything connected to your PSU, All it takes is that burst of high voltage and youre looking at an RMA or buying a new PC.

Strip everything out, find the source of the burning smell and inspect the hardware - especially the motherboard for black marks on the PCB where something could have fried.

FreedomEclipse, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Paladone Win User

Computer is turns on and off repeatedly

I will do that now. Originally I had thought that it was coming from a fan but I am not sure now.

Paladone, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop repeatedly turns off - Similar Threads - Laptop repeatedly turns

2. PC turns on and off repeatedly but No display

in Windows 10 News
    PC turns on and off repeatedly but No display: [IMG]If your Windows PC turns on and off repeatedly but shows no display, the solutions provided in this article will help you. Such types of issues usually occur due to hardware faults. The fault may also be with the power supply. What does it mean when my PC turns on and...
  3. Acer laptop randomly turned off and is repeatedly making a popping noise.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer laptop randomly turned off and is repeatedly making a popping noise.: My Acer laptop randomly turned off and is repeatedly making a popping noise, I tried charging it but the light at the top isn't showing either. It also smells a bit burnt I think?...
  4. Acer laptop randomly turned off and is repeatedly making a popping noise.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer laptop randomly turned off and is repeatedly making a popping noise.: My Acer laptop randomly turned off and is repeatedly making a popping noise, I tried charging it but the light at the top isn't showing either. It also smells a bit burnt I think?...
  5. My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself: The laptop is just turning off and on by itself, the screen won’t turn on either so I’m unable to do anything with bios or settings, I’ve tried a couple things and even let it die to see if when I plugged it back in that it may do something. I don’t really know what else I...
  6. My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself

My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself: The laptop is just turning off and on by itself, the screen won’t turn on either so I’m unable to do anything with bios or settings, I’ve tried a couple things and even let it die to see if when I plugged it back in that it may do something. I don’t really know what else I...
  7. What causes the laptop to turn off and restart repeatedly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What causes the laptop to turn off and restart repeatedly?: On Wednesday 17:00 CATI forgot the password bypassed my lenovo laptop and I bypassed it, did all the steps and it showed a window 10 logo and restart from 1 % so, right now it turns on and restart repeatedly for almost 13 hours. Anyone with the solution is welcome...
  8. What causes the laptop to turn off and restart repeatedly?

What causes the laptop to turn off and restart repeatedly?: On Wednesday 17:00 CATI forgot the password bypassed my lenovo laptop and I bypassed it, did all the steps and it showed a window 10 logo and restart from 1 % so, right now it turns on and restart repeatedly for almost 13 hours. Anyone with the solution is welcome...
  9. What causes the laptop to turn off and restart repeatedly?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Laptop turning on and off repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop turning on and off repeatedly: So after trying to reboot my laptop it started turning on and off repeatedly how do I stop this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turning-on-and-off-repeatedly/ccee4664-e112-48b4-84b1-d7dc59b470c4