Windows 10: Laptop reset does not work?

Discus and support Laptop reset does not work? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I reset my Acer laptop with windows 10. At some point I had to select country and language and so on, then clicked on next and set up my wifi. Next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lol123448, Jul 28, 2020.

1. lol123448 Win User

Laptop reset does not work?

I reset my Acer laptop with windows 10. At some point I had to select country and language and so on, then clicked on next and set up my wifi. Next came a "one moment please" screen for about an hour. Then the laptop restarted and the step with language and country was shown again, after that there was a text why the laptop restarted, then again a moment please and then always the same, the laptop restarted again and it started again

Alt F10 is not possible because my account has disappeared and I need the password for user default0 for each step, which I don't know

please help

:)

lol123448, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Laptop reset does not work?

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop reset does not work? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Laptop reset does not work?

1. Laptop reset does not work? - Similar Threads - Laptop reset does

2. Laptop reset not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop reset not working.: I’ve been trying to reset my laptop for 3 hours now and it doesn’t seem to work.Basically, I want to remove everything from my laptop. All files, apps, settings, users and get back to the Windows Setup screen, as if I had just bought a completely new device.To do that, I went...
  3. Laptop reset not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop reset not working.: I’ve been trying to reset my laptop for 3 hours now and it doesn’t seem to work.Basically, I want to remove everything from my laptop. All files, apps, settings, users and get back to the Windows Setup screen, as if I had just bought a completely new device.To do that, I went...
  4. Laptop reset not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windowss 11 Laptop does not reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windowss 11 Laptop does not reset: Hey everyoneSo I've had this laptop of mine for 3 years now, its being extra buggy and I thought it was about time to do a fresh installation on Windows to keep it running.I went to Settings, Recovery, and Reset this PC. And I asked to delete all files since I had it backed...
  6. Windowss 11 Laptop does not reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windowss 11 Laptop does not reset: Hey everyoneSo I've had this laptop of mine for 3 years now, its being extra buggy and I thought it was about time to do a fresh installation on Windows to keep it running.I went to Settings, Recovery, and Reset this PC. And I asked to delete all files since I had it backed...
  7. Pin does not work, and neither does resetting password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin does not work, and neither does resetting password.: Recently sfter reverting to the last windows update, my pin has not been working. It returns the message “Your credentials could not be verified.” Upon pressing OK then emtering the pin again, it says “Something went wrong and your Pin isnt availiable. status: 0xc000015b,...
  8. Reset Laptop not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset Laptop not Working: I recently booted up a pretty decent laptop I hadn’t used for a year and reset it. Before and after the reset it was unable to find my home network, despite finding other networks, and even connecting to my mobile hotspot. Wifi was never a problem before I stopped using the...
  9. Laptop reset does not seem to progress

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop reset does not seem to progress: Hello, After encountering issues with my new laptop kept crashing, bought it only 2 months ago, I was advised to try and reset it. I started the reset process almost 7 hours ago and it does not seem to progress. It looks like something is loading see photo attached for...
  10. Pc Reset does not work correctly?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc Reset does not work correctly?: I want to reset my PC because I got way too many Blue Screen of Deaths, and generally because it was full of files that were unnecessary, and it wasn't working as it should. Now when I do a complete reset, it sticks at 30%. What can you do?...