Windows 10: Laptop restart After BSOD.

Discus and support Laptop restart After BSOD. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After occurrence of a BSOD, My laptop showed the blue screen even before reaching the lock screen which meant that I won't be able to open my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gunmayanand, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Laptop restart After BSOD.

After occurrence of a BSOD, My laptop showed the blue screen even before reaching the lock screen which meant that I won't be able to open my desktop screen for fixing any stuff. Any Ideas for that ? Plus it said that it will restart my laptop immediately but it shuts down after showing the screen for a minute or 2

:)

gunmayanand, Dec 6, 2020
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Dec 6, 2020
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Laptop restart After BSOD. [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Binge Win User

Laptop restart After BSOD.

Random Restarts, No BSOD

He mentioned that he had done that above. Also I provided a BSOD details app. There were no BSODs to report.

Binge, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Laptop restart After BSOD.

1. Laptop restart After BSOD. - Similar Threads - Laptop restart BSOD

2. Laptop Not working after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Not working after restart: At first it was working then I just restarted my hp laptop then suddenly lights vertical lines appeared on screen and it turned off. Now just the power button, charging light and keyboard lights are blinking, but laptop is not starting...
  3. Laptop Not working after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Not working after restart: At first it was working then I just restarted my hp laptop then suddenly lights vertical lines appeared on screen and it turned off. Now just the power button, charging light and keyboard lights are blinking, but laptop is not starting...
  4. Laptop restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop restarts after shutdown: Hi guys! My laptop is restarting everytime I try to shut it down. I tried everything i found online. Nothing is working. I even reinstalled the windows. I don’t know what to do anymore...
  5. BSOD and then no POST after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and then no POST after restart: Hi, hoping I can pick your guys brains on a troubling problem I had occur last nightSo I was gaming and suddenly without any stuttering or any other signs of issues my computer showed a BSOD. Usually id write down the code for the error but something weird had occurred here....
  6. BSOD and then no POST after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and then no POST after restart: Hi, hoping I can pick your guys brains on a troubling problem I had occur last nightSo I was gaming and suddenly without any stuttering or any other signs of issues my computer showed a BSOD. Usually id write down the code for the error but something weird had occurred here....
  7. BSOD and then no POST after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSOD after update restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after update restart: When my wife came to her computer yesterday she had the BSOD with Restart and Advanced Options buttons active. I've tried several restarts, and a couple of restores but the restarts don't work and the restore gives me an error message. It also won't start in safe mode from...
  9. BSOD after clean restart.

BSOD after clean restart.: I recently updated my 3 year old bios to a month old bios and after doing that I reinstalled windows for a clean restart. I have gotten the same bsod twice in a row now looked it up but not quite sure what to do. Heres the dmp files...
  10. BSOD - Laptop getting restarted

BSOD - Laptop getting restarted: Hi Team, please find the link for dump. -- https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avv0ntlBIi5eggvLB5UBasV3Z4F2. Event viewer ID. BugcheckCode 269 BugcheckParameter1 0x5 BugcheckParameter2 0x3b72a5076fd8 BugcheckParameter3 0x1018 BugcheckParameter4 0xffffc48d5af8c700...