Windows 10: Laptop reset due to an app

Discus and support Laptop reset due to an app in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, a certain problem happened on my laptop. My laptop kinda resetted, at first i thought it was just an update. My dekstop which was on my TEMP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zeni_needs_help, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Laptop reset due to an app

Hello, a certain problem happened

on my laptop. My laptop kinda resetted, at first i thought it was just an update. My dekstop which was on my TEMP files the temp file was not this %temp%, but this TEMP had my files and my other dekstop just had microsoft edge and the rest of my files were also in the TEMP files. The next day, it happened again only this time in the TEMP when i checked desktop i had only microsoft edge i checked the other dekstop and it also only had microsoft edge.I have yet to check the rest, but immediately freaked out. At the bottom right when the "reset" happened the notification said an app has reset my default browser and my laptop to its default. I'm not that smart when it comes to computer, but if anyone can help, I beg of you please do help me with this issue.

:)

Zeni_needs_help, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Laptop reset due to an app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Laptop reset due to an app

Error 0x80073CF9, Need Help On Windows 10 Home Store is not Updating App & Games (Laptop)

Hi,

This error may occur due to several reasons. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We also suggest that you reset the Windows Store app by following these steps:

• Press Win + R to open the Run dialog
    • Type WSReset.exe.

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Laptop reset due to an app

1. Laptop reset due to an app - Similar Threads - Laptop reset due

2. Can't reset laptop due to recovery files missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset laptop due to recovery files missing: I was trying to reset my laptop due to bad performs and when i went to reset it would say that no changes have been made and when i tried resetting using advanced startup it would not allow me to use it due to missing files and because of this i have been unable to reset my...
  3. Can't reset laptop due to recovery files missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reset laptop due to recovery files missing: I was trying to reset my laptop due to bad performs and when i went to reset it would say that no changes have been made and when i tried resetting using advanced startup it would not allow me to use it due to missing files and because of this i have been unable to reset my...
  4. Laptop locked due to family safty app

Laptop locked due to family safty app: Hi everyone I have children with alot of tech and I monitor the tech with family safty for Windows and family link for android. My daughter has a Samsung touch screen laptop and as I said it had a screen time limit. She hasn't used it for a long time and tried to go on it...
  5. Laptop locked due to family safty app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop locked due to family safty app: Hi everyone I have children with alot of tech and I monitor the tech with family safty for Windows and family link for android. My daughter has a Samsung touch screen laptop and as I said it had a screen time limit. She hasn't used it for a long time and tried to go on it...
  6. Can’t reset laptop due to not enough storage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t reset laptop due to not enough storage: Hi,I can’t get into my laptop past the login screen, or once I do it’s either a black screen, or the second I try to click on anything apps,internet,documents etc the screen freezes and I have to force shut down my laptop Windows 10 version. I have got to troubleshooting...
  7. Can’t reset laptop due to not enough storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t reset laptop due to not enough storage: Hi,I can’t get into my laptop past the login screen, or once I do the second I try to click on anything apps,internet,documents etc the screen freezes and I have to force shut down my laptop Windows 10 version. I have got to troubleshooting screen hitting F11 when turning...
  8. Can’t reset laptop due to not enough storage

Can’t reset laptop due to not enough storage: Hi,I can’t get into my laptop past the login screen, or once I do the second I try to click on anything apps,internet,documents etc the screen freezes and I have to force shut down my laptop Windows 10 version. I have got to troubleshooting screen hitting F11 when turning...
  9. Laptop goes into blank screen due to idle and resetting laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes into blank screen due to idle and resetting laptop: When i leave my laptop on idle it turns into a blank sceen.i am resetting my laptop now and i cant possibly be there for the whole 2 hours. does the blank screen affect the progress?...
  10. Can't reset laptop due to no disk space!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't reset laptop due to no disk space!: Hi, This is yet another person looking for help regarding an Hp stream! I only use my laptop for crafting so this is why I bought the cheap Hp stream. My laptop started playing up a couple of days ago so I decided to delete everything and so I could do a factory reset. But...